Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 21 of 136 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

I've been using eBay since 2000, and I've had enough of them. In recent weeks I've had issues as both a buyer and seller which eBay have been **** all help with, along with the continuous fee hikes and pitiful customer support it's just not worth the hassle.
    If you sell low-value individual items as I do, the fees will easily take 30% of the end price - you can't charge for Paypal or work into P&P with this new star system, so stuff it. I'll take my business elsewhere.

Long live eBid!

I've just been getting some flack from an ebay group, seems like they are either addicted to ebay or perhaps they just like paying fees. There seemed some resistance to a site based outside the US. So I imagine they think the world stops at the edge of America.

Ken -- I am sorry my American counterparts are giving you grief. They apparently have been "sucked in" so far they can't see the light. But, know that not all of us Americans are so short-sighted. I, for one, find this site refreshing, honest, friendly and just fun to be around. And, I love reading all of the Brits posts. I've learned new words that I never knew existed and words used in ways I never dreamed of. I'm beginning to feel a connection to the folks across the "pond". And, what could possibly be wrong with that!!

And, thank you all for your posts and help and friendship! I'll probably stay here for a very long time.

Connie*
    What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us. ~~Henry David Thoreau

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Connies-Closet

If you come across US sellers hesitating about moving to eBid, but looking at other sites, (provided they're not thinking about iOffer - you won't get US sellers to change that choice)...

Hi Gaz -- I'm not sure why you say this? I have stuff on Ioffer but I spend much more time and care here. I don't want to dis a site that's trying to be an alternative. I think they're working hard to be the best they can be. But, eBid is just better - in many ways. Hopefully, many more will see that.

Is there some secret to Ioffer that I'm not aware of or is it just a bunch of snobby people who choose not to broaden their horizons that cause you to say that. Just curious

Connie*
    What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us. ~~Henry David Thoreau

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Connies-Closet

Default pleased to be at ebid

Yes its stupid not allowing negative feedback on Ebay. So the place to buy is at Ebid at least you know who you are dealing with.
    Have a look at 'SUPPORT OUR TROOPS'
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/auctio...9-0&mo=auction

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frothy_edal View Post
    Hey, I hadn't realised that and I have been listing here for quite a while now! Just checked out a couple of my items and sure enough, there they are at the top of the Google search page :

Brilliant!! So that anwers the question "what do I have to do....?" - nothing, just meet the criteria quoted here which, obviously, I have

you been lucky lol

now why you not been reading gothicinas threads about these things ??:

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi.
    I read the U.S. greedbay Boycott thread everyday. I also plug away for Ebid when I can.
    I think the intention of the sellers looking elsewhere to sell is down to trying to get the majority of people to list on one site for the most impact. IMO a good strategy. The problem I see is not enough people are going there to try and discreetly put in a plug for Ebid without getting slapped stupid by greedbay..

I also think if we put Ebid.co.uk and .com in some posts rather than Net we could make a bigger impact.
    Net IMO is open to a false interpretation, People automatically think when they see .co.uk its a UK site, .com its an American site. So are sellers looking for Co and .com when deciding on a new site to sell on?

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Another suggestion

In some of the posts on the .com boycott thread there are petition off ebay thread links I have also gone on them plugging away for Ebid.

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCrazyUK View Post
    It is strange when it costs them nothing to leave the listings running. We've had a couple of members join previously, only given it about a week and then close everything down with the hump 'cos they didn't sell loads straight away. We need to be patient. There are some items such as games and DVDs where it's been quite likely in the past that you would have searched for a top seller and found no listings. As people selling these things join, they need to be patient as it will take a while for the buyers to try the site again if they did not find anything that they wanted last time.
    I agree it seems strange not to give it a longer try.

However, I can't agree it costs a seller nothing to leave listings running. Nothing in fees, but for sellers making dozens or hundreds of sales a day (I wish!) it's about time and streamlining procedures. Selling in several places makes this more complex, especially if they're using 3rd party sites/software to manage their auctions.

Ebid need to be looking at alliances with all the 3rd party sites they can. And creating an appropriate API may be relevant for this.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Lurker
    View Pendipity's Feedback (+191)
    All-About Pendipity
    View Pendipity's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ebay may be lowering listing fees but FVF are up by far more than the reduction.
    ie: my listing for £11.99 buy it now...used to be 35p now its 25p insertion fee...my FVF used to be 63p its now a massive 90p!! so ive saved 10p on listing fee but paid 27p more on FVF...total overall increase 0f 17p on this one item.

That's almost 10% fee overall before the paypal fees!

If you have a lot of stock of the same product, list on both sides with eBid cheaper - then when the product appears on google products, the eBid one will be listed first. Put flyers in your feebay parcels advertising the cheaper prices here and wrap them with eBid tape. Put an eBid signature in your emails. It takes a bit of effort, but both the buyer and seller can gain here as you can split the difference in fees saved - reduce the price a bit and save a bit.

Not only have you got the high final value fees, but you also have to take account of the fees paid for items which didn't sell - sometimes that adds up to quite a bit over a month.

Thread Information