My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: eBid Marketing Challenge!!

It's not very clear when G&M intend to implement the withdrawal of adwords - but I suspect that it probably won't be till they decide on the idea that they like the best. G&M - are you out there? Could we have some clarification as to when the idea will be chosen or if you even like any of the ideas at all? Thanks

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hope they are taking the ideas away to discuss with the PR company they are now working with. I never saw this thread as a 'competition' where one idea would gain £2000 of support, i saw it as an ideas pool !

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    I hope they are taking the ideas away to discuss with the PR company they are now working with. I never saw this thread as a 'competition' where one idea would gain £2000 of support, i saw it as an ideas pool !
    I have taken it the same way as you. I think a fair few of our ideas can be done at very little cost, so I would hope that they can find a way of implementing as many of the ideas as possible.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Would any of the ideas discussed here be better than adwords? Leaving aside the RSS feed issue I have my doubts. My vote, if we were voting, would be to leave things as they are.

One of the ideas which we had which doesn't cost anything, was to run £1 no reserve auctions. A few of us are setting up some auctions with 1NR in the title. I wanted to get this in during the Christmas sales, so didn't want to wait any longer in case we missed the boat! I'm getting a banner made and am going to try and get links to the auctions to see if there are any bargain hunters out there. Anyone else wanting to join in, just make sure it is £1 (or $1, 1 Euro etc) start with no reserve. You can also put a 'buy it now' option as it could then get picked up by google base. Ideally I would have wanted this as a big promotion with homepage coverage on eBid, but I'd rather do it on a smaller scale than not at all.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Everyone,

As i mentioned in post #75 we are looking for an opportunity to get a better return on our advertising budget than we currently are by advertising with Google, Yahoo, MS Live Search and the other online methods we use. We have trialed many different forms of advertising online and offline that lie within our budget and have found our current methods to be the best value for money in terms of cost per acquisition.

We see quite a few eBidders mention they would like to see us advertise more so we thought we'd create a chance for our users to get together and come up with a plan on how best to spend the budget. We're open to any ideas at all and sometimes the cheapest and most creative are the best and give a huge return for little spend. We will channel £2000 from a months advertising budget into the plan that is agreed on in the end by you all. Hopefully it will be a success and will allow us to channel a regular portion of our budget away from where it is currently being spent.

Ideally we'll be given the plan and estimated costs and then we will give the go ahead and then wait for the invoices and the new users!!

Thanks,
    Gazza
    Last edited by gazza; 7th November 2007 at 11:51 PM.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Hi Everyone,

We will channel £2000 from a months advertising budget into the plan that is agreed on in the end by you all.

Thanks,
    Gazza
    Hi Gazza,
    I don't know how that would work as all the people who have posted on this thread have many different and sometimes, opposing ideas. I don't know how we would come to an agreement or a consensus as to which idea(s) would be the best to implement unless the ideas are summarized and put to a poll or a vote. Plus - only a few Ebidders have contributed to this thread so far. I'm sure there are many more great ideas still floating around.

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

Gazza perhaps you, Mark and the team could select the ideas you like best and these will go forward for a vote.

Ideally each idea would have a sponsor who will take it forward if it wins - for example
    Idea 1. RSS feed- Sponsored by HelenandGrahame
    Idea 2. Youtube viral ad - Sponsored by Toycrazyuk
    Idea 3. Money off codes and vouchers - sponsored by xxx
    Idea 4. ............
    Idea 5 ...................

As some ideas will be cheaper than others there could be more than one winning idea. So a vote which allows us to vote for more than one option would be useful.

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCrazyUK View Post
    Thinking about Christmas Parties, just reminded me about 'The Armstrongs' - UFit Double glazing when he was pouring beer in the water cooler so he could dispense it! How about a fly-on-the-wall documentary following Gazza and Mark??? Apparently the Armstrongs were run off their feet with double glazing orders after their series was on! or.....................get them to apply for Big Brother .

Viral videos are very popular - can anyone make a 'spoof' fly-on-the-wall video of 'Gazza' and 'Mark'? If we make a hit viral, it gets seen in loads of places.
    Expanding on Toycrazys vital video idea. How about a competition for the best ebid promotional ad?
    here could be some set criteria - e.g
    Must be between 1minute and 2 minutes long
    must be about promoting ebid - not an individuals store
    The ad title must include the word ebid,
    Thead not breach someone elses copywrite
    keywords to include all ebid urls
    The ad should be family friendly
    The winning video could feature on ebid front page for 7 days

The 'winner' would be the video which gets the most views by a certain date.
    I propose there is a cash prize of £200 (10% of the advertising budget) for the winner, and that every one who submits a video which meets the criteria gets an ebid promotional pack ( e.g some ebid goodies)- estimated cost of prizes £100. Total spend £300.

Edited to put in a link to an ebid 'group' on youtube where all promotional listings could be linked under one place. Please join.

http://www.youtube.com/group/EBID

Thread Information