PDA

View Full Version : Advice please, on item described as NEW

corinneangela
8th July 2003, 01:40 PM
At the moment, I only want advice, as I am still trying to sort things out with the seller.

I have just received an item that was twice described as NEW, and coming in original box.

The seller did list some things included (which did arrive), BUT, the item did not arrive in the original box and the things needed to be able to use the item were not included :(

I have been out pricing the items that I need and so far, it has reached £80. The other item which I will have to get from the manufacturer, the guy in the shop said is about £90. I find that hard to believe (perhaps I misheard him), but even so, this doubles the price I paid here, and makes this item dearer than I would have paid in the shops :(

So far, the sellers response has been that they described it as 'new, not brand-new' and were the items listed included?

I feel that if an item is described as new, and in original box, you would get all the items that the manufacturer supply at the time of purchase.
If the item is not new, shouldn't it be described as 'like new' or 'used' or similar?

What do you think?

corinneangela
At the moment, I only want advice, as I am still trying to sort things out with the seller.

I have just received an item that was twice described as NEW, and coming in original box.

The seller did list some things included (which did arrive), BUT, the item did not arrive in the original box and the things needed to be able to use the item were not included :(

I have been out pricing the items that I need and so far, it has reached £80. The other item which I will have to get from the manufacturer, the guy in the shop said is about £90. I find that hard to believe (perhaps I misheard him), but even so, this doubles the price I paid here, and makes this item dearer than I would have paid in the shops :(

So far, the sellers response has been that they described it as 'new, not brand-new' and were the items listed included?

I feel that if an item is described as new, and in original box, you would get all the items that the manufacturer supply at the time of purchase.
If the item is not new, shouldn't it be described as 'like new' or 'used' or similar?

What do you think?

corinneangela

What do you think?

corinneangela

What do you think?

heelanladdie
8th July 2003, 01:53 PM
I agree with you.

If the item is not complete, I would expect the seller to say so and not rely on the weasel words e.g. I never said that it was complete.

The sellers need to think, "if I were the buyer, would I be happy with the way in which I have treated this buyer."
If the answer is negative, give youself a smack on the back of the head and resolve to make all your listings totally honest.

:shock:

heelanladdie
I agree with you.

If the item is not complete, I would expect the seller to say so and not rely on the weasel words e.g. I never said that it was complete.

The sellers need to think, "if I were the buyer, would I be happy with the way in which I have treated this buyer."
If the answer is negative, give youself a smack on the back of the head and resolve to make all your listings totally honest.

heelanladdie
I agree with you.

heelanladdie
I agree with you.

corinneangela
8th July 2003, 01:59 PM

That's what I feel.

The seller has offered to re-sell it for me (here), but I suppose I risk not getting what I paid for it and the p&p, which was hefty :(

Ah well, I think I may have to ask the seller to do that.....

corinneangela

That's what I feel.

The seller has offered to re-sell it for me (here), but I suppose I risk not getting what I paid for it and the p&p, which was hefty :(

corinneangela

That's what I feel.

corinneangela

That's what I feel.

2steps
8th July 2003, 04:36 PM
Complete agree with you corinneangela

If items were missing it should of said so in the listing.

2steps

2steps

2steps

2steps
8th July 2003, 04:38 PM
surely it counts as an inaccruate description? As it didn't state the item was incomplete you would assume it was, wouldn't you?

maybe you should cntact garry and mark about it first

2steps
surely it counts as an inaccruate description? As it didn't state the item was incomplete you would assume it was, wouldn't you?

2steps

2steps

corinneangela
8th July 2003, 04:44 PM
I think I am going to have to settle for them selling it again :(
Thing is that they did say what was included - they just didn't say what wasn't included :(
Not good selling tactics, but I don't think they will do anything more.

corinneangela
Thing is that they did say what was included - they just didn't say what wasn't included :(

corinneangela

corinneangela