Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 60 of 136 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

View Opis's Feedback (+664)
    All-About Opis
    View Opis's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm nervous enough giving my CC details online, but my SS#................... very worrying......................
    What does ss# mean?

I don't remember anything about an ss# when I joined up

I'm a bit worried now!

Social security number, I think Google only want it for US signups, they have different regulations over there.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Social security number, I think Google only want it for US signups, they have different regulations over there.
    Correct

View Opis's Feedback (+664)
    All-About Opis
    View Opis's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ah yes thanks!
    I thought I hadn't seen ss# when I joined! Got very confused (doesn't take much).

Why on earth do they need a ss#?

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nibubble View Post
    Ah yes thanks!
    I thought I hadn't seen ss# when I joined! Got very confused (doesn't take much).

Why on earth do they need a ss#?
    The SS# has to do with tax declarations if you earn over a certain amount in a year online which Google have to declare to the IRS. But that's the least of my worries, I'm scared stiff about my SS# being abused especially identity theft which is rife over here. I hear so many horror stories of people's lives totally ruined by someone stealing someone else's SS# details and using it to their advantage. Once that happens, it's a very very very long and agonizing road to get your good name back into the good books and credit companies. It's a nightmare for the victims, just terrible, really really awful

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Glad you love Google Checkout, I wish I could love it as well, but the bit about giving my SS# if I sign up worries the heck out of me. I'm nervous enough giving my CC details online, but my SS#................... very worrying......................
    Do you use paypal? That's the one that makes me nervious! My paypal account was hacked (from paypals side- not mine). I had made a point of ONLY having my CC details attached to paypal- not my bank. Thank goodness for that, because it was my credit card company that noticed the unusual activities where sales were being debited from my CC by paypal over a very short period of time, and put a freeeze on paypal drawing any more. It was the Credit card companies warning that alerted paypal to the security breach- not paypals internal systems. The CC stopped allowing payments after 4 debits, and they told me on the phone that paypal had tried to debit a further 7!

Because the security breach was on paypals side I was fully refunded- but it helped knowing that if paypal didn't refind, i would be able to do a 'charge back' from my credit card company It would have been a different story if the payments were drawn from my bank - but that's why paypal try to make people have bank accounts attached to their paypal accounts!

I think I'd trust Google a lot more with my details than some of the government organisations we have over here, who keep losing them by the multi-thousands, and in one case by the 25 million...

I'm beginning to think that if your details aren't already in the public domain somewhere, it's down to sheer luck.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Bluegog100
    View Bluegog100's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Has Ebay Shot itself in the Foot

Yes, It most certainly has, I have been doing greedybay for 4 years now, Progressively getting harder to please and big whole in pocket, I have over 3000 odd feedbacks a few disgruntled buyers who left neutrals but no negatives. Since the incredibly unfair change to the feedback system where I was penalised for being human and some incredibly numperty buyers, I made up my mind to make the plunge and try ebid, so yes they are losing my money and loyalty, It works both ways in business. I know that a lot of sellers have gone, so I will give this a try, It may take awhile to become established I have a shop on ebay which I am closing as it is the same amount a month as this + more fees on top every time they relist themselves so I may as well transfer it to where it is one set fee for the month and no added costs if the item does not sell, Sound logical, so wish me luck.

Pontefract, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View astro941's Feedback (+27)
    All-About astro941
    View astro941's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegog100 View Post
    Yes, It most certainly has, I have been doing greedybay for 4 years now, Progressively getting harder to please and big whole in pocket, I have over 3000 odd feedbacks a few disgruntled buyers who left neutrals but no negatives. Since the incredibly unfair change to the feedback system where I was penalised for being human and some incredibly numperty buyers, I made up my mind to make the plunge and try ebid, so yes they are losing my money and loyalty, It works both ways in business. I know that a lot of sellers have gone, so I will give this a try, It may take awhile to become established I have a shop on ebay which I am closing as it is the same amount a month as this + more fees on top every time they relist themselves so I may as well transfer it to where it is one set fee for the month and no added costs if the item does not sell, Sound logical, so wish me luck.
    Hi Blue, Welcome to Ebid, Like you I have a strong sense of loyalty I came a little earlier to this place than you and I am settling in fine. I have not come here to try it, I am here permenantly, this is my trading base. My items are begining to attact some bids and the site is cost effective and pleasant. Check out the forums and ask questions and the folk here will soon put you right. Also you may wish to visit http://sellingbeyondebay.ning.com where some good advice and links can be found.

Regards

Les Smith

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegog100 View Post
    I am assuming you only have the seller membership. Why not go for the lifetime seller+ membership for 49.99? Would be much cheaper than paying a monthly fee plus you only pay 2% FVF when your item sells (if you use gallery - it's zero without gallery) (plus other incurred fees if you use other options ie bold etc)

Thread Information