Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Forum Lurker
    View CNCJEWELRY's Feedback (+778)
    All-About CNCJEWELRY
    View CNCJEWELRY's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Welcom on Board, Good Luck

Welcome BidandBarter,

I was in the same boat. I started searching for another auction site awhile back and saw the $49 lifetime no fee deal and signed up.. I continued on with Greedbay to a few months when I started not to replace sold items and finally deleting the rest. I then set up two stores here. I had two stores at greedbay and a web site with greedbay through Pro stores and I shut it down have just about got my new site up. Over there with the discount for having a Egreed storm got a discount for the Pro store.
    Now I have a site up, not many items listed yet for I am working on the SEO portion which is slow for less than $12.00 a month. Problem is I have to do allot of the little things myself but don't mind.
    Things are slow here but picking up if the great sellers of the other place work hard here to get your customer to come with you. At the very last I dumped there selling manager pro two x two for turbo lister trying to save money. The pro did all the emails for me which saved allot of time. But what I was getting at I downloaded all my sold items to turbo and have all my contacts all the way back. Egreedbay also keeps them on file up to 90 days so you can download them to probably excel.
    I was sending out a few emails at a time via Microsoft word 2007 newsletter through Outlook 2007 utilizing bgc. with bgc you send multiple emails but not addresses to everyone.
    My new web site has a built in newsletter just develop newsletter, select which names or all and hit send.
    Be sure which we took for granted at Greedbay the all important packing slip Sales manager pro printed out. Sale items, special sales and etc. Make sure you put one in the package.
    I have learned here that reading the forums it is best to list auction for at least 10 days and add a buy it now. My items now are at the top of Google search each day.
    Again I say, I am new here also but read the forums daily and I have not seen anyone on the forums rude or anyone make a smart remark when us newbies ask the same question for 100th time. They all are very nice, polite and will answer the question without linking you to two or four other links.The posters get right down to the point about how those that are making it are trying to help us make it.
    Also do like you did at the other place, buy a few things and get rid of those black sun glasses by your feedback.
    Good Luck and Hope I did not write too much.
    God Bless,
    Billy & Brenda
    CNC Jewelry

Quote Originally Posted by CNCJEWELRY View Post
    Welcome BidandBarter,

I was in the same boat. I started searching for another auction site awhile back and saw the $49 lifetime no fee deal and signed up.. I continued on with Greedbay to a few months when I started not to replace sold items and finally deleting the rest. I then set up two stores here. I had two stores at greedbay and a web site with greedbay through Pro stores and I shut it down have just about got my new site up. Over there with the discount for having a Egreed storm got a discount for the Pro store.
    Now I have a site up, not many items listed yet for I am working on the SEO portion which is slow for less than $12.00 a month. Problem is I have to do allot of the little things myself but don't mind.
    Things are slow here but picking up if the great sellers of the other place work hard here to get your customer to come with you. At the very last I dumped there selling manager pro two x two for turbo lister trying to save money. The pro did all the emails for me which saved allot of time. But what I was getting at I downloaded all my sold items to turbo and have all my contacts all the way back. Egreedbay also keeps them on file up to 90 days so you can download them to probably excel.
    I was sending out a few emails at a time via Microsoft word 2007 newsletter through Outlook 2007 utilizing bgc. with bgc you send multiple emails but not addresses to everyone.
    My new web site has a built in newsletter just develop newsletter, select which names or all and hit send.
    Be sure which we took for granted at Greedbay the all important packing slip Sales manager pro printed out. Sale items, special sales and etc. Make sure you put one in the package.
    I have learned here that reading the forums it is best to list auction for at least 10 days and add a buy it now. My items now are at the top of Google search each day.
    Again I say, I am new here also but read the forums daily and I have not seen anyone on the forums rude or anyone make a smart remark when us newbies ask the same question for 100th time. They all are very nice, polite and will answer the question without linking you to two or four other links.The posters get right down to the point about how those that are making it are trying to help us make it.
    Also do like you did at the other place, buy a few things and get rid of those black sun glasses by your feedback.
    Good Luck and Hope I did not write too much.
    God Bless,
    Billy & Brenda
    CNC Jewelry
    Thank you so much -- I appreciate the warm welcome from everyone. I'm on a pretty sharp learning curve right now, so any little tips (such as "best to list for 10 days with a BIN") are GREATLY appreciated!
    I'm drafting a shipping insert to include with my eBay orders to promote eBid, so hopefully my loyal customers will follow me here.
    Lots to do -- open a store, figure out the bulk-lister, buy some things to get my feedback jumpstarted, etc. But I'm excited about this site! I'm telling all my fellow eBayers about it -- they're all ready to jump ship too. eBay is simply overstepping the boundaries these days.
    Thanks again -- looking forward to working with this great community!
    --Trish at Bid & Barter

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

I got off eBay the day before the new fees came into effect. Set up on here instead. Sales? Same on eBay, few and far between at the moment, but, at least I'm not having to pay out between £45-£55 per month in reoccurring fees. I say that amount as one month, my invoice could be £45, the next, it could be £50. SO with the new fee increases on listing fees etc, I would have been looking at monthly running costs increasing to £75-£95 per month with the same level of sale, few and far between.

Fact is, eBay was costing me a lot of money every month, when for 2 or 3 months I'd sell nothing at all, but still had to pay their fees. I had ti shut down. No other choice. That money that was going into eBay's pockets every month will now go towards banner advertising on related websites to the items I sell. Not point me paying monthly fees with no sales when I can be on eBid, sale nothing and have no fees!

Plus, eBay final value fees were wiping out my profit margins as it was, which are slim at best on the items I sell. So my shop is now closed on eBay, for good, and good riddance too. At least my profit goes in my pocket now to cover running costs and invest in new stock and do advertising I couldn't afford to do before.

That's the trouble with eBay though, sellers made the mistake of listing items, sitting back, expecting everything to sell straight away with no advertising. YOu need to do your own advertising. eBay's advertising doesn't benefit you when you have x amount of competitors selling the same items as you.

Nice that eBay took at least 70% of my profit. Nice that they didn't pay my running costs or buy me new stock with it as well. Nope, they used that money to strip me of government and regulator given rights for my industry. Now, I just need to do away with the need for PayPal. So I'm aiming towards setting up direct debit/credit card transactions with my bank.

Oh, and lets not forget the farce of sellers not being able to defend themselves against dishonest buyers and buyers that are in the wrong, pay late etc. No way was I going to sit their and tick the "postive" box to warn other sellers that such and such a person likes to buy things but not pay while they leave me negative! Goodbye eBay and HELLO to eBid, where you can list for free, or pay £1.00 to list or pay 2% FVF which works out cheaper than 99% of eBay FVF's!

And let's not forget, how great it is to not have reoccurring fees. I can breathe on here and make a profit to invest in my business..

Now, I wonder if I can sue eBay for the damage it done to my business and win back the money it has stolen from me? That would be nice..

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ebays latest stunt is the placing of adverts on your item pages.These can be links to your competitors pages!.
    You really couldn't make it up could you?
    Yet another nail in ebays corporate coffin but worryingly its probaly a nail in internet auctions generally.people seem to be turning away from ebay in vast numbers but also seem to be losing faith in auctions as a way to buy cheaply.I'm finding sales very slow on ebid and ebay is now no longer worth considering unless it's stuff that you are simply wanting to get rid of,but my own web site sales are up.
    Where I wonder,will it all end?

Need to get the word out that there is an alternative.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Ebays latest stunt is the placing of adverts on your item pages.These can be links to your competitors pages!.
    You really couldn't make it up could you?
    Yet another nail in ebays corporate coffin but worryingly its probaly a nail in internet auctions generally.people seem to be turning away from ebay in vast numbers but also seem to be losing faith in auctions as a way to buy cheaply.I'm finding sales very slow on ebid and ebay is now no longer worth considering unless it's stuff that you are simply wanting to get rid of,but my own web site sales are up.
    Where I wonder,will it all end?
    How long before ebay moves away from being a auction site completely to become a Classified Ads site.

Are those links ebay are adding to sellers pages the start of becoming an advertising site, search engine Kelkoo style search site.

IMO ebay plans of evolving to another type of site are nearing completion.

Wish they would just get it all done & dusted, leave the auction side to Ebid to pick up.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...igner-Auctions

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...ntage-clothing

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...e-Collectibles

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...tage-Bookstore

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...Vintage-Crafts

All I Can Say Is Jesus How Greedy Can They Be???

I too am new here I signed up the other day. I had a big shock I had a few months off feebay I did not know about the fees until I started listing I nearlly dropped dead. The insertion fees looked very nice I thought wow they have reduced it then I saw the final value fees OMG I worked it out to nearlly 10% plus the paypal fees and then they want us to give postage free. I dont know about you guys but the postage only just paid all the listing and final value fees that feebay and paypal charged before it all changed so basically most feebay members have given free postage for years. Its just greed gone stupid I always said feebay will hit its peak and then start to crumble. They need to get back to basics and remember why it was set up in the first place.

I am glad to be part of Ebid looks a great site easy to list in fact easier than feebay. Now I just got to get that big zero feedback from above my head lol I forgot how hard it is to get your first sale but I will keep plugging away good luck all
    Last edited by NP2WENTY6; 5th November 2008 at 08:24 AM.

View VandTnut's Feedback (+7)
    All-About VandTnut
    View VandTnut's Listings
    Forum Posts

Check out the monthly charity auctions linked thru the kitchen table forum.
    Pick up a couple of items there and your feedback number will get rid of that goose-egg real quick!
    Magic number is +5 to get rid of the newbie glasses
    Welcome to the happy place
    Not everything works the same here as on GreedBay (praise be for THAT!). Most things work better and admin actually pays attention and talks to people
    Suggestions are taken seriously, and are freely discussed in the forums.
    If you just want to kick back and chat about whatever there's even a place for that too.
    When you get some things listed get a simple storefront put together and link it to your signature so everybody can check out your wares. If you need any help there are lots of old hands who can give you pointers along the way
    Have Fun and sell lots of stuff.
    ED

UGH,
    I rarely visit FeeBay any more. But I did yesterday to check it because they sent me an invoice (I haven't had my store for several months but still have my membership.)
    Anyhow, this morning when I sat down at my computer there is a message from my anti-virus/spyware program. "10 new spyware programs found click here for report."
    I was quite alarmed to find that all of the spyware was in a file labeled "ebay" They were all advertising spyware like "tribal fusion" But this is disturbing. Besides being in a file labeled"ebay" I have reasons to beleive that it did come from FeeBay. Mainly, the anti-virus runs EVERY night at 2 am and it has not found anything amiss for months. I don't roam around much on the web. I just go to certain sites repeatedly and FeeBay is not on that list.
    Just a heads up for you who still have businesses over there. Spyware can slow your computer to a crawl and even make it crash. Not to mention the fact that it feeds your browsing habits to some advertising company
    Sandi

Check out our General Store

Hubby's Bike shop

Quote Originally Posted by greycastleus View Post
    UGH,
    I rarely visit FeeBay any more. But I did yesterday to check it because they sent me an invoice (I haven't had my store for several months but still have my membership.)
    Anyhow, this morning when I sat down at my computer there is a message from my anti-virus/spyware program. "10 new spyware programs found click here for report."
    I was quite alarmed to find that all of the spyware was in a file labeled "ebay" They were all advertising spyware like "tribal fusion" But this is disturbing. Besides being in a file labeled"ebay" I have reasons to beleive that it did come from FeeBay. Mainly, the anti-virus runs EVERY night at 2 am and it has not found anything amiss for months. I don't roam around much on the web. I just go to certain sites repeatedly and FeeBay is not on that list.
    Just a heads up for you who still have businesses over there. Spyware can slow your computer to a crawl and even make it crash. Not to mention the fact that it feeds your browsing habits to some advertising company
    My antivirus/antispyware program works in 'real-time', so when I get an instant alert I know exactly which website has downloaded the item. If yours scans only once a day, then that's almost 24 hours that spyware has the opportunity to do its dirty work!

Regarding Feebay - they are clearly stepping up their efforts to woo back members. I have so many emails from Feebay and PayPal now each day that I am considered adding them to my Spam blacklist.

Thread Information