Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 55 of 136 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMcGrath View Post
    And the ultimate is..............70 quid for a samsung D900 LCD for 70+ quid !!!! I can buy 2 Samsung D900 phones for that on ebay !!! What planet is that person on ?? And a w810i LCD for 40+ quid !!! Crazy crazy crazy !!!
    Well now, I can imagine your anger, but just think a minute, just imagine the competitors surprise when you outsell them if you placed your items here for sale at more reasonable prices Don't give up, take advantage of another's greed and use it to your own advantage here.

Forum Newbie
    View rosiemac's Feedback (+78)
    All-About rosiemac
    View rosiemac's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up

Jan, you are a very wise lady and I mean that sincerely, i.e. great advice regarding the mobile phones...10/10

And how would I go about putting a photo on my about me page,I can't find an upload button anywhere.
    Plenty of people are selling here.

As for uploading a photo in your all about,
    try this
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rosiemac View Post
    Jan, you are a very wise lady and I mean that sincerely, i.e. great advice regarding the mobile phones...10/10
    Awwwe shucks thank you Just common sense really I guess.

Forum Newbie
    Coalville, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
    View MarkMcGrath's Feedback (+3)
    All-About MarkMcGrath
    View MarkMcGrath's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Anger !!

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Well now, I can imagine your anger, but just think a minute, just imagine the competitors surprise when you outsell them if you placed your items here for sale at more reasonable prices Don't give up, take advantage of another's greed and use it to your own advantage here.
    It's not anger...its pure astonishment !! I've just checked my ebay selling now and 4 items sold today and theres over 100 quid going into my paypal account,they were only listed for 3 days too.Thats 3 days.......not 3 months.Sorry but I'll stay there....Goodnight all and good luck with ebid..I truly hope it takes off.

I have been here for almost a year and my feedback is 434 mainly from selling. All the feedback is from here.

I tend to do all BINs over here and auctions on feebay as you get more bids over there. A lot of the stuff I sell is from new buyers, so I think a lot of them get here from searching google products.

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's not anger...its pure astonishment !! I've just checked my ebay selling now and 4 items sold today and theres over 100 quid going into my paypal account,they were only listed for 3 days too.Thats 3 days.......not 3 months.Sorry but I'll stay there....Goodnight all and good luck with ebid..I truly hope it takes off.
    Congratulations! Really happy for you
    And good night to you to Mark, hope it all works out for you 'over there' especially the feedback stuff.
    We'll be waiting for you with open arms if it does turn out sour for you

View RockyWolf's Feedback (+1)
    All-About RockyWolf
    View RockyWolf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Jan you rock thank you for you have brightened my day and toycrazy has something good going on there well done !! just shows you what can be done with eBid but to have one finger in one pie in eBay get out and advertise any where you can better if its free i'd say
    Dave
    Last edited by RockyWolf; 19th May 2008 at 10:54 PM.

View Opis's Feedback (+664)
    All-About Opis
    View Opis's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ebid isn't feebay (thank goodness), it's small fry compared to them. This site is different, and takes a while to get the hang of, but when you crack it you realise it's miles better in nearly every way.

And it is growing at an amazing rate, week by week now. If I didn't truely believe that something very special is happening here, I wouldn't have joined up and put my items on. I try to make money not throw it away!

Oh, and to anyone reading this who hasn't joined ebid because they think there are no sales, I've sold more buy it nows this past weekend than I ever did on feebay. I simply passed on the huge savings I've made on fees to the customers.

Well chuffed all round!!

Pontefract, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View astro941's Feedback (+27)
    All-About astro941
    View astro941's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Well it's a pleasant change to get a sensible reply on a forum,but the big fact remains that I list on ebay and I sell,I list on here and I don't sell,it's all about cashflow and I would rather pay ebay and know it will sell than list on here for free and have stuff sitting around for weeks/months !!! Who would you advertise your house with ?? The agent who is selling or the agent who was nice but didn't sell ??
    Anyway the way things are with ebay I'll be suspended soon because I negged a couple of non payers last week and they'll do the same to me and ebay will suspend me for non performing seller !!!
    The truth is I would love ebid to come good,I would love ebay to go belly up big time but until that happens we're stuck with them aren't we ??
    Hi Mark, Thanks for you reply and I think I understand your position as for cash flow I understand it only to well, my dirtybay fees for April were just under £600, OK I was touching £3000 per month turn over at the end of the first year not bad for a new business, dirty bay didn't do that, it was me, my effort and hard work. It may not be cashflow that is the real problem it could be the amount of money you require to live and pay your bills. Have you considered how much profit you actually make after paying dirty and paypal fees added to your buying cost and other costs? It may be worthwhile reassessing what is worth what. I now do not have my eggs in one basket, I am my own master again and incidentaly my house is on sale through an online, one time registration fee, selling agent, when it does sell it will have cost very little to market the expensive item. Sod giving high fees to people riding around in mercs and similar who do very little for you. One other point I have to make about cash flow is that you can easily remove some of the figures that may be causing you grief, like stop buying, raise your profit margin slightly, spread you profile without cost, use ebay to drive customers to your less costly listings, look to the future and I am sure that you have considered the effect that Buyit.com will have on the electronical lines on ebay, wait till the next big boy is invited into the 'community'! If I was going to stay on dirty bay I would look at some power sellers feedback, identify their best selling lines then check their listings, source the suppliers and undercut them mercilessly using their listing design to do it but only stock the items that sell well and regularly. Tonight I had a look at a power seller who is selling similar items to what I sold on there he has 10 separate items identical to what I have listed here on a 30 day listing, according to his feedback he has not sold any, on Ebid I have sold 5 in that period, my listing price is cheaper that his/hers and my postage is cheaper than his/hers, my cash flow is ok and my profit margin is very good, and my stock is turning over, my costs are low and I don't eat beans. Where does this leave ebays worth To move some damaged stock I stood a carboot last Sunday, the first for some 15 years and my expenses where under £10 including fuel, the items I sold where damaged stock and some none damaged, the boot grossed £110, the 2 none damaged items fetched more than they ever did on ebay so £100 into the cash flow but the items are already set against tax as damaged write offs,. I thoroughly enjoyed the different morning and got away from the puter and I am pleased that none of those monies went into dirty bay and paypals pocket, there will be no negative feedback or reversals on payment. I think we all must be versatile these days and I am sure you can be but watch those fees because they are, in my opinion attached to an unfair contract which makes many people very vulnerable indeed. If I'm teaching you to suck eggs Mark I apologise but I feel very passionate about the ebay machine wooing people into the 'business' set up. I take a different stance, I have created a job, I earn enough to live on and sometime more than most but I don't want to be ICI or similar and finally I did win a prize once for boring for England and I am thinking of going International shortly.

Regards

Les Smith

Thread Information