Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 59 of 136 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Forum Newbie
    China Grove, North Carolina, United States
    All-About bridalstuff4you
    View bridalstuff4you's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unless I have been misinformed and in which case I may be guilty of spreading false information :
    It is my understanding that eBay bought PayPal so as long as they are getting a percentage of our sales and shipping from any paypal transaction, they still profit on our labors.

My resolution is to find my way out of paypal as well as finding my way out of ebay as I have done today with my migration over to here - I have registered and am spending time reading the forums and other links here.

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bridalstuff4you View Post
    Unless I have been misinformed and in which case I may be guilty of spreading false information :
    It is my understanding that eBay bought PayPal so as long as they are getting a percentage of our sales and shipping from any paypal transaction, they still profit on our labors.

My resolution is to find my way out of paypal as well as finding my way out of ebay as I have done today with my migration over to here - I have registered and am spending time reading the forums and other links here.

and lots of us are now using google checkout cheaper than paypal and keeps the cash from going to ebay

yes they own paypal hence why people are being FORCED into accepting it on every listing

Quote Originally Posted by VintageHeaven View Post
    Hi, I am a silver powerseller on e-bay. Looking to move due to fees and new feedback rules plus crazy dsrs - you can tell that they are American based when they ask one to score either reasonable or very reasonable! Surely service is either reasonable or not! I have not decided whether to move to e-bid or to concentrate on building my own website, but will definitely watch the defection rates with interest.
    No reason why you can't do both and stay at greedybay as well. Nothing like sending lots of lovely repeat customers to somewhere there isn't any fees .

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bridalstuff4you View Post

I signed up to Google Checkout today, but it was hard work.

Paypal's too expensive but at least the interface is idiot proof.

Google Checkout is quite easy you'll find when you get going. Anything rather than Paypal, I also have Nochex if people want to use that.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

I've decided I love Google Checkout, it's just as easy as PayPal, and gives me a warm inner glow to know that I'm not giving paypal/ebay any fees.

Forum Newbie
    View gorgeousuk's Feedback (+3)
    All-About gorgeousuk
    View gorgeousuk's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 12w84 View Post
    Hi ,Ive just found and joined your website! Its wonderful I feel like Ive been saved from the clutches of eeeeeeeeeekBay!
    I just love the fact that two ex eeeeekBay sellers have came up with this site..
    Ive got lots of reading to do about this site,but so far it looks really really good and Im very excited about being able to sell again and feel comfortable in this "new for me " site..
    Must admit Im a bit scared though,Im going to have to learn the whole website process of listing and selling in here now...please tell me its not complicated.
    EeekBay! Is going to lose a lot of small sellers like me,Im sure they wont even notice,but they will do when the powers sellers leave.
    I cant believe how stupid EEEkbay is I used to love that blinking EEeeekbay! grrr! sob! :0(
    PS can I migrate all my items onto this site,and if so,is it going to be difficult..? Oh and PPS can i migrate all my positive feedback also?
    I have a million and one questions those two are only the fist..hehehe!
    Welcome to ebid, good to see another one on board, good luck to you!!
    Don't get too frustrated if you find things a little slow! It seems to be growing all the time so who knows.
    all the best!!!

Forum Newbie
    View gorgeousuk's Feedback (+3)
    All-About gorgeousuk
    View gorgeousuk's Listings
    Forum Posts

good for you, paypal fees are really heavy aren't they. Annoying because it is very convenient!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    I've decided I love Google Checkout, it's just as easy as PayPal, and gives me a warm inner glow to know that I'm not giving paypal/ebay any fees.
    Glad you love Google Checkout, I wish I could love it as well, but the bit about giving my SS# if I sign up worries the heck out of me. I'm nervous enough giving my CC details online, but my SS#................... very worrying......................

Thread Information