Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 15 of 136 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hikeandclimb View Post
    Wow, this is like a breath of fresh air!

I am a business powerseller with 100% feedback from the dark side, and am now finished with greedbay and rip off paypal.

Can anyone tell me how google checkout works, and is it the way forward as so many are suggesting?

David
    hi google checkout is just another online payment method a lot cheaper than paypal and yes it is the way forward anything which saves a few quid has to be

now don`t forget to email your buyers to come buy from you here offer a little cheaper and drag them in , you need to promote a little here as obviously it is not as big as wepay yet

Ye much prefer Google Checkout, just sign yourself up, you can choose whether to have funds transferrred to your bank account daily, weekly, or monthly. Buyer just clicks on a button in an Invoice, enters their credit card details and away you go.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Newbie
    View GCA_Direct's Feedback (+15)
    All-About GCA_Direct
    View GCA_Direct's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don`t know if this is absolutely right or not, its possible they are just being fed a line. However I was at a trade show a few days ago and the company next to me also sell on the dark side. I asked them if they were delisting this week to support the `strike`, reaction: `No way, ebay phoned us and told us they are reducing our fees by 30%`. Apparently ebay are always contacting them and talking, person to person, now I don`t know if they run one of the £260 per month shops and thats the secret or not?
    Anyone know?

Hello, I am a seller from the US, I only signed up two days ago. I just had enough of the Ebay saga. So hopefully you and I are not alone, we cant be the only smart ones........
    http://us.ebid.net/stores/DAISYS-DOG-DUDS
    Designer Dog Clothing For the Frugal Dog

Hello daisysduds, welcome to eBid. Hope that you enjoy the site as much as I do. I've met some lovely buyers and sellers, find the forums friendly and helpful and the support team are usually very quick to respond.

I'm new to e-bid and will be uploading a lot of listings in the near future. Ebay's labyrinthine pricing structure makes it impossible to run a business using its service. I will continue to use it whilst it still offers me some benefits but will put a lot of effort in promoting e-bid because it offers a transparent structure which is fair to buyer and seller alike.

Overall my prices can be up to 10% cheaper on e-bid and I will pass these savings on to my customers. Once buyers begin to realise its cheaper to buy on e-bid and be able to use Google checkout I'm sure their number will increase.

I think E-Bay is kidding itself over its brand equity. I think it had its high watermark a couple of years ago and I don't think buyers or sellers alike have any loyalty towards it. Things change quickly in the high-tech sector and in the space of a few years hero's become zero's. Yahoo were probably looking on smugly when a little search engine called Google appeared on the scene. Can e-bid do another google?

Quote Originally Posted by Computertradeshop View Post
    I'm new to e-bid and will be uploading a lot of listings in the near future.
    Overall my prices can be up to 10% cheaper on e-bid and I will pass these savings on to my customers. Once buyers begin to realise its cheaper to buy on e-bid and be able to use Google checkout I'm sure their number will increase.
    Well done computertradeshop! At last someone who realises that they can entice their cutomers from e*ay to eBid by offering lower prices not higher ones!!

I am looking forward to see your auctions!

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

In reply to 4techdirect, e..y are reducing fees by 30% - the new listing fees are being reduced by about that much - shame they are raising the final value fees by about 40%.

I think that's what the rep must have been talking about.

I have heard that they contact some people and give them special offers, but how true it is I don't know. Also, short term, who cares, I'd rather be building a more structured business elsewhere for the long term.

Computertradeshop is also right, if your fees are lower you can keep your prices more competitive for buyers. Over on the other boards, all the 'advice' given, seems to revolve around passing the increases onto the customer. Higher prices, even across the board, would indicate less custom.

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just seen over on the 'other side,' that some people are having problems with their special discount vouchers. Apparently when some folk have tried to use them they weren't accepted by the system. E..y say it is PP's fault, PP say e...y are going to sort it.
    Same old, same old, yadda yadda yadda ...

Forum Lurker
    View cvd's Feedback (+10)
    All-About cvd
    View cvd's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtisanUK View Post
    ...e..y are reducing fees by 30% - the new listing fees are being reduced by about that much - shame they are raising the final value fees by about 40%.
    Because I never used the gallery (have my own webspace) or anything else they "lowered" prices on, bottom line for me was a 24% increase in overall costs.

I was already forced to increase prices 20% last November because I sold in USD and made diddly on the exchange anymore.

So, had I stayed, my prices since last November would have seen a total jump of 44%

Here, I can offer pre-November prices!!!!

Cheers!

Thread Information