Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 102 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1352

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Hi Lleigh,

to eBid, I hope your buying and selling goes well.

Have any questions; just ask here on the forums, you are sure to get an answer, as everyone is so friendly
    My CD and DVD listings. Mobile and mp3 accessories
    http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

*waves to leigh*

Helloooooooo and welcome to eBid and good luck with your auctions !

e

hi
    welcome its a realy nice place here i to came from fleebay.

I know feeBay shot itself in the foot a long time ago, but having paid my first visit to ebid in about 4 months today, as of this moment, the only area of the site which is currently working is the forum.

None of the auction pages are working, the search facility's down, and I can't log in to my account.

People keep trumpeting ebid as a feebay rival, but I see nothing's changed in terms of the site actually working.

Bit of a laughing stock all round really.

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Firstly have you told your customers that you have moved here, also I see that you are still on a zero feedback perhaps buying a few things to kickstart your feedback might make you look more attractive to buyers. You only have 2 listings so not great exposure, I suggest listing for 10 days with 10 auto relists, that way you will get included in the Google lists.
    Hi Ken,
    I'm sure that I read somewhere that it has to be 11 days before Google picks it up.

Angry I am really anoyed with Ebay/Feebay's latest plot

After taking a sale of a Christmas light on Ebay, last Friday, I sent the winning buyer an invoice and recieved an email as usual to post the light to the customer. For some reason I actually checked my Paypal account only to find a message stating: Please post the item, your money has been held until a you recieve positive feedback and then I will get the money 48hrs later or if they dont leave any feedback 21 days later or if there are problems they will refund the customer and I will then have no light or money for it. I phoned paypal and they said Ebay has a new policy for anyone without 100 feedback and all goods classed as now high risk goods, dvds cds jewlery and electrical goods this now applies to. When I have sales though the web site this does not happen I get my monet straight away. 8 Emails later Ebay think it is totally acceptable for me a cottage business, selling in a few seasonal months to send out goods and wait up to 21 days to get paid. Apparantly the buyer knows nothing about this as paypal have their money straight away and then all Ebay sales get the money frozen. In the end I lost the sale and had to refund the customer, great for my reputation, and Ebay still took the £11.50 selling fee, that they now say is my fault for not carrying out the sale and waiting for the money. But they did not notify me of this new ruling, and I have explained that I have 59 feedback and have never recieved money without sending the goods or any problems with ebay sales in the last 2 years. Talk about cat and mouse. They havent even told the general public about this either so it looks like the seller is dodgy because the buyer knows they have paid so why wont the seller send the goods out! Another thing it protects the buyer but what about the seller, last year I had at least 8 customers say they had not recieved their lights, when I checked the parcel force signiatures for them thay had signed themselves, they laughed and said they had found them? This is why I am now trading on Ebid. Lynne
    Last edited by snowscene20062008; 14th October 2008 at 12:15 PM.

tatty - at least we know why, and the forum is working!

It's the sudden influx of thousands of miffed fee-bayers that's causing it, with thousands of listings, needeing all kinds of extras.

Why not come back in another 4 months to check again? LOL
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

((((Snow)))) That is dreadful!!!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Newbie
    View BILLYBOWWOW's Feedback (+5)
    All-About BILLYBOWWOW
    View BILLYBOWWOW's Listings
    Forum Posts

Snow, that is not just awful, it's crazy. It's like they are trying to get rid of all new ebay sellers. Hmmmm.... perhaps they are.

On the subject of this site, I have been on for a couple of months as a seller, and am slowly building up my listed stock of secondhand books. I haven't had a single sale yet. Time will tell, but I double up with Amazon, and hope that ebid will eventually take off. We need some national advertising, though.....

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Firstly have you told your customers that you have moved here, also I see that you are still on a zero feedback perhaps buying a few things to kickstart your feedback might make you look more attractive to buyers. You only have 2 listings so not great exposure, I suggest listing for 10 days with 10 auto relists, that way you will get included in the Google lists.
    Yes we have told the regulars that we have moved.

I will purchase a few items when I get some money to do so. eBay's stupidity has put a real hole in our budget and I noticed there are no penny items that can be electronically delivered on Ebid. (e-Books, computer wallpaper, etc) These are actually against the rules. I was looking at some greeting cards. If I purchase several from the same vendor will this add to my score? Or just count once?

Having only two listings has to do with my husband's reservations. We are trying out a few different auction sites at the moment. Have pulled everything from eBay since the feedback fiasco. (More than one customer received a perfectly good bike but requested partial refund or we get bad feedback) We are a bit spread out at the moment. If we can get that first sale I can convince him to move everything into the shop here.

Now about getting in Google search... On eBay my things usually show up in a few hours in Google search regardless of how I listed them. What can we do to change this so we get more hits? I have some Google ad-words credit and am trying to work around their rules to bring folk into our store. Is it possible to pool our resources and get an ad-words account? Just a thought...
    Sandi

Check out our General Store

Hubby's Bike shop

Thread Information