Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 42 of 136 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

View xstockx's Feedback (+7)
    All-About xstockx
    View xstockx's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Grrrrrr

Hi Everyone, I am also new and am hoping to move from ebay to here but am just a bit concerned about the amount of interest in this site!! Ebay is costing a fortune what with shop fees listing fees and final value fees it hardly seems worth the bothering so am hoping that Ebid will overtake them totally. Any news on any advertising campaigns at all? And wheres my free tshirt for signing up to the seller plus thingy!! haha

View 12bluefairy's Feedback (+26)
    All-About 12bluefairy
    View 12bluefairy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Just worked out how to put a link to my store. Gonna keep playing til I get it right. Then gonna get listing some more stuff. Happy bank holiday everyone!

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I spent a few minutes yesterday on other forums tha I subscribe to mentioning ebid.I know a couple of people have joined as a result and one or two have added other posts to my original comments.
    It really is up to us if we want ebid to take trade away from feebay and painpal, we can all help spread the word.
    I had a look through items for sale the other day and have already received one item at a price feebay could never match.I also notice more people looking at the items I have for sale than there were a year ago for instance.
    Has ebay shot itself in the foot this time?
    I hope so.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Baconsdoze...ensible-prices
    Last edited by baconsdozen; 5th May 2008 at 07:53 AM.

Unhappy How good is this site?

Hi All

Another PS shop owner from the other side.
    Nice to see I'm not the only one who's had enough.
    Just here having a look for an alternative marketplace.
    Feeling very grumpy at the moment with the latest round of fee hikes and other changes to the eBay site.
    I've no problem with the business thing as I'm registered but the feedback thing is a disaster waiting to happen and the fees are just getting ridiculous.
    So what is this site like?
    I can see plenty of stuff up for sale but is it selling?
    Where are the buyers?
    I have no choice but to keep selling over there at the moment as I need to eat,
    But I will probably start shifting some of my items over here in the next few weeks and give it a try.
    I really hope this site does start getting lots of buyers and give Feebay a run for their money.
    Dan

Welcome to eBid DanTheman3, OK you need a different stategy here than over on the Darkside, to help you get started add a signature link to your posts, read this thread http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959 , then fill in some info on Your About Me Page so folk know who they are buying from.

Perhaps buy a few things to kickstart your feedback over here ( I have some nice cheap prints ) have a look at my listings to see how I dealt with the lack of feedback problem when I started. Then email all YOUR (not Greedbay's they are a venue, they keep telling us) customers, and tell them where you are, give them a link to your listings. Grab the records while you can and from paypal records as well. That should keep you out of the pub for a bit, and shout if you need a hand. Additional body parts incur a small fee
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Hello DanTheMan3. Yes things do sell here but as Ken says, the strategy is different. This is a small but growing site and as a ps on the other side you will know that a new venture requires planning and a certain amount of risk.

If your main income stream is from sales on the other site then I'd recommend keeping that going whilst developing a presence here. There is a special offer on at the moment for lifetime membership and I'd recommend taking it up. That give you free basic-style listings and will give you a chance to set up your stores and experiment with different listing options, adding gallery and other extras as your budget permits.

The buyers like BIN options so many sellers add it as an option on their listings and it pays to use the dedicated areas on the forums to promote your listings. Do a search on the forums for more selling tips, including the criteria for google listings. There is greater flexibility for sellers here and if you are patient and determined I am sure that you will succeed.

Smile

Hi Bluefincircle.
    Thanks for replying.
    I will take on board what you have said.
    See you around.
    Dan

Hi kengillam
    Thanks for replying.
    I will take on board what you have said.
    See you around.
    Dan

Forum Newbie
    View Dr_SuSS's Feedback (+4)
    All-About Dr_SuSS
    View Dr_SuSS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default How do you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by astro941 View Post
    Hi, Ebay are down more than 3,000,000 listings since I started watching this a couple of days ago and still dropping. They were at 17,000,000+ when I fist logged onto the site they are now showing below 14,000,000. I'm not sure that I agree that this part of a normal business cycle. The Australian and US boycott begins tomorrow, it will be interesting to see if they hold it together.

Hi where do i go to watch ebay listing which are down. How did you find that out, where did you go? So interested.

Thread Information