Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 18 of 136 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

A viral ad is anything which grabs people's attention, the sort of thing that gets emailed to everyone in your address book, like a good joke does. If you get a great You tube video that captures the imagination it then just snowballs. Just needs some creative minds.

I though Mark & Gazza had employed some PR types, what the heck have they been doing while all this eBay business has been hitting the fan. I hope they aren't getting paid coz i don't think they are doing their job.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Hi,

Thanks for explaining that to me.

As for the PR types, you make a very good point, I don't think there has been a better time!

That is such a good idea! Oh, I'm new here too. I am weighing out my options on where I want to go. Can anyone tell me if you can transfer your ebay account/Feedback score, etc., from efee to ebid?

Can anyone lead me to a link that helps with picture prices...are you charged for listing pictures in your ad? If you sign up for a lifetime member what charges do you incur other than the one time fee?

Smile Charges

Quote Originally Posted by ellengenerous View Post
    Can anyone lead me to a link that helps with picture prices...are you charged for listing pictures in your ad? If you sign up for a lifetime member what charges do you incur other than the one time fee?
    Hi,

There are no charges for pictures in your listings, only if you have a Gallery Picture, then it is 2% of the FVF.

I signed up last week for the Lifetime membership as I didn't want to miss out as it is for a limited time only, normally £100. The way I saw it was, £49.99 and no fees forever, no contest really compared to feepay!

And you can run items till sold so you don't have to keep on relisting. I could go on forever about how good this site is.

As for the feedback being moved over from feepay, I think you used to be able to but not anymore.

I hope I have been of some help.

Default ebay shot vs ebid hunting

Ebay try as they might will keep shooting. Ebid will grow because of the hunters helping the community to grow. Spread the word thru your contacts and Ebid will outgrow them all. Just keep getting better and better. Thanks to all of you who keep the community growing. Keep referring all your friends to this Ebid auction site.

Default Some ebid advertising suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by crazymama View Post
    Ebay try as they might will keep shooting. Ebid will grow because of the hunters helping the community to grow. Spread the word thru your contacts and Ebid will outgrow them all. Just keep getting better and better. Thanks to all of you who keep the community growing. Keep referring all your friends to this Ebid auction site.
    Exactly right.
    In the early days of ebay, sellers did a lot of free promotions for them and drove a lot bidders to their auctions.
    Usenet groups were very effective back then for driving traffic to specific listings. Google Groups could provide that now.
    Even better, these days we have blogs, blog comment sections, and services like Digg.
    Even a simple link in email signatures will drive traffic here.

And some more promotional videos on sites like YouTube would probably be a smart move too. A search on YouTube for "ebid.net" returns 13 results. A search for "ebay" returns 39,400.

Sellers are aching for a cost effective alternative.

Ebid, I am cheering you on!!!

I've just been getting some flack from an ebay group, seems like they are either addicted to ebay or perhaps they just like paying fees. There seemed some resistance to a site based outside the US. So I imagine they think the world stops at the edge of America.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information