Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 103 of 136 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1352

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Thanks and I agree Ebid needs some national advertising campaigns if everyone knew about it they would move from ebay i am sure

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

greycastle, please don't be offended if i misread your statement about showing up on Google. As i understand it, your listing must be FOR at least 10 or 11 days for Google to pick it up; it's not that Google waits 10 or 11 days before they pick up the listing. In other words, Google wants anything it fetches in a search to be available to potential buyers for at least 10 or 11 days after Google mentions it. OK, i know sometimes i am slow on the uptake and i am sorry if this was already obvious!

snow, i agree it's appalling for PP and eBoy to think they can hold YOUR money after a sale 21 days or until a buyer deigns and remembers to send feedback. That is asking a seller to be totally submissive, conquered and without self respect. THUMBS DOWN on that baloney.

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greycastleus View Post
    Yes we have told the regulars that we have moved.

I will purchase a few items when I get some money to do so. eBay's stupidity has put a real hole in our budget and I noticed there are no penny items that can be electronically delivered on Ebid. (e-Books, computer wallpaper, etc) These are actually against the rules. I was looking at some greeting cards. If I purchase several from the same vendor will this add to my score? Or just count once?

Having only two listings has to do with my husband's reservations. We are trying out a few different auction sites at the moment. Have pulled everything from eBay since the feedback fiasco. (More than one customer received a perfectly good bike but requested partial refund or we get bad feedback) We are a bit spread out at the moment. If we can get that first sale I can convince him to move everything into the shop here.

Now about getting in Google search... On eBay my things usually show up in a few hours in Google search regardless of how I listed them. What can we do to change this so we get more hits? I have some Google ad-words credit and am trying to work around their rules to bring folk into our store. Is it possible to pool our resources and get an ad-words account? Just a thought...

Hello greycastle

I'm happy to tell you that every single feedback counts on ebay ...... if the greetings cards you wish to buy are in separate auctions (even though it's the same Seller) you will receive separate feedback for each auction

Good here, innit ?

e

Ah no I did not understand... was under the impression it took 10 days for Google to pick it up from here. But this idea of an item being listed for at least 10 days was not required for Google to pick it up from eBay. I never listed an item for more than 7 days unless it was a store item which was for the month with auto renewal. They always showed up on Google search... Maybe we should approach the folks at Google and ask why?
    Sandi

Check out our General Store

Hubby's Bike shop

Quote Originally Posted by e_nviable View Post
    Hello greycastle

I'm happy to tell you that every single feedback counts on ebay ...... if the greetings cards you wish to buy are in separate auctions (even though it's the same Seller) you will receive separate feedback for each auction

Good here, innit ?

e
    Every one in my family will be receiving a Christmas Card this year
    Sandi

Hubby's Bike shop

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

Every one in my family will be receiving a Christmas Card this year

rofl

e

Default feebay i get the last laugh

I have been an ebay member for 8 years and recently opened a store on thier site i have been with ebid for a while too. Now with ebayslower listing fees they dont tell you youe final fees are almost doubled. Well I found a new way to use them to drive trafic to ebid. I use photobucket.com for all of my pictures at ebay what they dont know is they have a link attached right to the picture that if you click it it brinks you right to my ebid store so ha ha feebay its my turn.

<snip> I never listed an item for more than 7 days unless it was a store item which was for the month with auto renewal. They always showed up on Google search... </snip>
    You have a store at FleaBay. Auction listings are also seen in store, and vice versa- Your store has listings for 30 days or until sold, which lets google come in and find them , and also picks up your regular auctions as a matter of course..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Can't find my $.99 card lady Maybe she's not on the USA side?

I think I will make a store front for my son, then list a few photos in it. He is 12 and a fair photographer. He was selling computer wall paper on eBay to support his Boy Scout activities (using my account of course.) Guess we will have to print out the photos and mail them. Or would it be against the rules to offer download as an option? This will help other sellers boost their score and help him with Scout stuff.
    Sandi

Hubby's Bike shop

Quote Originally Posted by idealadultsales View Post
    You have a store at FleaBay. Auction listings are also seen in store, and vice versa- Your store has listings for 30 days or until sold, which lets google come in and find them , and also picks up your regular auctions as a matter of course..
    I also have a store here. So it should work the same way then?
    Sandi

Hubby's Bike shop

Thread Information