Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 86 of 136 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

seller + is free.. when you pay £49.99 for a t-shirt
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

I agree, if everyone registered on here shopped on here, things would be a great deal busier.

The only thing is that it can get to be a habit, I seem to be spending a fortune, it's FUN browsing with no classifieds and no thousands of identical items getting in the way .

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I agree with your statements, particularly your LAST BUT NOT LEAST comment. I took the liberty of checking out your feedback & noticed you had all + feedback earned as an eBid buyer. I believe that strengthens your position to make such a comment. I'm a newbie, with low feedback on eBid as a buyer only. I am one of many who would be thrilled to make that first sale/get + feedback on eBid.
    Hi Burgy - No I only have 5 or 6 feedback points on ebid but I felt it was very important to get some points from buying - get rid of those ZEROS - show other ebbiders I am trustworthy - and support other ebidders who like me are just starting out on ebid. I am really looking forward to listing all my postcards on ebid - I have boxes of 'em and I am more than happy to pay a site like ebid who only expect to be paid on results. I must sort out my store categories and get scanning !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarius View Post
    Must confess, I've been lazy all flamin week just lurking around ebid and tying up final sales on the "other side". Just paid off all fees, so now.. (say it in a high pitch voice) "I'm freeee".
    That was soooooooo John Inman

Tatty had a bit of an idea while he was out and about doggie walking this morning about how we can advertise ourselves to prospective buyers, and he wanted to know what everyone thought.

What if sellers in non-competing categories, got together and arranged to advertise each other on their auctions? Perhaps a simple "Tatty Teddy is happy to recommend SalusLibrorum on eBid, seller of xxxx" and a link to their shop.

If nothing else, it might increase footfall on auctions where sellers are having trouble attracting lookers.

John Inman!! Thats the one, couldn't think of the name

I just made my first ebid purchase, easy peasy!

Salus - I AM buying!

Not having any effect on my selling though!! LOL
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

you all will go back very soon after e-bid has made a mug of you you mark my words if you think e-bay is bad well LOL

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mogcat22 View Post
    Hi Burgy - No I only have 5 or 6 feedback points on ebid but I felt it was very important to get some points from buying - get rid of those ZEROS - show other ebbiders I am trustworthy - and support other ebidders who like me are just starting out on ebid. I am really looking forward to listing all my postcards on ebid - I have boxes of 'em and I am more than happy to pay a site like ebid who only expect to be paid on results. I must sort out my store categories and get scanning !!!

Hi Mogcat,
    Once AGain I agree with your statement.
    I'm sooooooooooo!!!!! Happy Today
    GOT MY FIRST eBID SALE TODAY!!!!!!
    I WAS SO EXCITED I GOT SCARED AT FISRT & THEN HAPPY!
    The comments here are great! Let The buying & selling fever continue for us all! Thanks Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tattyteddyscave View Post

What if sellers in non-competing categories, got together and arranged to advertise each other on their auctions? Perhaps a simple "Tatty Teddy is happy to recommend SalusLibrorum on eBid, seller of xxxx" and a link to their shop.
    I can't see harm in it, but frankly I can't see what problem you're trying to solve with this. Do you believe that sales are being lost because people lack confidence in such sellers? (I'm assuming you would only recommend sellers with some track record so you felt happy to vouch for them?) In which case why would this work better than the feedback system?

Or do you believe that sales are being lost because people aren't being directed randomly around the site? Sorry, I just don't get it.

However, although I'm not comfortable about your solution I do think you're raising an important question -- are sales here as high as one would expect for the size of the site, and if not, why not?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have added new sellers links to my listings in the hope that it will help the new sellers get started on ebid.

Thread Information