PDA

View Full Version : listings removed about 4 times??

sunnydxcc2004
18th January 2012, 08:41 AM
Hi everyone, im new to ebid but not to the auction game, I used to sell on ebay but the fees really are a joke, so i've joined ebid to see what it has to offer. I have a supplier in California who provides me with my products, mainly electronics such as Dr Dre Beats, Sony PSPs and others. I direct buy from him and he drophsips them out for me. I signed up as a seller+ yesterday and paid, i listed my HTML auctions about 4 times but they keep vanishing without me even knowing.

Any advice, I have no idea whats going on, I have submitted a support ticket but have had no replies.

Thanks in advance

Sunny

bykimbo
18th January 2012, 08:49 AM
Hi everyone, im new to ebid but not to the auction game, I used to sell on ebay but the fees really are a joke, so i've joined ebid to see what it has to offer. I have a supplier in California who provides me with my products, mainly electronics such as Dr Dre Beats, Sony PSPs and others. I direct buy from him and he drophsips them out for me. I signed up as a seller+ yesterday and paid, i listed my HTML auctions about 4 times but they keep vanishing without me even knowing.

Any advice, I have no idea whats going on, I have submitted a support ticket but have had no replies.

Thanks in advance

Sunny

It probably means your listings are breaking the rules in some fundamental way. The terms to warn that "illegal" listings will be removed without warning. Take a look at the rules on the help pages (link top right) and see if you could be breaking something inadvertently. Likely problems are contact information displayed, links offsite to selling sites, duplicate listings (though I'd expect *one* to survive in that case).

HerMajesty
18th January 2012, 09:04 AM
For one, you can't have a web address in your store logo................

astral276
18th January 2012, 10:14 AM
There may also be an issue selling Dr Beats. There was a recent thread that indicated that the manufactures were highly litigious about anyone but authorised outlets selling their products. See: https://www.ebid.net/forums/showthread.php?152697-Listings-removed-for-copyright-violation-all-I-did-is-use-the-name-of-the-product!!

suesjools
18th January 2012, 11:51 AM
Agree with Mel, some designer brands are touchy about this issue. Check also the forbidden items list, (guns, knives, etc.) in the Help section to make sure you're not inadvertently breaking any listing rules.

You should hear back from support shortly. In the meantime, you may want to list some non-branded items, you shouldn't have problems there.

Good luck and best wishes for many sales to all,

HerMajesty
18th January 2012, 12:08 PM
sunny - while you are waiting to hear from support, you could go ahead and fix your store banner. Take off the reference to the off-eBid website.

There's a helpful list of do's and don'ts if you click the help button at the top of any page, then look in the left column for FAQ's and videos. There is one on listing and selling..........very clear and good info. good luck.

sunnydxcc2004
18th January 2012, 02:36 PM
Cheers guys, thank you for all the suggestions.

When I get home from work I will remove the .co.uk from the banner. But I strongly think that reselling something that I own is my prerogative, and the manufactures have no right to tell me I cannot sell something I have purchased. It’s my right to sell the items.

In any case, I’ll look into this and take on board everything you’ve said.

Nice 1!

Bidden
16th January 2020, 07:55 PM
Hello,
I have a question please...

Tropical_Trish
16th January 2020, 08:52 PM
Hello,
I have a question please...

Please tell us what it is and I'm sure someone will come along and help you out!