Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 104 of 136 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1352

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Forum Newbie
    Charleston , South Carolina, United States
    All-About exmom
    View exmom's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to agree with you on that one. E-bay is shooting it's self. I came here to see how this one works. If you all could give me some advice I would appreciate it. Hello to All. EXMOM

Hi to all the new refugees, welcome to eBid, OK to help you get started add a signature link to your posts so us nosey lot have an easy link to your items whilst reading the forums, read this thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959 then fill in some info on Your About Me Page so people know about you as a seller. Perhaps buy a few things to kickstart your feedback over here, always looks better than a zero, ( I have some nice cheap prints ) have a look at my listings to see how I dealt with the zero feedback problem when I started.

Then email all YOUR (not Greedbay's they are a venue, they keep telling us) customers, and tell them where you are, give them a link to your listings. Grab the records while you can and from paypal records as well. That should keep you busy for a bit, and shout if you need a hand. Additional body parts incur a small fee Oh and finally read the forums there is a lot of useful information on here.

These threads may help opening a store.

step by step with images for opening a store
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...postcount=2%20

Adding Categories
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...74&postcount=5
    and subcategories
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...77&postcount=6
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Question

Quote Originally Posted by greycastleus View Post
    I also have a store here. So it should work the same way then?
    Also, note that you have to have all listings with a fixed BIN price (Buy It Now) - google base will not include auction listings in search results - only fixed price items -

Secondly, I believe you have to submit your store and probably export your inventory to a csv file, modify it for google base and submit it, things which FeeBay used to do automatically, but Im not sure that Ebid does..

I actually thought I read somewhere that they(ebid) does.. It's actually fairly easy to export data and push it to google base, which probably should go on the "feature request" list as well, I suppose..

Also might explain why some items I had listed at FleaBay that never sold, finally did sell when I moved them to the store inventory listings - cause I never had buyout prices on my auctions, but had to set a fixed price for store inventory...
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Quote Originally Posted by idealadultsales View Post
    Also, note that you have to have all listings with a fixed BIN price (Buy It Now) - google base will not include auction listings in search results - only fixed price items -

Secondly, I believe you have to submit your store and probably export your inventory to a csv file, modify it for google base and submit it, things which FeeBay used to do automatically, but Im not sure that Ebid does..

I actually thought I read somewhere that they(ebid) does.. It's actually fairly easy to export data and push it to google base, which probably should go on the "feature request" list as well, I suppose..

Also might explain why some items I had listed at FleaBay that never sold, finally did sell when I moved them to the store inventory listings - cause I never had buyout prices on my auctions, but had to set a fixed price for store inventory...
    K first question. Will it be picked up if I have a bid or BIN listing?
    Seems I had to turn on auto export of csv file on FeeBay. Haven't found that option here yet.

If not how do I do that myself?
    Sandi

Check out our General Store

Hubby's Bike shop

Quote Originally Posted by greycastleus View Post
    Ah no I did not understand... was under the impression it took 10 days for Google to pick it up from here. But this idea of an item being listed for at least 10 days was not required for Google to pick it up from eBay. I never listed an item for more than 7 days unless it was a store item which was for the month with auto renewal. They always showed up on Google search... Maybe we should approach the folks at Google and ask why?
    I'm not sure about the ten day wait either. I was told (on another forum) that Google crawls the web constantly and it depends on when it gets to the site. I've had my listings here show up after two days, and another one that's been listed over a month is still at the top of page 1.

Also, I've never submitted anything to Google, I think the good rankings my stuff gets is because of something eBid does.

Forum Newbie
    View FloweredHat's Feedback (+3)
    All-About FloweredHat
    View FloweredHat's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Everyone

I am New also. From United States, Midwest. I have been thrilled about being here on ebid, I'm another Sore Looser from: Greedbay, (love that name) Anyway, I have a billion questions to those of you who have been here a while, Especially you all from UK because I am a big, big fan of that area and wish I lived there.

For now, I would like to know how come so many of us have low feedback or none. I have an idea but not sure would like to know what other think, know and feel. If I am a consumer looking for an item and see all these people with low or no feedback I would be reluctant to purchase. Have any of you ever planned or decided to buy and sell from each other just to get some feedback started? or is that considered taboo? For now I will shut up and let someone else talk, I am sure there are probably dozens of discussions on this already but this is my first time into the forum, I couldnt get logged in for some reason.

Thanks for listening to me and I really do like it here...

Forum Newbie
    All-About designersworld
    View designersworld's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Hi Im From Cleveland,Ohio

I am Also a former Ebay PowerSeller I Left Ebay,I haven't made any sales here and I depend on this as a pay check ! Poor Me Now !
    Quote Originally Posted by tonystoychest View Post
    I am also new here.
    Question I would like to know are there many members from the USA here.
    It looks like most of the members here are from the UK. Any USA members how are your sales here? I am trying this site out by listing some of my items, if this is successful I will close down my ebay store and list here

Forum Newbie
    View FloweredHat's Feedback (+3)
    All-About FloweredHat
    View FloweredHat's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello OHIO,

That is what I was just saying, I feel that people are reluctant to buy from us because of low feedback, and not aware of ebid's existance. I am going to search the forums and find out how to promote ebid to get peoples attention to us, I believe it is a much more pleasant experience shopping through ebid than greedbay ever was. I was with them for 10 years. And I was fed up the continuous cost increases, never answering questions, so many things.

But I wish us all lots and lots of luck to get ebid really going strong!!

P.S. Ok, ignore my earlier statement about buying from each other, I've been reading through the forums and see that many are discussing that. I think it is a great idea though.
    Last edited by FloweredHat; 15th October 2008 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Adding information

Yep- we've all been buying from each other in addition to regular sales. Ebid has exploded over the last few months, which is why SO many people have little or no feedback yet. As far as the US is concerned, Ebid is in its infancy- Much like when FeebleBay first started out (y'all remember now how long it took you to get some feedback, and get to where you are now..)

I dont think Ebid has seen any really *serious* power sellers yet, but they are making inroads into making posting items more efficient, and making listings more shopper-friendly. As for Google, yes it does crawl the web constantly (some of my regular websites are crawled as often as 3 times a week by both Google and Microsoft, and also by many other search engines) Getting links out there from more websites (those of you have myspace pages or blogs, or sales websites, or any other web presence, at the very least get your link to your auctions and stores on there...) Sign up for the affiliate program (2 bucks a signup aint bad at all!) and of course,, put little notes in EVERY package you ship (at least those that arent sold from Ebid) telling customers all about your move to Ebid, and how to find you.

It's a grass roots effort, in effect.. a marketing campaign by sellers to get more sellers (and buyers) all coming to Ebid instead of FeeBay - Ebid is already the #2 auction site worldwide, I know they absorbed another auction site(cant remember who) and gave a home to a lot of former Yahoo! Auctions sellers..

Imagine if you had been a seller on FeeBay way back in the very beginning when they had just started (I was, until my account got hacked, my new, and current account has been there since '00)

This site is on the way up.. while the other place is headed down..

If we can all work together to benefit *each other* we will ALL profit in the long run..
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Well said that man
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information