Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 41 of 136 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Quote Originally Posted by firstballs View Post
    (many many ways to advertise beyond spending £50.000 on posters a court case would reach millions and bring to light the fact that ebid are wanting to become a big market competitior)
    That's a good point, firstballs. I wonder if you can do a 'no win no fee' claim. If eBid could be certain of a positive result, then the money spent fighting the case would also be used for advertising as well, so you'd get more value for the money!

re: feebay changes. Have they taken effect yet? I thought it was 1st May, but I'm still able to leave feedback.

Hi Silversnake welcome to eBid, OK to help you get started add a signature link to your posts read this thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959 then fill in some info on Your About Me Page. Perhaps buy a few things to kickstart your feedback over here ( I have some nice cheap prints ) have a look at my listings to see how I dealt with the lack of feedback problem when I started. Then email all YOUR (not Greedbay's they are a venue, they keep telling us) customers, and tell them where you are, give them a link to your listings. Grab the records while you can and from paypal records as well. That should keep you out of the pub for a bit, and shout if you need a hand. Additional body parts incur a small fee
    Last edited by kengillam; 3rd May 2008 at 11:38 AM.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View Opis's Feedback (+664)
    All-About Opis
    View Opis's Listings
    Forum Posts

They seem to keep changing the dates! No one knows any more what's going on anymore! And feebay spokespeople aren't giving much away, either through choice or possibly they haven't a clue what's going on themselves? It's seems to be getting a tad messy!

Quote Originally Posted by thecavern View Post
    Hi yes you could be right, its an animated gif quite tasteful but then my taste leave a lot to be desired, i tried to use the one on the front page the green beagle one and it does not work, so i presume thats its no animated gifs in the shops, and no excuse for twitching, i just captured 1 frame and uploaded that until i can get the shop filled, here it is and ifs crap say so i dont get offended
    http://uk.four.ebid.net/stores/Fine-China-Shop
    Hi Cavern,
    Sorry I've been a bit slow to follow up. Hope you spot this reply, this thread's rather active!

Took a look at your shop. I see the static image you're using. Can you point me at your animated image so I can compare?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Well turns out the date was Changed lol
    cause i know feedback the only change that has taken effect at the moment is

No sales of electronically delivered goods

the rest was meant to have come in from thursday but nothing.
    Personally i think they are aware of their wrong intended actions

I even spoke to them and they said they do not know a figure yet that you have to reach to be described as a business seller (it all sounds like they are totally worried and rightfully so)

The thing about the ebid.com domain is actually a big deal many people i spoke to gave me the following feedback

they tried to go to that ebid site and got sent back to epay

it shows you one thing never expect people to have the same level of understanding of anything as you do cause it is so obvious that the .com is fooling alot of novices

Smile

I'm an epay reject as well.. I used to love the place and love surfing and buying but now I would rather be here listing and buying.

I actually have every end of auction invoice for about the last 3/4 years so am tempted to sit down and send all my buyers emails about ebid.
    I did just do that on a few buyers from recent transactions in feepay.

For me it is just not worth selling over there anymore. ( I do have about three items running but after they finish, probably unsold, I will have to *Let Go* ) I just hope more and more people come here so we can give ***y a run for their money....
    As has been said on threads over there ***y started small and grew...

I am spreading the message around for ebid

sorry waffling on...lol

Forum Newbie
    View martonlad's Feedback (+1)
    All-About martonlad
    View martonlad's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Ebay REST IN PEACE......

I have been selling on online auctions for 8 years. Started off on Yahoo then when that closed moved over to FeeBay. Been on Feebay for about 6 years now. During that time the situation for sellers has really worsened. Not being able to leave a negative for very bad sellers has tipped me over the edge...Also being dictacted to that I HAVE to use paypal is another gripe. I am now in the process of closing down my eBay site. So, I'm a new member on here. I hope to start selling in the next couple of days....The number of people closing down accounts on eBay is inbelieveable. Get ready for the flood of new members on here....Theres more to follow....

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hellooooo Casamere & Martonlad

A huge welcome aboard........pssst, leave the door propped open for everyone else

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Hi martonlad and welcome to eBid, there is a post of mine a few before this onethat you may find helpful to read.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

There is one thing i notice though i think the need for a larger audience here is there

i also think ebid should really wait for epay to implement its ideas before they try any mass advertising marketing scheme

But its no doubt marketting is needed as i am yes selling all my stock on epay but i am paying them so much of my profitt there is no real reason to get negetive feedback from the buyers not happy

Thread Information