Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 53 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

View RockyWolf's Feedback (+1)
    All-About RockyWolf
    View RockyWolf's Listings
    Forum Posts

No we wouldn't be winding eBay up would we now what ever next !!! CLICK TO VIEW LOL my last two feedback left on ebay

I dont like that bidder 1, bidder 2 crap I mean I have two ebay accounts and would be very easy for me to get into shill bidding during one of my auctions I have never done this myself but know plenty that would not give this a 2nd look I have even had to ban a good mate who thought he was helping me out at one stage from bidding on my items on eBay after winning a car I was selling, I hit the roof when I looked at the winning bid... wasting my time as I had to re-list and then sort out the mess so I would not end up paying for the fees...fringing idiot but they have left this wide open to abuse if you ask me.

DONT CLICK THE BANNER BELOW YOU MIGHT FIND SOMETHING YOU LIKE

Forum Newbie
    View mikepayn's Feedback (+10)
    All-About mikepayn
    View mikepayn's Listings
    Forum Posts

Totally agree with everyone so far. My 100% +ve now dropped to 99.4%. Also since the new description system my sales have dropped from 60 plus a week to 5 last week!
    I'm in the process of moving over to eBid now!
    Hooray!

All-About RockyWolf
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikepayn View Post
    Totally agree with everyone so far. My 100% +ve now dropped to 99.4%. Also since the new description system my sales have dropped from 60 plus a week to 5 last week!
    I'm in the process of moving over to eBid now!
    Hooray!
    Welcome to eBid Mike "Not Just an Auction Site but a Community"

Dave
    Last edited by RockyWolf; 19th May 2008 at 03:53 PM.

Forum Diehard
    View ArtisanUK's Feedback (+49)
    All-About ArtisanUK
    View ArtisanUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm quite amused by the fact that due to their new feedback system quite a lot of buyers are now being banned from bidding.
    It's a pearler!

For those of you that haven't read about this, if you were a seller but stopped selling and limited yourself to buying (as I have) then your positive selling figures don't increase over the last 3 months and eventually neuts or negs tip the balance to get you banned for 30 days.

What a hoot - barring buyers!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyWolf View Post
    As John points out mambo or joomla you would need to know what you are doing both have very good plug in shopping carts but I was thinking that you could host though 123-reg.com have a site with a cart and they also will give you good support via there own forum .. you could have your own site up and running in about 2hrs using there templates..
    I wasn't thinking Jane would want a shopping cart on her site. Certainly not straight off.

I can't recommend 123-reg.com. They used to be excellent, then Pipex bought them out and the bean counters stripped them. I only had my domain registered with them, no hosting, but mid-November their DNS servers were out of action for something like 48 HOURS!!!

The result was, although my web hosting was fully operational, people couldn't reach my site. I had a greenhouse on sale on eBay that week, and because I take care to ensure people know what I'm selling, warts and all, I had dozens of photos on that auction -- the first I knew something was wrong was when I started getting emails from potential bidders asking me to send them the photos direct.

Even the best services may go down for short periods, despite loads of redundancy. But for something as utterly critical to the Internet as DNS servers, with millions of records on them, to be out of action for even an hour is pretty bad, to be out of action for over a day is just appalling.

Don't take my word for it, google around for 123-reg problems or some such phrase. The November fiasco is probably their worst incident, but it's not a one-off.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Forum Newbie
    View fox1uk17's Feedback (+24)
    All-About fox1uk17
    View fox1uk17's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Ebay Deserter

I do think that Ebay has finally shot its self in the foot, if not the whole body. Sellers can only stand so much, of being treated like the dirt on Ebays Shoes. I am now trying Ebid as an alternative, and so far i have been impressed with the site as a whole.
    I sell coins/collect, and the only concern i have is, when looking at other coins offered on auction, there is a lack of bidding or selling going on.
    Is this just early days, or does the Ebid site need more advertising??
    I am very impressed, that the item that you sell, appears also on Ebids overseas sites, top marks.
    I look forward to giving Ebid a decent go, and i hope that it is a long and fruitful partnership.

Forum Newbie
    Coalville, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
    View MarkMcGrath's Feedback (+3)
    All-About MarkMcGrath
    View MarkMcGrath's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Another dig at ebay

Yes the feedback thing is stupid even by ebay standards.In fact it's so stupid only ebay could think of something like that and think it's a good idea,do they use the same thinktank as this government do you think ??
    But the sad fact is that people will still use ebay because of one thing alone........you can sell stuff on there quickly and at a good price and unfortunately you can't do that on here,that is a fact.I know because I tried.
    Also who works out the listings on here ?? If I want to look for a mobile phone I want a mobile phone,I don't want pages and pages of stuff that isn't mobile phones,I want mobile phones !!!
    The forums on ebay are full of people having a go about the feedback,I've done it myself tonight but what will they do about it ?? That's right.... nothing.
    All I see on here are the same things as last year when I tried to sell on here,nice polite people on the forums but not many people with a high feedback score which means to me that things aren't selling.
    So until something drastic happens I will have to continue on ebay because I know I can sell just about anything I have and get a good cashflow,can I do that on here ?? No
    Sorry again,nice people here but the sales side is rubbish.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not many people here with a high feedback score. Do you know why?
    It's because most of the sellers here are from 'over there' and they choose not to import their well hard earned feedbacks over to here. They, including myself, decided it's best that we start all over again to earn our feedbacks specifically for this site.

As for not being able to find your item in the right place, wouldn't it be more productive and helpful if you notified admin about your problem so they can have the opportunity to correct/amend/add whatever is needed?

I was on the forums 'over there' reading all the feedback complaints, a lot of sellers % have suddenly gone down since the new feedback counter kicked into effect today for the US due to the neutrals now being counted as negs for the past 12 months.

I sincerely wish you all the best of luck 'over there' and I'm happy your selling successfully. As for me, I'm staying here, my sales are slow indeed, but I have saved myself a ton of money in the 3 months I've been here.

All-About RockyWolf
    Forum Posts

Welcome Mark and fox1uk17 list in your shops on eBid also sell a few things on eBay then send customers to eBid where you have lower prices than what you sell for on eBay as much as I am disillusioned regarding eBays crap policy
    you are going to have to play a close hand to get sells on eBid I have been running though the listing over here seeing what is selling and who is selling it and how they are selling it..Promoting your shops and trying to make eBid a household name all auction sites had to start some ware even in the first days of eBay how did they make it big I ask. Thats a right kick in the nuts from eBay regarding sellers that haven't listed then kicking them in the nuts as a buyer and banning them for 30 days losing more revenue for the die hard sellers that are left needing any sells they can get brain storm that one, I thinking someone's head is going to roll when this backfires on this new policy and start pointing the finger at there own board.. roll on lets see the great backtrack policy regarding there now exiled sellers.. any one like a t shirt saying "eBay seller in exile now on eBid" I have given up writing things on eBays forums a waste of my time too there closed ears over there .

Dave

DONT CLICK THE BANNER BELOW YOU MIGHT FIND SOMETHING YOU LIKE

Pontefract, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View astro941's Feedback (+27)
    All-About astro941
    View astro941's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMcGrath View Post
    Yes the feedback thing is stupid even by ebay standards.In fact it's so stupid only ebay could think of something like that and think it's a good idea,do they use the same thinktank as this government do you think ??
    But the sad fact is that people will still use ebay because of one thing alone........you can sell stuff on there quickly and at a good price and unfortunately you can't do that on here,that is a fact.I know because I tried.
    Also who works out the listings on here ?? If I want to look for a mobile phone I want a mobile phone,I don't want pages and pages of stuff that isn't mobile phones,I want mobile phones !!!
    The forums on ebay are full of people having a go about the feedback,I've done it myself tonight but what will they do about it ?? That's right.... nothing.
    All I see on here are the same things as last year when I tried to sell on here,nice polite people on the forums but not many people with a high feedback score which means to me that things aren't selling.
    So until something drastic happens I will have to continue on ebay because I know I can sell just about anything I have and get a good cashflow,can I do that on here ?? No
    Sorry again,nice people here but the sales side is rubbish.
    Mark, Your comments are welcome but let me try to set the record straight, You didn't see my listings here last year, I came here mid April, I have sold 4 items, there are 4 more items with bids. Compared to dirtbay the fees are negligible, for which I am grateful. Your comment has some holes in it, do you understand that you can list here free? If you can list free what is stopping you from listing? Folks here are driving traffic to this site, I have ebid links from BTsellingspace in UK and a link from Merchant Circle in US, recently signed up for Google checkout, looking at adwords and will remove paypal shortly from all of my listings. Shortly I will also be linking through another US organisation. Many other people here are doing similar things. Regarding buying from dirtybay, I used to buy many items but I will not ever again purchase from that site, I have emailed all of my suppliers to regretfully inform them of this and you would be surprised at the replies. I have looked at the forums on dirty bay and my opinion is that they are controlled by bullies and sycophants with vested interests, have you noticed how the small sole traders are shot down by the bigger hitters? Many of them, in my opinion with their heads in the sand. If you want to sell phones why not take part for free, make this site a success build your business here because as sure as eggs is eggs dirtybay will destroy it, like they did mine, I traded there as astro941 as here. Have you looked at Buyit.com on dirtybay, can you compete, will they get neg feedback? As for who runs the listings here just email community support, they will get back to you, yes with a real person with real answers. Come on in Mark, the water may not be as warm as many of us would like it but you are welcome and it is a commmunity here with a determination to succeed and build Ebid.

Regards

Les Smith
    Last edited by astro941; 19th May 2008 at 08:30 PM. Reason: typo

Thread Information