Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 12 of 136 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Ok so email all your old customers tell yhem you are now selling here and not on ebay, also anyone you have bought from tell them that if they want to sell to you in future they had better start listing somewhere other than ebay. That would do for starters.

Then blog, plug on forums, stickers in your car, postcards in the newsagents, the possibilities are endless, if we all do that the Ebid name will be in front of everyones eyeballs.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Like many fed up sellers on ebay I have started to move, as a Powerseller on there with over 8200 positives I feel I have the right to defend myself against all the scams pulled on ebay. i.e. no right for seller to leave bad feedback to warn others if it is needed.
    The place is a joke, the fees are a joke, the auto-responses are a joke. ebay took a while to get as big as it is, hopefully ebid will do the same and as it costs nothing to list, what is there to lose....Nothing at all !
    I hope you will all accept another refugee from greedbay and I hope to be here with you all for a long time.

Smile

Hi, all you fellow ex pats from feebay. The one thing I hope does not come across from ebay are the anoraks from the forums. There are some real dead heads who seem to do nothing but do people down, day in day out. It has been so refreshing not to see the sarcasm, just normal people with politeness.
    Ebid can be bigger than Ebay - but we have to pull the people to us, get the ebayer buyers on to ebid, perhaps a bit of advertising? The aim surely must be to ensure the death of the word ebayer - and grow the name ebidder! I am rounding down the last of ebay bits and pieces and inserting Ebid flyers in the sales, everyone, buyer or seller I have had a dealing with will also get a ebid email flyer.
    Good luck to you all - and hopefully all the dead-heads will stay on ebay.
    Toady

Weclome to more refugees! Make sure you look through all the forums - there are lots of useful tools mentioned. Check out www.gothicina.co.uk where one of our members has set up lots of flyer and banner templates that are free to copy and use. Copy one of the banners to use in your email signatures. Don't forget to buy eBid parcel tape to wrap any parcels from the other auction sites!

Don't be afraid to ask about anything you are not sure of!

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

[quote=Don't be afraid to ask about anything you are not sure of![/quote]

anything

where shall i start

Quote Originally Posted by merlin_man View Post
    anything

where shall i start
    ...........well not everything, some things you may need to go and see the Doctor about (or a psychiatrist!)

Yet more refugees? Welcome all. The buyers are here too - whoopee!

Thumbs up Hello

Feebay Powerseller with over 7500 rating, finally had enough. I'm going to try Ebid for a while, see where it takes me. Mixed feelings, feel like I've just given-up a shop on Oxford street and opened a stall in the market, but I no longer could afford the rent! But the place seems friendly - just hope it doesn't make the same mistakes and get too greedy!

Hello ewiz, welcome to eBid. The forums are a great place for help, hints, tips and general chat. It always take time to suss out a new site, new rules etc - feel free to ask if you're not sure.

Hope things go well for you.

Thumbs up Ebid

I had been selling on ebay for a few years ( small seller ) anyway in all that time I have actually kept all my selling invoices and one day soon I am going to direct those previous buyers here!
    Invoices are in the attic but it will give me something to do...!!

do you think that will be okay?

As with most here I have had it with feebay, I used to do really well but have struggled the last year or so with all the changes that they have made.
    The way it was I might have well given my handmade things away! after fees and paypal fees feebay have got greedy!

Here's to Ebid !!

Also I have used another auction site and have not had as many hits as what I have here!!

Good luck peeps!

Jill x

Thread Information