Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 20 of 136 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

I loved the first link that gave indications of the potential financial fall-out if e..y persist in alienating it's sellers.

It's a beautiful contrast to the regular posters on the UK boards whose main purpose in life seems to be to get rid of every other seller on e..y by shouting them down at every opportunity.
    I'm presuming one of two reasons for doing this, a) they are in league with Gordon Brown and endeavouring to decimate the economic stablility of the UK, or, b) they misguidedly believe that if they get rid of as many sellers as possible then the field will be open to them, and only them, to make vast, unprecidented profits. Nope, it just disperses the seller and customer base.

The fact is, that everybody who is 'encouraged' to leave either by e..y or it's voracious posters, is either a potential customer, or a finanical contributor, not only to e..y but also to the economy.
    Everybody that gives up, has less to spend, less to invest.
    Yet again, we have ever decreasing circles.

Yet for many, the last increase on fees has been the last financial straw - it made it just not worth doing, even if you were prepared to live with the abysmal systems, procedures and customer service.

I'm glad I'm here and not there. I'm also glad I ain't a shareholder there either!

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi gang - thanks for the praise, but I can't take the credit - that needs to go to Ed (the author and site owner) - maybe you could add a comment on the posts? I know it can get lonely on buildaskill at times (especially in the forums, which are stuffed full of good stuff but you need to register as a forum member to get at the really juicy stuff)

Since adding the links earlier, I've discovered there is mega-whinging about iOffer's site performance this last week - slower than a slow thing apparently with loads of links not going where they say they're going - AuctionBytes has a blog post and a long list of reader complaints about it, with some praise for eBid thrown into the comments too

Gaz

HI there!

Excellent posts with the links - I have spent about an hour reading them !! It's good to see that my nearly total "exit" from e..y a year ago was the best thing I could have done as things have only got worse, if that was possible, over there. It is a sad and lonely looking place nowadays in their forums which I also had a look at to see what's going on - all the best posters have either gone or been banned .

So eBid plus a bit of web activity on my part has turned things around for me. 99% of my items are now listed on eBid and I am looking forward to seeing more sellers on here selling things I want to buy as this is where I will buy from. :}

Hello,
    are there many sellers in the US on ebid? I have posted a few auctions and waiting to see the results. When I get set up I will begin promoting. I have been checking out a few sites and on one the navigation speed was so horrible and they monitored the threads so tightly I am going to give up. The speed here at ebid seems much better but the upload on the pictures is very slow. I can deal with that for awhile and hope it gets better.
    If I decide to open a store?? Can I transfer my auction listing easily? will my items be in the auction listings? What is the advantage of a store?

Thanks and Good Luck, Haddy

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy54 View Post
    Hello,
    are there many sellers in the US on ebid? I have posted a few auctions and waiting to see the results. When I get set up I will begin promoting. I have been checking out a few sites and on one the navigation speed was so horrible and they monitored the threads so tightly I am going to give up. The speed here at ebid seems much better but the upload on the pictures is very slow. I can deal with that for awhile and hope it gets better.
    If I decide to open a store?? Can I transfer my auction listing easily? will my items be in the auction listings? What is the advantage of a store?

Thanks and Good Luck, Haddy
    hi
    yep theres loads of sellers from usa & canada getting more by the day ,
    the more auctions you have going the better chance of sales , yes you can transfer your auctions to stores by using the edit button , advantage of a store well ebay charges for it lol so why not take one for free,

heres loads of stuff to help you get selling successfully

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100837 getting started a few tips
    if you run a website or a simple webspace eg: myspace etc. drop a ebid search box into it
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=94751 (it`s simple even i did it )
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=95311 get ebid logo`s etc.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=95239 add ebid search to your browser

remember you need to do this to get your items onto google

Google doesn't accept items that are auction only, they have to have a BuyNow price,but they can have an auction price as well.eBid upload ALL eligable items to google products 3 times a month,To qualify for uploads items need to be:
    1) Legal
    2) have a BuyNow price
    3) Have at least 7 days remaining OR are On First Bid OR are Run Until Sold at 5am on the 8th, 18th and 28th of each month

i use mostly run until sold with bin price
    for exporting fb use http://auctionfb.com/

good luck

remember you need to do this to get your items onto google

Hey Merlin -- forgive my ignorance but does eBid submit to Google automatically as long as my auctions meet the criteria you've listed. Or, is there something I need to do. If so, what do I need to do.

Thank you,

Connie*
    What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us. ~~Henry David Thoreau

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Connies-Closet

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi meet that criteria and they are submitted 3 times a month

Default Good bye ebay

I was trading on ebay for 4 years and today after finding ebid finally decided to cut my ties with ebay by closeing my account because of there changes in policies and I do hope many more ebayers will follow suite and leave them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ukhostingsolutions View Post
    I was trading on ebay for 4 years and today after finding ebid finally decided to cut my ties with ebay by closeing my account because of there changes in policies and I do hope many more ebayers will follow suite and leave them as well.
    Well done, I have been trading on feebay for 4 years to and for eBid, and started listing here, it is one of the best things I ever did, you should think about taking the Lifetime Membership out before it runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin_man View Post
    hi meet that criteria and they are submitted 3 times a month
    Hey, I hadn't realised that and I have been listing here for quite a while now! Just checked out a couple of my items and sure enough, there they are at the top of the Google search page :

Brilliant!! So that anwers the question "what do I have to do....?" - nothing, just meet the criteria quoted here which, obviously, I have

Thread Information