PDA

View Full Version : Promo DVDs

Bookshed
6th November 2008, 08:36 AM
I have a handful of promo DVDs given away free by The Sunday Times

Am I allowed to list them on here or is it rather frowned on or forbidden (haven't looked at the listing guidelines, thought it would be quicker to ask on here)

Or would it be better to just take them down to my local charity shop

Thanks in advance

bykimbo
6th November 2008, 10:12 AM
I don't know what the rules are, but I've bought an audio book CD on here that was from a paper originally. :D

Armstrongs
6th November 2008, 10:16 AM
I have a handful of promo DVDs given away free by The Sunday Times

Am I allowed to list them on here or is it rather frowned on or forbidden (haven't looked at the listing guidelines, thought it would be quicker to ask on here)

Or would it be better to just take them down to my local charity shop

Thanks in advance

I'll be listing about 50 more of them (were donated yesterday) in one of my charity stores :D

Yv x

Bookshed
6th November 2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks guys

I'll stick them on for not very much and with very clear listing info to say where they are from so no one gets misled

A couple are childrens ones and parents may be after them to complete a set

:D

astral276
6th November 2008, 10:37 AM
They are sold on here and I am not aware of any specific rule against doing so.

They are usually marked as 'Not for Resale'. If that statement has any legal standing (I have no idea if it has) then technically the rule that the 'selling of an item is legal in the eyes of the law' could come into play.

As long as you clearly identify the source of the item and state that it was originally given away free then I don't see it as a problem.

Bookshed
6th November 2008, 11:52 AM
Thanks Astral:D

Have listed them and said in the listing they were free with The Sunday Times
:D

RATLINTOEZ
6th November 2008, 02:40 PM
I've bought them here on ebid
& enjoyed the ones i bought.
I can't imagine why they would
not be allowed to be sold on ebid?
Cd's are sold on, and don';t they have some sort
of copyright control which bans follow on sales?

Ratlin.

BAGHAG999
6th November 2008, 03:51 PM
Be nice if there was a separate catagory for them be like a club buy them watch them then relist them.

Huddylion
9th November 2008, 11:39 AM
I sell all mine and buy some for myself as well :)

raindropsies
9th November 2008, 07:16 PM
I cannot see an issue with them as I have had a NPB with some so I contacted admin and they didn't indicate that these type of items were not allowed.

I currently have 160+ of them up for sale in my charity shop.

raindropsies
9th November 2008, 07:21 PM
They are sold on here and I am not aware of any specific rule against doing so.

They are usually marked as 'Not for Resale'. If that statement has any legal standing (I have no idea if it has) then technically the rule that the 'selling of an item is legal in the eyes of the law' could come into play.

As long as you clearly identify the source of the item and state that it was originally given away free then I don't see it as a problem.

That is exactly what I do, This is the wording I use. (taken direct from listings)

This DVD is a newspaper promotions DVD, they are listed as used, but they are completely playable and no signs of scratchs etc.

or

This CD is a newspaper promotions CD, they are listed as used, but they are completely playable and no signs of scratchs etc.

I also state in 99% of auction titles the newspaper that this came from, like this

The Mail on Sunday Genesis 12 Track CD

bykimbo
9th November 2008, 07:26 PM
It probably doesn't matter at all, but in case it bothers you I thought I'd mention that you've got a typo there, the word is "scratches".

I will, of course, have a typong or spooling mistake in this post, in accordance with Internet laws. :D

raindropsies
9th November 2008, 07:29 PM
It probably doesn't matter at all, but in case it bothers you I thought I'd mention that you've got a typo there, the word is "scratches".

I will, of course, have a typong or spooling mistake in this post, in accordance with Internet laws. :D

Yes I know its on 100+ of of them and I am spell checking them when they come up for re-post. I just wish I had spell checked on first listing:)

bykimbo
9th November 2008, 08:20 PM
Yes I know its on 100+ of of them and I am spell checking them when they come up for re-post. I just wish I had spell checked on first listing:)

Ouch!
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2031/worktd8.gif

BAGHAG999
9th November 2008, 08:42 PM
The spelling police catch up with us all in the end.