PDA

View Full Version : New Buyer Paid by PPPay no verification of payment

shishton
25th March 2005, 01:46 AM
Hi Guys
Just purchased an item through ebid. Email sent from seller with a link to pay through PPPay. Not having an account signed up going through their procedure. Contacted seller due to not receiving any confirmation of payment sent. Checked my new PPPay account their seems to be no transaction taken at all.
Am I waiting for some sort of verification?
Both buyer (Me) and seller are totally confused.
Is this a normal procedure?
Should I have received some sort of verification email that the money was sent. (As both parties have received nothink)
I have a PayPal Account and Nochex account never had all this confusion before.

mummyandjamie
25th March 2005, 04:05 PM
Hi have you verified your credit/debit card? pppay take a small amount from your card (not normally more than £2). You need to check your bank statement and enter the exact amount debited on your pppay screen. Hope this helps.
Lou xx

shishton
28th March 2005, 06:44 PM
Hi have you verified your credit/debit card? pppay take a small amount from your card (not normally more than £2). Hope this helps.
Lou xx
Hi on original transaction there was an additional charge. (Which I thought was joining fee). There is no record on my account for this transaction. (Pending or statement) which I would assume there should be?
I then decided to upgrade account to Silver which does show as pending. I have not seen any debits on my account as yet. (This seems very slow)

I’m sure the upgrade verification check to silver transaction will go through.
I ‘m totally confused as to why my account is not showing any form of pending transaction. (For my purchase)

Has anyone had bad experience as to why PPPay.com seems to take such a long time for verification checks?
Do you sellers have to wait long periods of time to receive your money?
I buy and often sell on eBay and use PayPal and get paid instantly. However I do loose 4% if someone pays by credit card. (PPPay.com is considerably cheaper, but unverified newbie’s seems like a nightmare)
Mark

shishton
29th March 2005, 10:09 PM
Hi on original transaction there was an additional charge. (Which I thought was joining fee). There is no record on my account for this transaction. (Pending or statement) which I would assume there should be?
I then decided to upgrade account to Silver which does show as pending. I have not seen any debits on my account as yet. (This seems very slow)

I’m sure the upgrade verification check to silver transaction will go through.
I ‘m totally confused as to why my account is not showing any form of pending transaction. (For my purchase)

Has anyone had bad experience as to why PPPay.com seems to take such a long time for verification checks?
I buy and often sell on eBay and use PayPal and get paid instantly. However I do loose 4% if someone pays by credit card. (PPPay.com is considerably cheaper, but unverified newbie’s seems like a nightmare)
Mark
I have just verified my PPPay account and now been accepted as a silver member.
Yet my original transaction to seller has still not been paid or showing in my account.

I now have to pay by cheque, as marked item as already paid.
Mark

mypleasureisland
29th March 2005, 10:23 PM
Mark

yes, dreadful isn't it. I positively shy away from it thesedays as if someone is not already verified you will be very lucky to get your payment even if you keep emailing the customer asking them to complete the check. Seems the money just sits in limbo. Paypal is more expensive but it does work. Try Nochex, seems OK to me. May make it my favoured payment method in future.

Jean

shishton
1st April 2005, 12:52 PM
I decided to give it another go.
Tried to purchase another item the sellers account is on hold. I'm assuming this seller has not been verified and has a bronze account. (Needs Silver i beleive)
This is starting to become a joke, yet I might end up paying for these items twice due to finding other means to pay.