Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 54 of 136 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

View RockyWolf's Feedback (+1)
    All-About RockyWolf
    View RockyWolf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Has the eBay backtrak started !!! just got this email from them

Quote eBay

"Free gallery for the summer

From 19th May to 30th September 2008 you can add a gallery photo next to your listing on the search results page for free*.

So, now's the time to take advantage of free gallery photos and get your listings noticed. " how big of them lol

I won't be selling on feeBay any more, not that I ever sold much anyway. . .only ever the odd bit of spare stuff I no longer had any need for. However, I've always found getting bids for anything I've tried to sell over there to be impossible, with the exception of used PC components which mostly sell for a reasonable price.

I will continue to buy stuff on feeBay as eBid is full of car boot sale tat. And given the number of sellers with 0 feedback, there clearly aren't the buyers here.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RockyWolf View Post
    I have given up writing things on eBays forums a waste of my time too there closed ears over there .

Dave
    Don'tcha mean eyes Dave?

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RockyWolf View Post
    Has the eBay backtrak started !!! just got this email from them

Quote eBay

"Free gallery for the summer

From 19th May to 30th September 2008 you can add a gallery photo next to your listing on the search results page for free*.

So, now's the time to take advantage of free gallery photos and get your listings noticed. " how big of them lol
    Don't know why 'they' are doing the UK a 'favor' by offering a limited time free gallery????????????????? I'ts been free permanently for the US since January.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tattyteddyscave View Post
    I won't be selling on feeBay any more, not that I ever sold much anyway. . .only ever the odd bit of spare stuff I no longer had any need for. However, I've always found getting bids for anything I've tried to sell over there to be impossible, with the exception of used PC components which mostly sell for a reasonable price.

I will continue to buy stuff on feeBay as eBid is full of car boot sale tat. And given the number of sellers with 0 feedback, there clearly aren't the buyers here.
    Ahem, my items are not car boot tat and I am also a buyer as well as a seller

Pontefract, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View astro941's Feedback (+27)
    All-About astro941
    View astro941's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tattyteddyscave View Post

Why don't you try putting what you need in 'I want', I'm sure some of the entrepenuers here would try to accommodate you.

Forum Newbie
    Coalville, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
    View MarkMcGrath's Feedback (+3)
    All-About MarkMcGrath
    View MarkMcGrath's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Nice reply....thank you

Quote Originally Posted by astro941 View Post
    Mark, Your comments are welcome but let me try to set the record straight, You didn't see my listings here last year, I came here mid April, I have sold 4 items, there are 4 more items with bids. Compared to dirtbay the fees are negligible, for which I am grateful. Your comment has some holes in it, do you understand that you can list here free? If you can list free what is stopping you from listing? Folks here are driving traffic to this site, I have ebid links from BTsellingspace in UK and a link from Merchant Circle in US, recently signed up for Google checkout, looking at adwords and will remove paypal shortly from all of my listings. Shortly I will also be linking through another US organisation. Many other people here are doing similar things. Regarding buying from dirtybay, I used to buy many items but I will not ever again purchase from that site, I have emailed all of my suppliers to regretfully inform them of this and you would be surprised at the replies. I have looked at the forums on dirty bay and my opinion is that they are controlled by bullies and sycophants with vested interests, have you noticed how the small sole traders are shot down by the bigger hitters? Many of them, in my opinion with their heads in the sand. If you want to sell phones why not take part for free, make this site a success build your business here because as sure as eggs is eggs dirtybay will destroy it, like they did mine, I traded there as astro941 as here. Have you looked at Buyit.com on dirtybay, can you compete, will they get neg feedback? As for who runs the listings here just email community support, they will get back to you, yes with a real person with real answers. Come on in Mark, the water may not be as warm as many of us would like it but you are welcome and it is a commmunity here with a determination to succeed and build Ebid.

Regards

Les Smith
    Well it's a pleasant change to get a sensible reply on a forum,but the big fact remains that I list on ebay and I sell,I list on here and I don't sell,it's all about cashflow and I would rather pay ebay and know it will sell than list on here for free and have stuff sitting around for weeks/months !!! Who would you advertise your house with ?? The agent who is selling or the agent who was nice but didn't sell ??
    Anyway the way things are with ebay I'll be suspended soon because I negged a couple of non payers last week and they'll do the same to me and ebay will suspend me for non performing seller !!!
    The truth is I would love ebid to come good,I would love ebay to go belly up big time but until that happens we're stuck with them aren't we ??

Hello Mark, I am not stuck with eBay - this site suits me. You probably have different needs, perhaps a main income stream on the other site so cannot just jump ship.

Feedback is not such a big issue here - a lot of buyers don't bother with it so it is not a good guide to an individual's success.

This is a good site for sellers and there are lots of buyers, new, regular and returning. Treat this site as a long-term prospect, spend some time developing your presence here and I am sure that you won't regret it.

Forum Newbie
    All-About MarkMcGrath
    Forum Posts

Default Now I know why no one's selling

Quote Originally Posted by bluefincircle View Post
    Hello Mark, I am not stuck with eBay - this site suits me. You probably have different needs, perhaps a main income stream on the other site so cannot just jump ship.

Feedback is not such a big issue here - a lot of buyers don't bother with it so it is not a good guide to an individual's success.

This is a good site for sellers and there are lots of buyers, new, regular and returning. Treat this site as a long-term prospect, spend some time developing your presence here and I am sure that you won't regret it.
    The reason no one's selling on here is becoming more and more obvious to me now.....Price and greed !!
    I've just checked out some prices of things I may have been interested in.
    1st was a Nokia 6300 mobile,I sold 2 on ebay recently for 50 quid a piece,they were good condition and full working order,on here the only one listed is about 112 quid and it has a bid on it (thats got to be schill bidding,no one would pay that for a 2nd hand 6300 !!)
    2nd was an LCD for a Nokia 6101,now I can get one on ebay for less than a tenner,fitted,on here it's 35 quid plus and I'd have to fit it myself !!!
    I could go on but that's why people are trying here and then going back to ebay,people see those sort of prices and off they go rather quickly.
    And how would I go about putting a photo on my about me page,I can't find an upload button anywhere.

Forum Newbie
    All-About MarkMcGrath
    Forum Posts

Default this is getting stupid !!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMcGrath View Post
    The reason no one's selling on here is becoming more and more obvious to me now.....Price and greed !!
    I've just checked out some prices of things I may have been interested in.
    1st was a Nokia 6300 mobile,I sold 2 on ebay recently for 50 quid a piece,they were good condition and full working order,on here the only one listed is about 112 quid and it has a bid on it (thats got to be schill bidding,no one would pay that for a 2nd hand 6300 !!)
    2nd was an LCD for a Nokia 6101,now I can get one on ebay for less than a tenner,fitted,on here it's 35 quid plus and I'd have to fit it myself !!!
    I could go on but that's why people are trying here and then going back to ebay,people see those sort of prices and off they go rather quickly.
    And how would I go about putting a photo on my about me page,I can't find an upload button anywhere.
    And the ultimate is..............70 quid for a samsung D900 LCD for 70+ quid !!!! I can buy 2 Samsung D900 phones for that on ebay !!! What planet is that person on ?? And a w810i LCD for 40+ quid !!! Crazy crazy crazy !!!

Thread Information