Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    I doubt if there is anyone anywhere who hasn't by now heard of ebay so I can't see how mentioning it or not doing so makes any difference.maybe saying ebay is crap or ebay is dying might but I can't see it myself.
    Of course everyone has heard of them. That's not the problem.

Right now, if I search for items I have listed on Ebid in Google, using generic keywords, they usually come up on the first page. So do a lot of GreedBay listings. Every time the spyder from a search engine like Google finds a word, anywhere on the web, it adds to a counter. If the word "eBid" has a high counter, its pages (our listings) are more likely to get listed on the first page. If we use the name of another auction site here in the forums, we're adding to the counter that helps their listings.

It's just like voting for a site. One vote supposedly doesn't matter, but they add up. Consider just this forum and the massive number of postings. Every mention of that word helps them, and does not help us. So, we try not to use it.

For those of us on this site who are still listing on the other one because we have no choice but to do that, one could conceivably argue that it really doesn't matter where the votes end up as long as our listings are viewed whether here or there because we are here and there to sell!!! and have also paid our fees on both sites to have this visibility

This may sound very mercenary to many on this site but I'm afraid I'm more concerned with selling and seeing some return for my investment on both sites

uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?words=redannigoni&mo=search&type=user

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Phias-Miniatures

Lots of handcrafted dollshouse items for you to add to your 'mini-world'

View VandTnut's Feedback (+7)
    All-About VandTnut
    View VandTnut's Listings
    Forum Posts

The reason for not using the proper name for Greedbay here is so that the Google web-bots that are constantly crawling the forum pages here and doing word counts don't see the keyword for Greedbay that increments the counter for Greedbay. What we want is the counters for eBid to be incremented so that the rankings for eBid go up in relation to Greedbay - - - eBid up Greedbay down - - - understand? That way instead of seeing featured adds all over the place for Greedbay you will start seeing eBid ads where you used to see Greedbay as the numbers start to shift in eBids favor. It is a big numbers game. Number of listings, which is going up rapidly. Number of new subscribers, coming to check out all the new good deals. Number of lost power sellers that are now on eBid and bringing their customer base with them. Every time you use GreedBays proper name here you are putting money in their pocket.

That's quite right - some people can't grasp it though! - What we want is 'search supremacy'!! LOL
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

what I read is, alot of moaners but they are not leaving in the amount we have been led to believe

Have you looked at the actual figures?

A lot of us have decided to list on here as well as over there, so the number of members are increasing here, whilst the same people are not cancelling their membership over there ( keeping their options open)

I have 4 IDs over there, but have reduced my selling to just 4 or 5 sure-selling items at a time there, as opposed to 300+ here.

I expect I will eventually cancel 3 of those IDs, but at present I can't be bothered.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

All-About VandTnut
    View VandTnut's Listings
    Forum Posts

Actually I don't see any need to cancel an ID over there. What really talks is the $$.
    When the money isn't rolling in the sound of silence speaks loudest of all. A canceled ID is just a lineout on a ledger that nobody pays any attention to.

Forum Lurker
    View jayl1's Feedback (+3376)
    All-About jayl1
    View jayl1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VandTnut View Post
    Actually I don't see any need to cancel an ID over there. What really talks is the $$.
    When the money isn't rolling in the sound of silence speaks loudest of all. A canceled ID is just a lineout on a ledger that nobody pays any attention to.
    BUT - leaving the account open gives them extra numbers for their "members" - looks good on their books.
    We specialize in North American model railroading as well as North American railroad books & postcards.

Railroad Books (under construction!) - http://us.ebid.net/stores/Jays-Books and
    Model Trains - http://us.ebid.net/stores/Take-the-JTrain and
    Railroad Post Cards (under construction!! - hundreds to come!) -http://us.ebid.net/stores/Js-Railroad-Post-Cards and
    Railroad photos - http://us.ebid.net/stores/JTrain-Photos

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VandTnut View Post
    The reason for not using the proper name for Greedbay here is so that the Google web-bots that are constantly crawling the forum pages here and doing word counts don't see the keyword for Greedbay that increments the counter for Greedbay. What we want is the counters for eBid to be incremented so that the rankings for eBid go up in relation to Greedbay - - - eBid up Greedbay down - - - understand? That way instead of seeing featured adds all over the place for Greedbay you will start seeing eBid ads where you used to see Greedbay as the numbers start to shift in eBids favor. It is a big numbers game. Number of listings, which is going up rapidly. Number of new subscribers, coming to check out all the new good deals. Number of lost power sellers that are now on eBid and bringing their customer base with them. Every time you use GreedBays proper name here you are putting money in their pocket.
    * To see the results,you could set up a Google Fight.

All-About VandTnut
    View VandTnut's Listings
    Forum Posts

That was funny

Going to be even funnier when ebid has about 10 times the number of counter hits to work with as it does now.
    Ebid will have 10 times the hits, Greedbay will have only about 1 1/2 times the hits as eBid takes over the REAL auction market and Greedbay continues to promote the new whats ours is ours and whats yours is ours strategy.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've just run my last auction on the site you all give silly names to,I closed my shop on there some few weeks back.8 years and over 8000 sales but I've had enough.
    Trouble is,all the wishfull thinking and not mentioning ebay (whoops) just isn't getting big numbers of sales on here.
    Don't get me wrong,I'd love to see it happen,but I've been on here for quite a few years too and it simply hasn't.

Thread Information