Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 43 of 136 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Forum Newbie
    View Dr_SuSS's Feedback (+4)
    All-About Dr_SuSS
    View Dr_SuSS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks SaraMouse!

Would seem that feeBay's auction numbers are on the rise again.

Smile

They will be dropping again tomorrow when my auctions close and I relist most of them over here.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

It seems the shopping dot com listings have been re-introduced back into core

ebay forums and several eBay watching blog sites are full of the news and speculation has resurfaced that this is eBay padding the listings count to hide the effect of the seller strike and exodus.

Plus as the General Motors deal shows, eBay are courting the mass-listing corporates, so it can't be discounted that maybe some of that is beginning to take effect.

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think e... will do a lot of messing about to make figures look larger, but to be honest, unless we provide a viable alternative to both buyers and sellers, it isn't going to go to the wall. Or at least the people that can no longer afford to trade on there aren't going to come here, they are just going to find some other outlet.

It may be my imagination, but just as e... is trying to turn their site into a on-line store, then that is what we have going here as well. Yet again I am spouting off about the 'second-hand- sections i.e. Antiques/collectables/art etc. Still we aren't pulling in the number of sellers and subsequently the number of buyers that we need to in order to provide effective competition, and yet again, we are back to my old moan regarding repro.
    We simply can't be taken seriously by potential dealers when the categories are such a mess and inundated with the stuff, and you have to remember that these folk also buy new products for their own use. We are just cutting out a whole market section and not giving ourselves validity.

If these categories could be 'cleaned up' there is a host of people who would be more than willing to make the move over here and affect e...s figures drastically, but as it stands they know they would be on a hiding to nothing and they stay put ... or return over there.

Come on keep posting here on ebid we won't quit when we're ahead.
    Full speed ahead captain.
    See all the items up for sale this week at Crazymama's

http://us.ebid.net/stores/crazymamas

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not full speed ahead, in fact since the art/antiques section has been split I've seen sales fall to nothing ...
    Add on to that fact that if buyers browse the art sections they get an eyeful of repro and it's just a downhill struggle.

It's great if it works for you CM, but over on t'other side, I used to sell 90% of the weekly stock I listed, so something is not right on here for a lot of potential sellers and it needs to be remedied.

It's fine if people are leaving e... due to the increasing problems over there, but if they aren't coming here then it really is irrelevant.

Forum Newbie
    All-About selanbuy
    View selanbuy's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been trading on ebay for many years and used to love it, but I am more convinced than ever that they are trying to push out the small seller.

I have just joined ebid because I think there will be many more fed up ebay sellers joining here.

The next six months should tell.

I think the immediate road ahead is going to be bumpy, but sticking at it is what is required, too often in the past people have arrived on eBid not sold in the first 7 days and gone back to Greedbay. For this place to succeed it needs commitment from everyone, that is what a 'community' is all about, everyone pitching in to help improve things all round.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information