Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 11 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstNationalPawn View Post
    We've been selling on eBay since 1999 and signed up with eBid yesterday. eBay used to be a fun place and we've tried to keep our auctions fun. We have pretty laid back policies, but it's been getting more and more hostile. The second to last straw was an arugment I had with our PowerSeller representative over shipping fees. The last was the fee increase and feedback 2.0. I have eBay's community values framed on my wall, and eBay has fallen away from all of them to varying degrees. So, we're looking for a new fun place, and eBid looks to be it.
    hi
    remember you need to do a little bit of work for selling on here take a bit of time to read some of the threads and all should go well

good luck
    dave

Smile

Hi, I have just joined ebid as ebay seems to have become very greedy. I am only a collector who occasionally sells spares to finance my hobby but it now hardly seems worth selling on there with listing fees FVF PP fees ect considering most of my items only sell for a few pounds it now hardly seems worth listing them especially as many books now aren't selling so well anyway with the recession. Hopefully ebid will attract a few more collectors like myself who sell on spares as most of the sellers appear to be dealers (nothing wrong with that) and the prices tend to be a bit on the high side (ie shop prices) rather than an auction selling price. I'm hoping that a few more collectors start listing as I would like to be buying a few odds and ends and there is little for me at the moment. I'll perhaps list a few items and see what happens.

Hi skazone - and welcome!

You may as well try listing here - cos it doesn't cost anything to list.

And don't forget to tell everyone about the site!

I came here for the same reaosn - I just do this as a bit of a hobby, mostly - and seldom sell high value items so the fees on the Dark Side were just making it not worth while.

I hope you have lots and lots of luck. I agree that the site could do with more collectors and hobbyists - so let's try to start a crowd!

T40

The place will work if it is supported by more and more people, offering a real alternative to Greedbay, so tell everyone this is the new place to trade, buying and selling.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Skazone, welcome to the site. I have found it to be a very friendly place and would recommend making regular use of the forums, whether for getting answers or just for a chat.

Hey everyone!

I'm from ebay as well, and when they announced the changes that was the last straw for me!

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

sellers promote yourselves get mailing your old customers
    buyers why are you reading this get buying

seriously promote the site as much as possible and we will all benefit

have fun

dave

Forum Newbie
    View GCA_Direct's Feedback (+15)
    All-About GCA_Direct
    View GCA_Direct's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi to everyone,

I`m yey another feebay refugee, and new here.

I just sent an email to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 to see if he`ll include this issue in his show (and hopefully give ebid a mention). Might be an idea for a few others to do the same, perhaps it`ll happen then?

Cheers for now.

Default Disappointed Ebayer...

Hello! I've been telling my good customers to follow me here. I hope they will. I didn't used to be so brave, was so scared of being caught and suspended by Ebay. But now....they've spit on us powersellers. I've been registered there since 2000, and little by little, the fees have gone up, the buyers have thinned out, and I'm losing my butt, to be blunt. My sis was on the forums(she sells there too) and very frankly said to the seller central board that in order for Ebay to get the idea, there's going to have to be a mass exodus to a new & more appreciative auction site. Hmm....Ebid, are you ready? Because I believe that at this time, Ebay sellers have had enough. Really enough. I think you're going to have to woo some of them over, but all that should take is a little crafty advertising. I'm doing what I can, because my internet biz is my income and I need a place to offer my goods where I won't end up running in the red. I'm choking out over there, and I think a lot of others are too.
    Let's hear it for EBID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smile

Hi
    I just joined e-bid,looking for a viable alternative to ebay. Not a big buyer or seller, but if I want something I always look online first. I shall be looking in regularily to see how this site is going!

Thread Information