Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 16 of 136 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to use the gallery cvd because I don't sell a generic product or product range, therefore I don't pay a generic price when buying in. A lot of it is 'skin of teeth' stuff, depending on what the buying public want at the minute.

To be quite honest, everything else e..y have done aside, the fact that the .com site is getting free gallery and we aren't, is the biggest annoyance to me. I think they must have been testing it out for a while because I used to list some items on .com and over the last 6 months a lot of the time the gallery fees were for free. It actually worked out a lot cheaper for me to list in the US rather than the UK.

Actually, for the first time ever, I think I am going to be able to put some of my stuff on as BIN. I can just put an average mark-up on things and know that what I charge is what I get, rather than either risking items selling for the starting price and paying all the associated fees, or having to raise prices (on you-know-where) to cover my BIN fees.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Artisan, what great items you have! I have no space for more pictures but I WANT several of your listings.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quick, quick, buy some

Actually I've got loads more to list but things just haven't gone to plan these last few weeks.

I will get organised ... honest!

Forum Newbie
    Worcestershire, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View uk121's Feedback (+338)
    All-About uk121
    View uk121's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Has Ebay shot itself in the Foot

Hi im new to this ebid im still finding my feet. I am a former Ebay Seller, casual mind you, however i searched the interent for an alternative to ebay and came across this, ive never heard of this web site and i hope that it is nothing like ebay. The insertion prices were so high, they wanted to take a cut out of everything you sold and they may have put the prices down on the insertion fees but they are taking a 7.25% on your final value fee. Before it was 5.25%, WHY, ive had enough and i have moved over to ebid now.

Forum Newbie
    All-About uk121
    View uk121's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi you guys on this forum, you have given me so many ideas. I am a former ebay seller and the fees are pushing me away from ebay now but i need to sell my items and one comment i read on this forum about putting in a leaflet to all the items i am going to sell to my ebay buyers to get them to look at ebid, is worth doing.
    cheers sab.

Forum Newbie
    All-About uk121
    View uk121's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi i think that the management/owners of ebid need to get this site advertised heavily. As i have never heard of it, i got really p****d off with ebay for blocking my account for a silly mistake they did on my account. Ebay needs to be pushed out, and more people need to know about ebid. Im trying to introduce ebid to my mates and family members already and i have only just joined (1day). TV AD THATS WHAT THEY NEED TO DO!!!!!

Forum Newbie
    All-About uk121
    View uk121's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Computertradeshop

hi ive just read your views, im new to ebid as well and i am still a former ebayer, iv kept my ebay account open so i can email my past buyers to introduce them to ebid. hope it works as i have had it with ebay, STAMP THEM OUT i say and their fees to go with it, i can not make anything on eby now because im paying the fees out of the little profit i make. But i have calculated that i can offer my items for sale at a 10% reduction because the fees on ebid are more affordable.
    cheers sab.

It's not just about selling here it is also about buying here as well, remember every time you buy from an ebay seller you help perpetuate the problem.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thumbs up I've also had enough!

Hi everyone,

I have been a member here since 1st Feb.

I have also had enough of feepay, as well as the price rises there is the feedback system, which keeps changing all the time, you cannot leave feedback for Negative or Neutral feedback anymore, I think this is mad, it's almost like owning a shop and not being able to cry " Stop Theif ", if someone bids and doesn't pay you should be able to warn others by leaving a Neg.

I have already converted 3 other sellers over to ebid and I am not going to stop there, as I am winding down on ebay I am putting a note in with all my items telling them about ebid, letting them know my items are cheaper here than on feepay.

There is only one problem, I haven't sold anything yet, I know this site is smaller than feepay so I am going to be patient, as I have seen in the last couple of weeks that the amount of items being listed is going up by about 2000 a day and is getting very close to half a million, let's hope soon it's a million!!!!!!

And last but not least, what a great forum! On feepay you ask a question and lots of people come into the post and start chatting about anything and everything, but most of the time nothing to do with the question asked, here is the opposite warm, friendly and helpful, lets all hope it stays this way!!!

We are not short of sellers. It's buyers we need!
    For low price gifts that are suitable for pratically everyone !
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Riviera-Shades

Jazz your car up with these great accessories
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hartiff-Auto-Styling

Golfers..Have a look here for a wide range of golf ball markers
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Golfers-Corner

Not an ebid member yet? Click below to sign up.

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/normal....=register-main

Thread Information