Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 57 of 136 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

View RockyWolf's Feedback (+1)
    All-About RockyWolf
    View RockyWolf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ask the seller a question via there auction would be a good way.I also use skype in all of my listing so I can be contacted at not cost to the person phoning me this diverts to my mobile phone with skype on it..

DONT CLICK THE BANNER BELOW YOU MIGHT FIND SOMETHING YOU LIKE
    Last edited by RockyWolf; 20th May 2008 at 10:23 AM.

Reading the posts here I can fully understand the pro,s and con,s put forward by the posters,If online selling is the main income stream then obviously at this point in time feebay has the upperhand, but this is rapidly changing and at a fast rate. I can see no positives in dismissing eBid because of the lack of buyers as it is obvious to me that they are arriving, all be it spasmodically at the moment but that will change as the word gets around, especially now that the lads have some very good advertising going on on the web. Surely the way to go is to list on both sites but to put a little effort into making eBid work for you, and looking to build your business here, You get out of a business what you put into it. I am lucky in as much as I do not rely on my sales as my main income source, The items I sell have a specialized customer base and are also seasonal, But the main advantage to me is that I can offer items at prices that would not be viable to sell on Feebay, I will work towards making eBid work for me (if I don,t spend so much time on the forum) I think the main problem with the long term sellers on Feebay is that they have forgotten how much work they had to put in at the start to make it possible, many are worried about feedback, I started on Feebay with Zero, So I start here with Zero, I have faith in my ability to make it work for me ( I have been building and running business,s for over 40 years) so the challenge still gets the adrenelline going, so I will say to anyone coming over to eBid "You are the only ones who can make it work for You", Keep the income going over on the darkside, but build here at the sametime, the longer you leave it, the harder it will be . Sorry to rant on so much
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

My Daily Journal : my Daily Blog " Living with Dermatomyositis

Years Gone By My Genealogy and Family History store

Forum Newbie
    All-About martcl75
    View martcl75's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello everyone! Another refugee from the darkside! Finally had enough of Sbay! I look forward to watching Ebid grow!!

Quote Originally Posted by martcl75 View Post
    Hello everyone! Another refugee from the darkside! Finally had enough of Sbay! I look forward to watching Ebid grow!!
    Hi and a warm welcome to eBid
    Myositis in Focus : my website on the awareness of the Muscle inflammatory disease

Forum Newbie
    View kay110's Feedback (+3)
    All-About kay110
    View kay110's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Another newbie!!

Hello all - yet another one from the other auction site.

I'm still browsing round at the moment looking at how this site works, but it looks good from what I've seen.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know how many members are on here or where you can see how many? I bet if you draw a graph, its shot up over the last few days/weeks..

I look forward to getting started....

Quote Originally Posted by kay110 View Post

I'm still browsing round at the moment looking at how this site works, but it looks good from what I've seen.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know how many members are on here or where you can see how many? I bet if you draw a graph, its shot up over the last few days/weeks..

Hi Kay and a warm welcome to eBid. Hope you enjoy it here and be successful.
    Last edited by stampsulove; 27th November 2008 at 02:29 PM.

View RockyWolf's Feedback (+1)
    All-About RockyWolf
    View RockyWolf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kay110 View Post

Welcome along Kay110 Looking from the new shops that have opened and the number of listings I would say a big increase over the last two weeks but you could always ask the bosses as they are on this forum and post on here as well from time to time.. Unlike ebay where you cant find a human and they hide away
    behind there own forum just deleting topics and posts they don't like to read..

I can only wish you all the best with your sells and plug that the seller+ lifetime membership account that is on offer at the moment at a reduced price
    is the way to go just think how much you have given eBay and now PayPal as you have to use it each month eBid turns out to be a bargain at that price..

Dave

How do I get my free tshirt by the way LOL

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have a look on greedbay at haberdashery. It is full of classified ads.
    IMO given a little more time, more & more buyers & sellers will be coming to ebid. Greedbay IMO are in the process of elvolving into a search engine, advertising site, directing buyers to big Companies selling thousands of the same brand new shiny goods.

Who wants to look at pages upon pages of sellers ads showing the same sort of item over & over again.

Buyers will follow the sellers in time to find the items they wish to purchase. Just a matter of waiting for greedbay to put the last nail in the coffin.

I still sell a few items on greedbay until I establish myself fully here on ebid, then it will be bye bye ebay, then again being a low volume seller I will be one of the ones greedbay will no longer need.

SHOP LINKS.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...igner-Auctions

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...ntage-clothing

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...e-Collectibles

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...Vintage-Crafts

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Trina-Kare...tage-Bookstore

Quote Originally Posted by RockyWolf View Post

How do I get my free tshirt by the way LOL
    Hi Dave,
    support@ebid.net and give them your size

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Definately getting busier on here,more lookers and interest.It's going to take a while,no point looking for instant success but I'm sure things can only get better.

Thread Information