Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 17 of 136 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Post More choice

Quote Originally Posted by rivierashades View Post
    We are not short of sellers. It's buyers we need!
    Just to let you know I am a buyer as well, the only feedback I have is as a buyer, but I am not going to buy items just for the sake of it, the more sellers there are the more choice I have and the more I will buy!

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

i buy too but only if needed

if you want buyers get out and coax them here theres loads of ways to do this you need sellers to get buyers

amount of items being listed is going up by about 2000 a day

This is good news as it represents a better choice for buyers. Also, buyers like to snap up the bargains quickly and they like the BIN options that most sellers add to their auctions so although the number of listed items is not really a good guide to turnover it is very encouraging to see the increased activity.

This is a great site for both buyers and sellers and it deserves to succeed.

I would really like to see sellers selling genuine hp ink as I am still haveing to go to the other side to buy it. there was one chap a couple of months ago but he got too fed up with the lack of sales and went back to e*ay. I did buy from him while he was here and asked him to reconsider, but I went to see if he had any listings and he had gone!

Exclamation Going back to the other side!

Quote Originally Posted by CrowlasCrafts View Post
    I would really like to see sellers selling genuine hp ink as I am still haveing to go to the other side to buy it. there was one chap a couple of months ago but he got too fed up with the lack of sales and went back to e*ay. I did buy from him while he was here and asked him to reconsider, but I went to see if he had any listings and he had gone!
    I have just read the the chap who was selling the HP ink went back to the "other side", I can't understand this at all, with the Lifetime Membership being so cheap compared to the monthly fees on the "other side", if he had taken that out he could just list on both sites, he wouldn't have to pay anymore on this site, I find this strange.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman76 View Post
    I have just read the the chap who was selling the HP ink went back to the "other side", I can't understand this at all, with the Lifetime Membership being so cheap compared to the monthly fees on the "other side", if he had taken that out he could just list on both sites, he wouldn't have to pay anymore on this site, I find this strange.
    It is strange when it costs them nothing to leave the listings running. We've had a couple of members join previously, only given it about a week and then close everything down with the hump 'cos they didn't sell loads straight away. We need to be patient. There are some items such as games and DVDs where it's been quite likely in the past that you would have searched for a top seller and found no listings. As people selling these things join, they need to be patient as it will take a while for the buyers to try the site again if they did not find anything that they wanted last time.

Forum Newbie
    View TheNose's Feedback (+100)
    All-About TheNose
    View TheNose's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is definitely the best non-eBay site. It's fun, easy to navigate and list with and the choices are brilliant. The only downside is less traffic although in my first few week as a seller I've sold half a dozen items. Which is great.

Because there are so many alternative auction sites to eBay folks are running round suggesting every name under the sun - it's too confusing. I am glad I found here and stuck with it.

Ebid really needs to take advantage of Ebay's utter stupidity and run a national evening time TV advert right now and it doesn't have to be lengthy. Just get the name out there because it's a surefire way of attracting the right kind of interest and allow people a serious option in a soup of mind-boggling alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNose View Post
    This is definitely the best non-eBay site. It's fun, easy to navigate and list with and the choices are brilliant. The only downside is less traffic although in my first few week as a seller I've sold half a dozen items. Which is great.

Because there are so many alternative auction sites to eBay folks are running round suggesting every name under the sun - it's too confusing. I am glad I found here and stuck with it.

Ebid really needs to take advantage of Ebay's utter stupidity and run a national evening time TV advert right now and it doesn't have to be lengthy. Just get the name out there because it's a surefire way of attracting the right kind of interest and allow people a serious option in a soup of mind-boggling alternatives.
    I agree with everything you have said, but about the TV advert I don't think eBid can afford it, I hope I am wrong. You are right about one thing, know lots of sellers that can't wait to find an alternative to ebay, and I am telling them all and asking them to spread the word, this is the best online auction site and the peope are so friendly and understanding.

Hi,

I don't understand what you mean by "online viral ad" sorry!

Thread Information