PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Crochet? Fine thread doilies?

crochetdoilies
27th September 2008, 01:10 AM
This is my favorite craft... I crochet personalized handmade name doilies and floral doilies...

CrowlasCrafts
30th September 2008, 09:51 PM
Hi I have just taken up crochet again and I am loving it. I am having a go at a shrug at the moment and I have already made a collar from a wonderful pattern I bought here.

I haven't tried the very thin crochet thread - but that will be my next 'thing'!

Just joined a forum called Crochetville - you may have heard of it. Needed some advice on a certain stitch that I was trying to copy - turned out the top I was copying was half crochet and half knit!! :)

RobbyLouDesigns
8th October 2008, 03:31 AM
Hi, I just started to read some of this posts in this forum and happened upon your post. I don't crochet but my mom sure does, so I'm going to email her a link to your store so she can take a look at all the books you have. I'm sure she'll be excited and just might buy a few.

crochetdoilies
13th October 2008, 01:06 PM
Thank you! I have been thinking of making crocheted shawls and selling them here. I am so tempted... or even crocheted sweaters and tops. I like the lacy romantic kind... do you think I should?

indyglo
13th October 2008, 11:20 PM
I love to crochet with thread. I crochet mostly doilies and love to make very fancy fashion dolls clothes, like wedding gowns,southern belle gowns, etc.
I think it sounds like a wonderful idea to make and sell shawls, sweaters and tops.

Gloria

heartscup
19th October 2008, 07:01 AM
I crochet a few things here and there. Have shawls, scarfs, doilies, baby items, ponchos all either crocheted or knitted.

Been thinking about getting all of them up on here to see what people think of them and if they would sell.

Not sure what I am doing anymore! :) Just have so many things that where to begin is the problem. And for international, I have no idea of what to put as a cost for shipping them. Will figure that out as time goes by, I guess.

HC

crochetdoilies
19th October 2008, 08:16 PM
I think you should pack up the item and put it on a scale (as if you were ready to ship... ) so you can charge the correct fee.
If you are in the US, go to the www.usps.com web site to calculate the fee, in the UK, then www.royalmail.com.

thekannycrafter
20th October 2008, 09:45 PM
Hello Everyone

I have a few nice crochet cottons in my listiings if anyone is interested? It is a lovely hobby. I am knitting at the moment but I do like to crochet although I am a beginner at it I must confess, been knitting for 30 odd years though.

crochetdoilies
21st October 2008, 02:24 AM
I would love to see your listings... why not create a signature with a link to your auctions?

patticakebbq
21st October 2008, 02:43 AM
I haven't crocheted in years. I don't know if I even have any needles left. My mother taught me as a child. I started to learn to knit, but I never really got into it. Also used to cross stitch. Now I bake, do computer graphics and online auctions.

thekannycrafter
25th October 2008, 09:19 PM
How do I creat a signature link to my listings please?

phanmale
25th October 2008, 10:48 PM
How do I creat a signature link to my listings please?

Hi Kanny, welcome to eBid :)

Kens post is very helpful
http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?p=817452&highlight=signature#post817452

If you need further help, just post and someone generally comes to your rescue! :)

phanmale
25th October 2008, 10:52 PM
This is my favorite craft... I crochet personalized handmade name doilies and floral doilies...

OMG! :eek: my mum taught me to crochet at 15 when I found out I was pregnant :(

My son is 25 now and I havent crocheted for years!!!!!!!!!!!! Im guessing it would be more fun and cheaper than a powerball to stretch out my fingers - I spend too much time on my laptop and since the shock of my 23yo breaking his finger and the damage he may have caused, I have noticed my own hands are starting to close in where I dont manipulate my fingers enough.

Craft sellers, be warned, I may well be your next buyer!! :D

crochetdoilies
4th November 2008, 05:31 AM
Start crocheting again Phanmale!
It's exercise for your hands... and relaxing too. I crochet when I watch TV, yes I can do both (lol)... I am so addicted that I cannot sit still in front of the TV without doing something. I take it with me at work and crochet on my lunch time...

wyocowgirl1
5th December 2008, 05:29 PM
My Mom taught me to crochet when I was young also. The next door neighbor taught me to knit. The knitting didn't take. I crochet in front of the tube also. I like thread and yarn.

meebo1
5th December 2008, 05:50 PM
I crochet, knit, had a go at tatting, though that needs more practice, and make bobbin lace. I also sew - toys are my favourites. and all in front of the TV. Stops me from nibbling :D

zapit65
6th December 2008, 06:10 AM
I love to crochet and I also knit. I just recently decided to try thread crochet by starting on something small like snowflake ornaments. Always did like those when I saw ladies selling them at craft shows. I got one made and I'm working on a second. It's a bit tough for me but I got a magnifing gadget that hangs around my neck. Helps alot. Now I think I need something to put over my finger to protect it as I have a tendency to poke it alot with the hook. Think I still prefer bigger yarn but I'm determined to learn this thread crochet too. I like to challenge myself.

wyocowgirl1
7th December 2008, 12:14 AM
Tatting - now there's a lost art, almost. My mother used to sit and Tat and the shuttle just flew. All I ever got was a big knot, but she edged several hankies with tatted lace.

meebo1
7th December 2008, 06:10 AM
Well, I can't say the shuttle flies when I am tatting, but I can do the basics slowly.

lejoueurdepipeau
8th December 2008, 07:56 PM
Never did really master the art of crochet. My Gran was an expert - I have a lovely table topper she made with a beautiful rose design. She taught me how to do "Granny Squares" ( maybe that is appropriate) but I didn't progress much further! My knitting is of a higher standard!

WorleGirl
9th December 2008, 04:02 PM
Never learnt to crochet. Just about learnt to knit when younger - still got a 10ft multi-coloured scarf varying in widths that needs casting off!!:D {oh, I don't even know whether that's the right term but you know what I mean!!)

I'll stick to papercrafting.....

CrowlasCrafts
10th December 2008, 12:41 AM
Never learnt to crochet. Just about learnt to knit when younger - still got a 10ft multi-coloured scarf varying in widths that needs casting off!!:D {oh, I don't even know whether that's the right term but you know what I mean!!)

I'll stick to papercrafting.....

Lol!

I think we all have one of those scarfs from school days - never knew when to stop so you had a competition with your friends to see who could make the longest! :eek::rolleyes:

WorleGirl
10th December 2008, 11:06 AM
Lol!

I think we all have one of those scarfs from school days - never knew when to stop so you had a competition with your friends to see who could make the longest! :eek::rolleyes:

Did you win?