PDA

View Full Version : any bidders?

trog27
14th October 2005, 07:47 PM
i have just recently joined ebid and posted some auctions on the site. is it just me , or is there a distinct lack of bidders?
i have just gone through quite a lot of different catagories and i can`t see any one bidding on anything.

cutpricegoodies
15th October 2005, 06:51 PM
I can't find any of your items, are you listing to only show in the US?

Most people list their items with the buy it now price almost the same as the bidding price, so most sales are buy it now.

trog27
15th October 2005, 07:48 PM
i have some under wholesale and large lots general. i didn`t just mean that no-one had bid on my items. i meant that no matter which category i looked under - no-one was bidding at all. i can`t understand why?

ivorsmallholding
17th October 2005, 06:26 AM
I've been on here for 2 years. You rarely get bidders on here. It's just abou tall buyit now, if you're lucky.

altogethernow123
17th October 2005, 09:50 AM
i have some under wholesale and large lots general. i didn`t just mean that no-one had bid on my items. i meant that no matter which category i looked under - no-one was bidding at all. i can`t understand why?

http://uk.ebid.tv/busy.php :)

rainbowcraft
18th October 2005, 04:53 AM
Well, don't look at my ID (rainbowcraft), nor sexywolfy, slinkyri, gazlannathai, dulwich-herbs IDs if you don't want to see feedback from eBid sales... ;)

There ARE bidders out there, you just have to approach eBid slightly differently to *other* auction sites....

rainbowcraft
18th October 2005, 04:54 AM
http://uk.ebid.tv/busy.php :)

Good link there ;)

babyblues31
21st October 2005, 04:17 PM
I can't find any of your items, are you listing to only show in the US?

Most people list their items with the buy it now price almost the same as the bidding price, so most sales are buy it now.
hi im new today my names (clare) babyblues31 i have bid on something won it about half hour ago and its gone, i have no emails saying what to do, and its not in any of my things myebid
can you help as im worried, plus with this payment thing, if someone brought something from me useing pppay or escrow how do i collect it
sorry to be a pain
cheers
clarex

HannaHolly
21st October 2005, 08:42 PM
hi im new today my names (clare) babyblues31 i have bid on something won it about half hour ago and its gone, i have no emails saying what to do, and its not in any of my things myebid
can you help as im worried, plus with this payment thing, if someone brought something from me useing pppay or escrow how do i collect it
sorry to be a pain
cheers
clarex

Hi Clarex. You may get more replies if you start a new thread rather than asking a question on this one. For the auction you won- you will receive an email within an hour of the auction finishing, which will include contact details for your seller. For your other question- yopu'd be better asking again in a new thread on either the auction payments, or the escrow messageboards

fatgreek1
31st October 2005, 12:18 PM
i have just recently joined ebid and posted some auctions on the site. is it just me , or is there a distinct lack of bidders?
i have just gone through quite a lot of different catagories and i can`t see any one bidding on anything.

I too recently joined eBid (about a month) In this time i have managed to purchase quite a few items without any problems.

I would have purchased more if it hadn't been for the timewasting sellers that seem to run the show. I think it is this problem that is putting off genuine buyers form joining eBid but while eBid themselves seem not to want to do anything about this problem what can anyone do?

diorella24
31st October 2005, 11:03 PM
Usually I take max 30 mins to reply after listings end, I'm always hanging around for last minute questions and to see what sells for what. Frustration is time it takes for confirmation mails & sold items to appear in the 'posted successfully' bit of myebid.

What do you suggest ebid can do about sellers who just can't be arsed to deal with their sales? Maybe they could do the same to buyers who just can't be arsed with their purchases lol

fatgreek1
1st November 2005, 10:39 AM
What do you suggest ebid can do about sellers who just can't be arsed to deal with their sales? Maybe they could do the same to buyers who just can't be arsed with their purchases lol

I don't have that problem as i only buy stuff but it sounds like a good idea lol

diorella24
1st November 2005, 02:46 PM
Ah, and then there was a moment of clarity..

If on feebay buyers get 3 strikes then they're Naru'd for NPB'ing, I'm presuming there's something similar here.. So.. just turn it around on the sellers. 3 NSS (Non-Selling-Seller) reports and you get a month's suspension. Don't contact your buyer(s) within X-days and you can get reported.

Okay, I'm a newb and someone probably said that before.. or maybe it actually already exists.. but hey.. sorry, I've forgotten the original topic of this thread, I'm just enjoying making up some internet auction slang. Any suggestions better than "NSS" are welcome, sounds like an american government agency.

startthebiddinglow
1st November 2005, 03:19 PM
Don't contact your buyer(s) within X-days and you can get reported.
Except I sometimes have e-mails bounced back to me because the buyers' inboxes are full or don't seem to exist.

diorella24
1st November 2005, 05:41 PM
So in that case, you forward the original mail and 'message bounced' mail to support and they "don't count it"?

startthebiddinglow
1st November 2005, 08:22 PM
So in that case, you forward the original mail and 'message bounced' mail to support and they "don't count it"?
I dare say admin are busy enough; I know I certainly am.

A nice idea but I suspect a load of hassle in practice.

diorella24
1st November 2005, 10:05 PM
Busy enough to reply :-P

I've not been 'new' anywhere online for about 8 yrs, I've forgotten how it sucks.. but still, nowt wrong with floating some thoughts about ;-)

fatgreek1
2nd November 2005, 01:00 AM
Ah, and then there was a moment of clarity..

If on feebay buyers get 3 strikes then they're Naru'd for NPB'ing, I'm presuming there's something similar here.. So.. just turn it around on the sellers. 3 NSS (Non-Selling-Seller) reports and you get a month's suspension. Don't contact your buyer(s) within X-days and you can get reported.

Okay, I'm a newb and someone probably said that before.. or maybe it actually already exists.. but hey.. sorry, I've forgotten the original topic of this thread, I'm just enjoying making up some internet auction slang. Any suggestions better than "NSS" are welcome, sounds like an american government agency.

You must be from another planet surely! Such sense! Such perception and such innovative ideas!!! how can this be from a mere mortal? Your brain must be the size of of OF something really big.

All hail diorella24

They'll never go for it though coz they've got the dreaded strikethrough. (No matter how big ya brain is)

diorella24
2nd November 2005, 01:09 AM
Finally, I knew one day I'd get the recognisation I deserve.

Now I've had my species and planet of origin questioned, in one week.. on a roll

startthebiddinglow
2nd November 2005, 08:25 PM
... but still, nowt wrong with floating some thoughts about ;-)
Hey, ebidders are in this together.

fatgreek1
3rd November 2005, 12:58 AM
Hey, ebidders are in this together.

Surely you can't mean buyers and sellers joining forces to meet the enemy head on?

bad sellers and bad buyers herded like cattle into a small area somewhere well away from the genuine folk who wish only to deal in peace?

My eyes are misting over can such a place ever exist? Can the dream really become reality?

Yeah right