Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 97 of 136 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

Weston Super Mare, Somerset, United Kingdom
    View WorleGirl's Feedback (+929)
    All-About WorleGirl
    View WorleGirl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by impne View Post
    I don't know if this has been said before but can't we start emails to spread to friends to get the word out about this site and bring people over from the mess ebay has become?
    I'm sure we are all trying!

eBid are also trying to encourage it with their BuddyPoint system which has a good aid should you start to send emails yourself.

Also, don't mention that e-word! Call it anything but, so long as they don't grab advertising space here (I'm sure someone else can explain this bit better than me!)

The other thing is trying to change the paradigm of customers who currently use the other side is proving quite difficult...
    Craft Clearout
    (Most new, some hardly used)

Handmade by Jenny
    (my hobby results in lovingly handmade items that need a new home!)

Music

All-About WorleGirl
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Maybe somebody should point out the five free stores for seller+ here?
    Here here!
    That's what sold it for me! You can pay a fortune on the other side just for one shop!
    Craft Clearout

Handmade by Jenny

Music

hi
    I'm also new to ebid yet another migrate from that unmentioned site to ebid lol
    tess

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlossomTree View Post
    Also, don't mention that e-word! Call it anything but, so long as they don't grab advertising space here (I'm sure someone else can explain this bit better than me!)
    I wouldn't necessarily say "better" but I've tried to explain it here: http://www.bykimbo.com/ebid/help/index.htm#nickname

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angelrosemarycards View Post
    hi
    I'm also new to ebid yet another migrate from that unmentioned site to ebid lol
    tess
    Welcome aboard!

All-About WorleGirl
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say "better" but I've tried to explain it here: http://www.bykimbo.com/ebid/help/index.htm#nickname
    Yeah...you were the "someone else" I was thinking of! Thanks!
    Craft Clearout

Handmade by Jenny

Music

Forum Newbie
    View Jons4521's Feedback (-1)
    All-About Jons4521
    View Jons4521's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Ebay has finally blown it

Moved here from the above named. Sick to death of their daft changes and rip off charges. Had shop, was doing well, until everything cahnged for the worse. I disgree with all the changes made on the above named in past year and that's why I am now on Ebid. I wish my buyers would follow me as well.

Forum Lurker
    View bedel's Feedback (+8783)
    All-About bedel
    View bedel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default bay ukscrapping store

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Welcome to the newcomers you may find it helpful to read this thread http://www.ebid.net/forum/showpost.p...postcount=5442

As regards Greedbays chnages I've just read on the forums on the US site that UK stores are being scrapped!

Hi
    Bay uk has scrapped he store listing charges and replacd them with buy it now charges so instead of paying 3 p per item it went to 10 p per item this is why i scrapped y ebay uk store it would have cost me £600 per month just to list :-((
    Derek

My latest update on this thread is that I have just had my second phone call from the dark side in 10 days, asking me if I would like any tips to improve the sales in my (non-existent now for about three weeks!) shop - like they don't know that! I won't bother you with my reply, but I'm obviously not the only person they are continuing to ring so I'm thinking that the effects of their changes have probably started to filter through to them thick and fast! I don't believe this will make any difference to their mindset though - they know what their ultimate goal is, shareholders have to be satisfied and the fact that small sellers helped them get to where they are today has little or no impact on this unscrupulous company. For those buyers who do want diversity and choice they will move to alternative sites - it will only be a matter of time before most realise they are being offered the same 'c..p' product at various different prices as they can get on the high street - that's even if they can find what they are looking for after the almighty 'search' changes in place now over there!!!!

They haven't got morons working for them as someone on this site has suggested, in fact they are extremely clever because the likes of you and I have done the dirty work for them, they just set us up with the unfair feedback changes, the price-hikes, the new shop systems, the unfair suspensions many have had to endure etc. etc - it was only a matter of time before we 'little ones' would up and take the open road - well I'm just hoping the road that company is planning on taking leads to a dead end! or preferably off the end of a cliff!

uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?words=redannigoni&mo=search&type=user

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Phias-Miniatures

Lots of handcrafted dollshouse items for you to add to your 'mini-world'

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jons4521 View Post
    I wish my buyers would follow me as well.
    Hi Jons. Nothing lasts forever, eh. Hope this isn't redundant to you but have you emailed your buyers from eBoy? Individual, personalized emails shouldn't be considered spam as I understand it, and very likely many of your happy buyers will be happy to hear about a refuge from eBoy. From a buyer's point of view, I would think eBid has the advantage because it doesn't discourage using checks and money orders (or even postage stamps), there isn't much sniping, feedback is editable, and in general people are more mellow.

Thread Information