Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Quote Originally Posted by NowAndThen View Post
    My antivirus/antispyware program works in 'real-time', so when I get an instant alert I know exactly which website has downloaded the item. If yours scans only once a day, then that's almost 24 hours that spyware has the opportunity to do its dirty work!

Regarding Feebay - they are clearly stepping up their efforts to woo back members. I have so many emails from Feebay and PayPal now each day that I am considered adding them to my Spam blacklist.
    Which anti-virus program do you use?
    Sandi

Check out our General Store

Hubby's Bike shop

Quote Originally Posted by greycastleus View Post
    Which anti-virus program do you use?
    ESET Smart Security - best program I've ever had. Antivirus + antispy + email scanning + realtime scanning in and out + personal firewall, etc. Works seamlessly in the background form the moment you fire up your computer until you shut it down.
    No bothersome emails from them, no advertising in fact no intrusions at all. Firewall and other settings completely configurable if you don't wish to use the default.
    I started off with just the ESET Anivirus, but with all the bother on the net of rogue exploits and trojans, I recently upgraded to the Smart Security Suite. ESET has accolades for detecting the highest number of viruses in the wild.
    Reasonably priced too.
    No - I don't get copmmission for extolling its virtues. I am just happy its doing the job for which it is intended, with no false positives!

Angry Feebay are Driving me Mad!

e**y is really taking the biscuit, they have given my wife an I an account violation for saying in a listing "larger quantities are available, contact us for details" even though we had larger quantities, in our shop. I really do hope that ebid takes off now because I'm getting so hacked off with feebay, I have listed over 200 items on ebid but with little luck so far so unfortunately until the public really get behind eBid or we get suspended from feebay I still have to deal with the scum bags, But believe me I don't like them!
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/RodsShop76

View VandTnut's Feedback (+7)
    All-About VandTnut
    View VandTnut's Listings
    Forum Posts

Had a go round in July about their idiot bots trying to do that to me. Threatened them with an action with the California State Attorney Generals Office before they backed down.

From previous poster regarding ESET I have been using the security suite for nearly 2 years now because I just can't find anything that works better, period.

Forum Newbie
    All-About AutumnRiver
    View AutumnRiver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Trying to get moved in here, haven't started other than registering, tho. Last week, ebay removed the option for me to accept checks or money orders.Today when I logged on to ,my email, I find out that bay shut down one of my auctions. I make jewelry, mostly native "style ". (Not to be in conflict with the Native American Trade Act) I had a turquoise necklace listed, that was a pow wow left-over. I have been trading at Pow Wows for 15 years. Ebays reasoning was I was in violation of the "Repatrization Act"( an act which disallows native reamins, bones and artifacts to be sold!!!) It was a necklace, and clearly labled as something I hand made. Ebay said I have to not only re-catagorize it to sell, but can't mention that I am pow wow trader, or that I make and sell pow wow regalia( dance clothing)!!!(or thatI am Blackfoot, ans Apache!)GRRRRR

View VandTnut's Feedback (+7)
    All-About VandTnut
    View VandTnut's Listings
    Forum Posts

Autumn River be welcome! Please do not mention GreedBay by its proper name here as it triggers counters on Google that move their pages up in rank in relation to eBid pages every time their name is mentioned. Every time eBid is mentioned it bumps eBid up a notch in relation to GreedBay.
    Lots of helpful advice in the forums. If you just want to chat the kitchen table is a nice place to just take some time and unwind.

I'm just shocked that a company as big is Peebay still hasn't sorted out real humans to check some of these auctions. I mean, from a business point of view if they remove listings needlessly, it's removing a sale for them. You'd think they'd have bots to 'suspend' auctions, and real humans checking them and either putting them back or deleting them & sending an email to say why.

Come on Fleabay, there's millions of unemployed people out there that could you a job, and you look like you guys need the help lol.

Stix N String - providing 100% of your recommended daily yarn allowance

PROUD supporters of Ebid - no fees = more yarn for your money

Its taken me some time lol but I think I have worked out why they are trying to get everybody to offer free postage its so they get more money because correct me if i am wrong they only take a fee from the actual price of the item and not the postage. So for sellers (how i read it) to get more exposure they should offer free postage and if these people do, no doubt they will just add the postage onto the price of the goods hence feebay getting more money. And why do they do this??? because they know they can, they know at the moment they are the biggest auction site so basically they have everybody by the short and curlys as yes its not a great place they rob you blind but we all know that we can sell there

All Your Fashion Needs.

Men's And Women's Branded Fashion

Forum Newbie
    View Hagl's Feedback (+62)
    All-About Hagl
    View Hagl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking Let's make a change

hello, I am also new here but I was a power seller there and I am very happy I switched yes I know we have a lot of growing to do and we will have growing pains in the process but it all starts with all of us. We made a difference in some way there or we would not have made it to power seller status so let's all endure the pains of changing and growing and let's make this site better afterall it is the greed of their company etc.. that made us look for a better place let's make this it. Spread the word about ebid we all know many people as we were the power sellers there. When our presence has moved and we have brought our loyal customers with us their comonay will suffer. Yes I agree on all accounts the shipping is the'r way of making more money afterall they did not bring shipping into the final value, the paypal thing is ridiculous as long as we wanted to accept payment from our customers in any wayand they paid and all were happy then what business is it of theirs excpet to get more oney by charging us the price for using paypal and sometimes even the small 99 cent items hurt when they took fvf and paypal fees,I am thinking they want to eliminate the 99cent sellers,I also had an item removed it was a Dufex foil print of a native american chief I put all of the info that I had including that it was made by FJ warren in England and it was removed for supposedly me trying to make it Native American, overall I am glad I found a new site here and I know if we all work together and spread the word that we can make greedbay the smaller compnay in time and I am glad that in a time of recession and uncertainty that I can finally put all of the money I was spendinig on fess toward growing a business and not take money away from my family for havinig a fun hobby. Good Luck to all of my fellow sellers.

Forum Newbie
    View tomfam18's Feedback (+4)
    All-About tomfam18
    View tomfam18's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hang in there. I'm slowly listing a few things. This will be my first holiday in years without the extra income, but I also will have more time for my family this year. After reading other posts, idiotbay must have robots that do the booting. I have apealed the decision to no avail, it is as if nobody reads it. I even offered to send my product in, but they don't want to see it. Anyway, good luck.

Marilyn

Thread Information