Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Comment on this latest discussion, why is there the fixation on the free shipping all of a sudden on feebay? One would have to be a real fool to believe that someone offering free shipping on an item is not making up for the expense by raising the price of the item. It ain't magic or a donation to give free shipping. What are they thinking?
    What are they thinking? Well, I'm no mindreader, but since they gouge 10% FVF on the bid price and not on the postage, I'm damn sure I know what they're thinking.

But if that's how they want to do business, we have a choice to take it or leave it. What winds me up is, as happened to me recently, when I was temporarily suspended, for a totally trumped-up reason. And of course, no possibility of a dialogue with a sane human being.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    What are they thinking? Well, I'm no mindreader, but since they gouge 10% FVF on the bid price and not on the postage, I'm damn sure I know what they're thinking.

But if that's how they want to do business, we have a choice to take it or leave it. What winds me up is, as happened to me recently, when I was temporarily suspended, for a totally trumped-up reason. And of course, no possibility of a dialogue with a sane human being.
    It's my understanding that you pay a FVF on bid price plus shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    I've just noticed the latest screw-the-punter idea on feeBay UK, introduced this month. When you're trying to research scams and shill bidding, yet more blocks have been created. Completed auctions no longer sell to real people, they sell to 'Bidder x'.
    Am actually in favour of this.
    When I purchase an inflatable sheep - i dont want it shown that it was me that won it.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 20th June 2009 at 09:48 PM.

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Am actually in favour of this.
    When I purchase an inflatable sheep - i dont want it shown that it was me that won it.
    Well now everyone knows.

People can complain as much as they like on here about how bad they think e**y has become, but the simple fact is, buyers love it.
    The more important question is, what are eBid doing to attract buyers?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalistslibrary View Post

The more important question is, what are eBid doing to attract buyers?
    This is a most important point. All the ads I have seen are for the great deal that ebid is for sellers. If everyone who joins is a seller, then we will continue as a cosy group who sell to each other, which is nice, but not a way to make a living.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

With reference to #1267 and #1268 I would suggest the following which is relevant to sellers as well as buyers..

Although eBid is growing and has spent a lot of money on advertising, I think it needs to do a lot of work on developing a strong brand image and getting the message out to potential buyers and sellers about how its business proposition will support them. At present, there is not very much on the eBid site or elsewhere which explains what eBid is about, what its mission statement is, what its business policy is, where it is going, what values (and behaviours) eBid and buyers and sellers sign up to, etc.. EBid has a number of key strengths such as personal customer service, dealing with problem buyers and sellers, the number of free pictures in listings, etc. but I do not think it is developing public awareness of these. These strengths are key selling points in its business proposition to attract buyers and sellers. An ‘About eBid’ section tab at the beginning of the buy / sell / want / my eBid etc toolbar through which it could focus on building brand image would be a big help.

Thank you.

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    This is a most important point. All the ads I have seen are for the great deal that ebid is for sellers. If everyone who joins is a seller, then we will continue as a cosy group who sell to each other, which is nice, but not a way to make a living.
    So true~ you've hit the nail on the head.

It's fine if you are a hobby seller, just after a few pounds here and there.

Those who are trying to make a living at it, will be hard pressed.

So far the postage charges do not cover bags, only accessories, which is mainly small weight items.

If they tried it on bags, it would upset a lot of high street shops and design houses, who sell on there. With lots and lots of listings. They would loose out big time.

They may make silly rules, but they still make BIG profits. And no matter what they do, they still go from strength to strength~

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westlondoncarparts View Post
    With reference to #1267 and #1268 I would suggest the following which is relevant to sellers as well as buyers..

Although eBid is growing and has spent a lot of money on advertising, I think it needs to do a lot of work on developing a strong brand image and getting the message out to potential buyers and sellers about how its business proposition will support them. At present, there is not very much on the eBid site or elsewhere which explains what eBid is about, what its mission statement is, what its business policy is, where it is going, what values (and behaviours) eBid and buyers and sellers sign up to, etc.. EBid has a number of key strengths such as personal customer service, dealing with problem buyers and sellers, the number of free pictures in listings, etc. but I do not think it is developing public awareness of these. These strengths are key selling points in its business proposition to attract buyers and sellers. An ‘About eBid’ section tab at the beginning of the buy / sell / want / my eBid etc toolbar through which it could focus on building brand image would be a big help.

Thank you.
    But that is only if this site want to be big~ perhaps they are happy as they are.

And if it does become as big as the other two, what then?

Seller scams, buyer scams, forums fights, silly rules?

It's not an easy decision.

The bigger the site, the harder it is to control

Well I certainly don't want eBid to become like feebay - pushing out the small sellers!

That's why we all left, for goodness' sake!!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information