Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Forum Newbie
    View volsman955's Feedback (+16)
    All-About volsman955
    View volsman955's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb What we need to do is start a class action lawsuit against E-Bay & shut them down.

I have sold on E-Bay for 6 years, had feedback score of over 9000, then E-Bay changed it's feedback, now people on E-Bay play feedback games. The small seller can't survive with E-Bay. I got suspended, I open up another account, sold items good until E-Bay caught my new account & shut it down. What we need to do is start a class action lawsuit against E-Bay & shut them down. I have always felt what goes around comes around & E-Bay will fall in time. E-Bay treats their sellers like dirt, the buyer isn't always right E-Bay needs to wake up & smell the roses. I do know its a buyers market....still, buyers buy am item at used price & expect a NEW item at used price. If it weren't for sellers, E-Bay would not make money.

http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...955-new-store1
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by volsman955; 20th May 2009 at 02:18 AM.

Smile

My state's Attorney General's office was surprised when I told them what the fees were a year. They probably thought, oh she sells a little and pays them a couple hundred, what is the big deal? But fees were $6000 to $7000 a year.

I agree with you, the buyers were actually hitting us up for free items and return of all their money because they were finding something "wrong" with everything. That is a lot of gall.

I did file my case with the Consumer Protection Attorney General's office and they did pressure them to reply and reinstate me. Then I told them where to go!!! It is a short term fix that just takes a letter to your state and does get feebay's attention. First time I ever talked to a human at feebay!!

Wonder if anyone know how to start a class action suit? Any lawyers out there who are familiar with this kind of thing?? Since they are based in California, maybe it should be started there? I think we have an excellent case, espec considering the inconsistent policy enforcement, sellers not given same rights as buyers (to give negatives to non-sellers), etc.

I do know that once the case is started, feebay is required to give the attorneys a list of sellers who have had problems, complained of problems, or even all sellers in general. Whatever information is requested, feebay is advised to comply with. It would be a good thing if we all saved our paperwork for the time being.

I say go for em.
    Last edited by deltadelta48; 20th May 2009 at 07:26 PM.

Forum Newbie
    View namvette68's Feedback (+1491)
    All-About namvette68
    View namvette68's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been on eBay too long. I am tired of selling for cents on a dolar and then paying to do it. Outrageous! I happened upon eBid by accident. I was searching for coins and it lead me to here. At the seller+lifetime fee, I can now list my coins forever and free. Once I learn my way around, I'll have more to list.
    I get a little confused with not having to list everything seperately. I am hoping I'll get a following here, and take a lot of the other "e" people off the other site.
    I am glad there is an alternative to eBay. I am doing my part to recruit new members here.

Welcome to ebid! You will like it here.

There are a few tricks to hurry those first sales along, poke around the threads and find the tips offered by other sellers. Sometimes just a little tweek is all that is needed.

Bringing your good customers is a wonderful thing to do too. It helps all of us to achieve more sales.

Good luck!

I've just noticed the latest screw-the-punter idea on feeBay UK, introduced this month. When you're trying to research scams and shill bidding, yet more blocks have been created. Completed auctions no longer sell to real people, they sell to 'Bidder x'.

Years ago, feeBay used to be a level and open playing field, much like eBid still is. But it just gets worse and worse. I'd love to see them shaken up with a class action.

Yet over there I can still get bids on items. Sometimes quite surprisingly so, e.g. I've just sold something for 11.50 that I started at 99p and thought would probably get no bids. While here I've not had a bid in months.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Newbie
    View volsman955's Feedback (+16)
    All-About volsman955
    View volsman955's Listings
    Forum Posts

Post Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Add comments to the following - http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/1:365e...ewellery?usc=1
    Attached Images Attached Images  

UK sellers, After searching the web I came across this link regarding ebay's new UK 'free postage and packaging' rules. Gheesh, what are they thinking?

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/sell/april2009/pandp.html

I haven't been on the US ebay site in months, perhaps it also happening there as well.

Also interesting that the 5 free listings you can get on the US site isn't on UK. Level playing field not likely!
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Lurker
    View cruellady's Feedback (+42)
    All-About cruellady
    View cruellady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    UK sellers, After searching the web I came across this link regarding ebay's new UK 'free postage and packaging' rules. Gheesh, what are they thinking?

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/sell/april2009/pandp.html

I haven't been on the US ebay site in months, perhaps it also happening there as well.
    Yikes, I can understand 'em insisting on free p n p for certain cats to compete with the big river, but shoes! Or even bags! They are incredibly expensive to send, due to package size and weight, so as a buyer I always expect to pay a hefty postage charge. Weedy FVF promos will hardly be likely to cover costs in the medium term.

:: rolls eyes :: Trying to keep track of overheads with them is a nightmare, which is the primary reason I gave up - out of sheer exhaustion.

Cru
    x

Just so everyone knows (I know I added this before) a man in Texas is starting the ball rolling on a class action suit for US on feebay suspensions. He is shopping for law firm now. I found him on the web. Whole thing might take years, but those with a complaint on feebay suspension should, he says, save all paperwork/info/emails, calculate what you lost in money and sit tight. We will be contacted by the class action attorney from the lists of suspended members that feebay is required to provide upon request. .

Kind of exciting, isn't it?

Comment on this latest discussion, why is there the fixation on the free shipping all of a sudden on feebay? One would have to be a real fool to believe that someone offering free shipping on an item is not making up for the expense by raising the price of the item. It ain't magic or a donation to give free shipping. What are they thinking?

I guess if I was in charge (oh sure), I would just scrap their whole wobbly structure and start again. Purging all those weird buyers (mostly under age I suspect) would be a necessary step too. What a mess and it get worse by the day.

Thread Information