Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 19 of 136 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

They just seemed to be fed up with me trying to wake them to their eBay addiction. Ok let em pay the fees if they want, I've told them, if they want to work their butts off just to pay ebay fees good luck to them.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Ok let em pay the fees if they want, I've told them, if they want to work their butts off just to pay ebay fees good luck to them.
    I couldn't have put it better myself!!

Default It doesn't happen overnight

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    They just seemed to be fed up with me trying to wake them to their eBay addiction. Ok let em pay the fees if they want, I've told them, if they want to work their butts off just to pay ebay fees good luck to them.
    Give it some time. It took me a couple of fee hikes and a horrible feedback policy change to get me to make the jump. And that's not even a full jump. I still have to make some sales to make a living. So I'll still have to sell some items there, though not as much as I have been.
    But my days of ebay dependency are over. They no longer get exclusive rights to a 15%+ cut of my inventory. And I feel really great about joining eBid.
    The change for me is going to be a gradual one, but no mistake about it, change is coming.
    And I met a lot of great customers there who later asked to purchase from me off site (hahaha, I'm sure ebay would expect me to tell them "no"). And having an established business relationships with them, I can now inform them that I am moving on to new horizons.
    When I have an inventory here worthy of inviting my customers to view, they'll hear about it.

I should have a more concrete plan, but my next steps include:
    -Boosting my eBid inventory
    -A link to eBid on my own web site
    -Getting set up with Google Checkout

So all in good time. I really like this site and I'm pretty hopeful that I'll see results in the longrun. I'm sure many other sellers are not far behind.

Besides, we can always count on eBay to stick it to their sellers again and send a few more this way. Their shareholders always want one more piece of the pie. In that regard, I suppose we can look forward to ebay doing us a favor (even if not their intention to do so).

http://us.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...arch&type=user

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

The U.S. have a boycott thread running with loads of links where you can give your opinion. I have been using those links to give Ebid a plug, could do with more ebid sellers doing the same.. A lot of The sellers are looking for sites, Ebid are not getting much of a mention. IMO we need to go get those sellers to come to the Ebid site bringing their buyers with them.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Anyone know how to find a member please.

I you go to the search box at the top of this page and enter the sellers name then pick Username from the drop down tab. Easy when you know how
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Smile Links

Quote Originally Posted by Trina Karen Jolly Golly Jamboree View Post
    The U.S. have a boycott thread running with loads of links where you can give your opinion. I have been using those links to give Ebid a plug, could do with more ebid sellers doing the same.. A lot of The sellers are looking for sites, Ebid are not getting much of a mention. IMO we need to go get those sellers to come to the Ebid site bringing their buyers with them.
    Hi, can you post the links on here please, as I am sure they would get used!

Forum Newbie
    Worcestershire, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View uk121's Feedback (+338)
    All-About uk121
    View uk121's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Down with ebay.

hi all, i have now cut my ties with ebay today, ive closed my account, as they put a block on my account 7 days ago for a mistake they made on my account and they emailed me today telling me that i had to fax over my account details etc, i dont own a fax machine and i be dammed if i will go down to my post office to send a fax that will cost me 4.00. They made me feel that I was desparate for them to reinstate my account-they have gone too far now and i have emailed all of my previous buyers today out of anger and introduced myself and ebid to them.
    I have not been a member here for long and things look abit slow, but hay ive paid for the seller+ , even though i will casually sell, but im a patient person and hope that sellers and buyers will visit this site more.
    cheers all oldbag79

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you come across US sellers hesitating about moving to eBid, but looking at other sites, (provided they're not thinking about iOffer - you won't get US sellers to change that choice) then point them at this -
    http://www.buildaskill.com/blog/2008...007-q4-report/

Also this one -
    http://www.buildaskill.com/blog/2008...ers-24-feb-08/

If those two don't convince them to at least poke their nose into eBid, then follow up with pointing them at -
    http://www.powersellersunite.com/auctionsitewatch.php (scroll down past the eBay graphs and look at the eBid stats and growth rates compared to those above them)

Gaz

Hi Gaz,

Thanks for those links, they are so interesting that I just couldn't stop reading them, and then went from link to link.

I think eBid is no 2 in the U.K as I went to the other site that claims it is number 2 and there seems to be a lot of duplicate items, pages of them, are they doing this to stay in the number 2 spot?

Keep up the good work of keeping us informed, and thanks!!

Thread Information