PDA

View Full Version : Formatting in word - question...

darklisruthven
25th June 2012, 03:38 PM
I am working on the formatting of my draft thesis, and have one stumbling block.

Most of the document is in portrait mode, as required. However I have a table of findings which I need to drop in as landscape format due to portrait layout being impossible to use width-wise, in the middle of the document.

The whole thing needs to be submitted online for Uni red-pen treatment, as one document, and I cannot find a way to make just those two pages landscape while the rest stays portrait.

Is there a way to do this in Word - or OpenOffice? (or other freeware...?)

MelmacALF
25th June 2012, 03:55 PM
In word 2000 (but sameish on newer ones) -

goto page setup - paper size
select portrait/landscape & set "apply to" as "this section" or "this point forward" as needed

hope that helps

HerMajesty
25th June 2012, 04:38 PM
Right...just be sure to set it back to portrait.....and from this page forward .........when you are done with the landscape.

shezz
25th June 2012, 06:50 PM
In word 2007

Once you have finished what you need to put on the portrait page
Go to page layout (at the top)
Click on breaks once it opens in the ‘section break’ section click on next page
Cursor will now be flashing on the next page down
Now go to Orientation
Click on landscape,
You will see the page your on now turn to landscape with the page before it staying on Portrait.
When you have finished what you want in landscape repeat your actions as before only this time clicking it back onto portrait
pages should look like portrait, landscape, portrait

We have to submit a lot of Method Statements at work and I find this very helpful

darklisruthven
26th June 2012, 04:20 PM
ah smashing - I was sure I was missing something simple - thanks guys!