Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Forum Newbie
    View Glamour16's Feedback (+32)
    All-About Glamour16
    View Glamour16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Another Newby & Moved from the other :( Site!!

Hello all I too was a Former Powerseller 3300+ feedback & from you guessed!! Not naming it as it will just shoot up in the google searches even more ! I am soooooooooo happy to be here on Ebid & am just getting listings posted all this week jsut intime hooefully for Holiday gift givers One questions , I have a domain name I purchased can I forward it here to link to my Ebid site?? If so where on Ebid is my html coding for my Ebid store? Also where are links to add for Newbies to join Ebay off of your site??? Any info would be much appreciated
    Your New Ebid Friend, Glamour16

Smile

Hi
    Glamour16...Welcome
    Sorry i can not answer any of your questions,As i am very new here and i am still finding my way around Just wanted to say Greetings,I am also from ...(The site that can not say its name)...With a postive feedback of 1000+....
    And although i am not expecting anything like the same amount of sales here ,it is good to have a website like this, as you can list stuff without it costing a fortune.My apologies for rambling on...kind regards and good luck sword42
    Last edited by sword42; 19th November 2008 at 09:52 AM.

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi , I was reading a thread over there yesterday. Many of the people were saying that .... do not need the small sellers and even moreso the big sellers. The general though was , with paypal and their other outlets, e... was a mere drop in the Ocean and would not be missed too much ?

Forum Newbie
    View Glamour16's Feedback (+32)
    All-About Glamour16
    View Glamour16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning to my New Ebid Friends & Welcome to the new Ebidders!!!!!!!!
    Will be back alittle later to chat as I have to run out meanwhile
    If any one has the answer to my previous post it would be grrrrrrrreatly appreciated linking my Domain name to my Ebid store name is www.mystiquejewel.com
    it is not pointing anywhere right now & I want to direct as much traffic to this site EVERONE will here of EBID - if we all work together we will make it happen Especially at this time where most are struggling to make a living as to the high cost of everything - listing on a GREAT FREE WEBSITE is EBID is the BEST!!!!!!
    Have a GREAT Day ALL
    Glamour16
    Last edited by Glamour16; 19th November 2008 at 03:38 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour16 View Post
    One questions , I have a domain name I purchased can I forward it here to link to my Ebid site??
    If so where on Ebid is my html coding for my Ebid store?
    Also where are links to add for Newbies to join Ebay off of your site???
    Any info would be much appreciated
    Your New Ebid Friend, Glamour16
    This is what I do , as far as redirection and linking: http://produt-deals.com/

You can also have your domain redirect using .htaccess if you can upload one, and your site runs on linux/apache using this directive: Redirect Permanent / http://us.ebid.net/ (or whatever exact store link you want to use for that matter)

for html coding for affiliate banners, I would suggest you join the affiliate program, since you will earn money for the referrals too

- just go to http://us.ebid.net/ scroll allllll the way to the bottom and click on "Affiliates"
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Does anyone think not naming ebay by name on here makes a scrap of difference?.

Yes. The search engines will index it, and as you can see it pops up google-ads that relate to the dreaded e word.

The fewer times it gets mentioned, the fewer times it gets picked up by search engines and the lower it gets in their results, as it counts as being an 'outside chance' you want that result.

Stix N String - providing 100% of your recommended daily yarn allowance

PROUD supporters of Ebid - no fees = more yarn for your money

Does anyone think not naming ebay by name on here makes a scrap of difference?

Of course! - we don't want google search bots finding it, do we?
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I doubt if there is anyone anywhere who hasn't by now heard of ebay so I can't see how mentioning it or not doing so makes any difference.maybe saying ebay is crap or ebay is dying might but I can't see it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    I doubt if there is anyone anywhere who hasn't by now heard of ebay so I can't see how mentioning it or not doing so makes any difference.maybe saying ebay is crap or ebay is dying might but I can't see it myself.
    Agree Bacon! Sellers are not 'leaving' Ebay they are being driven from the site and it has been orchestrated by 'their powers at be' by their changes to do just that - small, medium, powersellers, whatever, are no longer needed or wanted. No business in its right mind drives itself into the ground quite deliberately which is what this company seems to be doing unless there is some underlying, underhand reason or scheme to do just that. It's not going to die, its just going to be different with or without us.

Maybe I'm confused or missing the point here, perhaps both, but why are we desisting from mentioning the dreaded word on the forums, when the advertising I see on a consistent basis (ie 'ads by Google' ) to the left of my screen on this site under 'Closing Auctions' is consistently advertising this company or some other company or website advertising their link with YOU KNOW WHO!

Wasting my time, frankly, reading the forums 'there' on a daily basis for a couple of months now trying to grasp what exactly is happening over there - what I read is, alot of moaners but they are not leaving in the amount we have been led to believe, new sellers trying to start off asking for a lot of help, those longterm sellers still trying to plug away at the Company to try to get them to do U-turns on recent changes and being ignored - in a few words, anger, frustration, disappointment - I too am incredulous at them still trying but they are STAYING! Here on Ebid, I think there are a lot of wishful thinkers - been one myself - hope everyones wishes and dreams do come true, but I for one am not going to hold my breath - its going to take a lot more than refraining from using the dreaded word!

uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?words=redannigoni&mo=search&type=user

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Phias-Miniatures

Lots of handcrafted dollshouse items for you to add to your 'mini-world'

Thread Information