Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 107 of 136 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1352

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

I was doing a bit of re-listing on feebay yesterday, and noticed that about every third re-list had an extra penny added. This has been going on for ages now. They must make a fortune out of it.

Think about it. Say 10 thousand people listing each day with an extra penny per auction. That's 100 quid for nothing. Call it that on 10 countries sites. That's a thousand quid a day. Not a huge amount for such a big company but it's 'free', and adds up to over £30,000 a month. Not to be sniffed at!

Cheeky b*ggers.

Stix N String - providing 100% of your recommended daily yarn allowance

PROUD supporters of Ebid - no fees = more yarn for your money

Default eBid IS BEST FOR THE SMALL SELLER

Hi peeps,

I have only been with eBid since the beginning of September 2008. I have despatched 2 items sold, and have another 7 bids with 'reserve met', so there's 9 selling feedbacks so far, plus the 7 from buying. Then there is the charity auction buying and selling to take into consideration. So?

So? It feels better than when I started on the dark side, only to learn about fees, costs, charges, constant changes and price rises.

So? I closed my shop today on the dark side and now I will only list on their Auction, mostly on their German site, that only until eBid gets even better. I really think in the next year it will happen for eBid. Keep shooting and aim well, ....y. Maybe you will kill yourself.

I am so very pleased to be relieved of the burden of 'all the dark side nonsense'. On Jan 23 2009 they say sellers of big, old books that are not collectors items, that's me, must charge well under the actual postage price. Such nonsense!

I am having fun here, and selling. So peeps, just follow the advice in these forums, freely given and you will succeed.

All the best, Steven

PS. Whilst you are here, please take a look at the Charity Auction for the kids, and see if you are rich enough to make a bid on my friend, seen below. Just click on the link and see if you can afford him?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Press and check me out?

Default New to ebid aka searchforthehero on greedbay

Hi, having been suspended again for goodness only knows what reason, after 5 years and 4000 feedback i have absolutely had enough and really want to use and see ebid prosper. Is it me or does anyone else find the listing process very laborious . Or have i just been spoiled with turbo / auctiva? Please can some one advise as to what i am doing wrong ?
    I am just a hobby seller and sadly get a huge buzz from making a sale( my own little empire )
    i sell sports memorabilia and golf equipment alongside my own cosmetics/ clothes shoes & accessories and riding gear.if i ever get something listed please visit my diversity of goods and be sure of a friendly / fair auction
    lesley

It isnt just you. when I first came here and started listing, I found the process to be extermely inefficient and slow, but you just need to learn how the process actually works, because it is so different from turbo/auctiva (I use TL too at FleaBay.. ) learn how the listing process works here, then you can use the bulk uploader tool (and/or the generator tool at http://www.ebidinfo.com/lister/ ) - Use the lister there to set up a few auctions, download the text file, and save a copy to your desktop- if you have a spreadsheet program like Excel or use OpenOffice.org calc (OpenOffice is very good, and very free software - I use it myself) then you can do it all from your desktop- the only hang up is with images , however, a free photobucket account can solve that too - I have my editor (crimsoneditor.com) , a few tabs on my browser (or in case of I.E. 6, 2-3 windows open) , and my spreadsheet template open in one instance of Calc, and the downloaded example template from ebid, with all their categories, listing data, etc you need in there.. Then it's fairly efficient process to set up your own bulk upload listings (a lot more thinking and a lot less point-n-click than TL, but still works nicely)

its just a matter of switching between windows as you work, with practice you can easily be listing 200-300 auctions a day... nearly as fast as I can work with TL...
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

To be honest I've found the listing to be pretty easy without the need to use a bulk loader. I've made good use of the "My Defaults" facility and fairly fly through them. I use TL on the other side, but can't say I've ever been very impressed with it. Each to his own though I suppose

After I got a few items into our stores, and got used to the process, I found it very easy to just load items in directly. I find a similar listing, use the "list similar item" option. It's very much like using TurboLister templates, except I don't have to go through the process of uploading, it's already there. I have found it faster to load the pictures for up to 8 items into My Gallery first, then create the listings. Even if eBid offers an easy bulk uploader, I doubt if I'll use it.

Also found it is MUCH easier to make corrections. Everything on one page, just change, save, and scoot back to your store. Remember that nonsense second page on GreedBay? And how hard it was to get back to your store? Doesn't happen here.

Forum Lurker
    View cruellady's Feedback (+42)
    All-About cruellady
    View cruellady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alsoldbooks View Post
    Hi peeps,

I have only been with eBid since the beginning of September 2008. I have despatched 2 items sold, and have another 7 bids with 'reserve met', so there's 9 selling feedbacks so far, plus the 7 from buying. Then there is the charity auction buying and selling to take into consideration ...

I am having fun here, and selling. So peeps, just follow the advice in these forums, freely given and you will succeed.

All the best, Steven

PS. Whilst you are here, please take a look at the Charity Auction for the kids, and see if you are rich enough to make a bid on my friend, seen below. Just click on the link and see if you can afford him?

Great to have you with us Steven - a good, juicy collectable bookseller can only add weight and value to eBid

Quote Originally Posted by NEWYORK2005 View Post
    Hi, having been suspended again for goodness only knows what reason, after 5 years and 4000 feedback i have absolutely had enough and really want to use and see ebid prosper. Is it me or does anyone else find the listing process very laborious . Or have i just been spoiled with turbo / auctiva? Please can some one advise as to what i am doing wrong ?
    I am just a hobby seller and sadly get a huge buzz from making a sale( my own little empire )
    i sell sports memorabilia and golf equipment alongside my own cosmetics/ clothes shoes & accessories and riding gear.if i ever get something listed please visit my diversity of goods and be sure of a friendly / fair auction
    lesley
    Hey Lesley - there are many here who feel as you do, but it's worth taking half-an-hour to familiarise yourself with the help files, menus and info on the forums - this is a different site, and many features have been added (or removed) by taking note of mistakes made by other similar sites.

Bulk uploading is much cleaner, using a standard database file, rather than wibbly TL or the eccentric Spoonfeeder, and for odd items/small/hobby sellers, it's a snip to use the 'Sell a Similar Item' on the left menu, once you have about five items listed, as you can edit stuff like postage, auction format and text as you go along.

(btw, I can see your listings - luvverly stuff!)

Best of,
    Cru
    x
    Last edited by cruellady; 1st November 2008 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbharding View Post
    Ebay announced sweeping changes starting from February. They are reducing listin fees, but are forcing all Powersellers to register as business users.
    More concerning for the Seller is Ebay will not allow sellers to leave neagative feedback regardless.

Total uproar on the ebay forums. I reckon we will be seeing some new faces soon : )
    Hey there!
    I just moved over to this site a few days ago. I've been selling on eBay for 5 years, but they've finally shot ME in the foot, sheesh, the fees fees fees. I'm firmly convinced that eBay wants to get rid of all the smaller sellers (I do less than $4000 per month) and just keep the big-volume corporate guys who are able to buy truckloads of merchandise and flip it, since they are gearing ALL the promotions and free advertising and discounts to those big guys while the smaller sellers get whacked. And now they're HAMMERING all their sellers to offer free shipping -- if you don't, you get demoted in the search engine. I sell clothing at a markup of only a few dollars, otherwise, it doesn't sell, so I can't afford to eat $5-$9 in shipping for each order. Doesn't feeBay understand "narrow margins"?
    In addition, eBay is now dictating what type of payment sellers are allowed to take -- we're no longer allowed to accept checks or money orders. Whatever happened to eBay's motto "We're only a selling platform -- we don't get involved between seller and buyer"?
    I'm fed up!
    Thanks for the great site, whoever you are! Love all the features! Keep up the good work and let's all promote the heck out of this and make it the next big auction site!
    --Trish at Bid & Barter

Quote Originally Posted by bidandbarter View Post
    Hey there!
    I just moved over to this site a few days ago. I've been selling on eBay for 5 years, but they've finally shot ME in the foot, sheesh, the fees fees fees. I'm firmly convinced that eBay wants to get rid of all the smaller sellers (I do less than $4000 per month) and just keep the big-volume corporate guys who are able to buy truckloads of merchandise and flip it, since they are gearing ALL the promotions and free advertising and discounts to those big guys while the smaller sellers get whacked. And now they're HAMMERING all their sellers to offer free shipping -- if you don't, you get demoted in the search engine. I sell clothing at a markup of only a few dollars, otherwise, it doesn't sell, so I can't afford to eat $5-$9 in shipping for each order. Doesn't feeBay understand "narrow margins"?
    In addition, eBay is now dictating what type of payment sellers are allowed to take -- we're no longer allowed to accept checks or money orders. Whatever happened to eBay's motto "We're only a selling platform -- we don't get involved between seller and buyer"?
    I'm fed up!
    Thanks for the great site, whoever you are! Love all the features! Keep up the good work and let's all promote the heck out of this and make it the next big auction site!
    --Trish at Bid & Barter
    Hi Trish,

Welcome to eBid
    Take some time to browse around and get used to the way everything is. You'll be in good company here as lots of us do less than $4000 a month too

Thread Information