PDA

View Full Version : If someone's rude to you...

daj198
22nd May 2005, 09:49 AM
Hi,
I changed my mind about buying an item here on eBid. When I told the seller they sent me a very offensive and rude E-mail.

Is there anything I can do about this? Report them?

paladinz2k
22nd May 2005, 11:28 AM
daj, this is an auction site, so its a very simple idea.

DONT BID ON AN ITEM YOU DONT WANT

When you bid you are agreeing to pay for the item if you win the auction, its a legally binding contract.

By "deciding not to buy" you have caused the seller to lose a sale, as the item has to be relisted in a new auction, it cant be offered to the next highest bidder.

Having said that, there is no exscuse for offensive language from ither party, buyer or seller. But a few non paying bidders or people changing their minds like you is liable to raise the sellers blood pressure.

As for reporting them, dont be silly, what are you planning? Having them arrested for an offensive email?

Put it down to experience and dont deal with that seller again, somehow i suspect they WONT lose any sleep missing you as a customer :)

mypleasureisland
22nd May 2005, 04:05 PM
Hi,
I changed my mind about buying an item here on eBid. When I told the seller they sent me a very offensive and rude E-mail.

Is there anything I can do about this? Report them?

Paladin is spot on with those comments. There is never any excuse for becoming abusive so feel free to report them if you think it will make you feel better. However you have caused the seller more inconvenience than you think you have and have requested to break a contract that you freely entered into.

regards

jean

daj198
22nd May 2005, 05:24 PM
Thanks! It was a buy it now and the seller didn't sell any others anyway. :)