Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 98 of 136 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Ebay Finally Shot Itself In the Foot?

My daughter got the same phone call last week. We only have about 60 items left in our store over there, will be moving them soon. She loved it . . . said it was wonderful having a chance to vent! The woman who called didn't know that we had ended over 400 listings there in the past six weeks. They're obviously not giving these people much information, just a list of telephone numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    My daughter got the same phone call last week. We only have about 60 items left in our store over there, will be moving them soon. She loved it . . . said it was wonderful having a chance to vent! The woman who called didn't know that we had ended over 400 listings there in the past six weeks. They're obviously not giving these people much information, just a list of telephone numbers.
    Wonder how long the list is?!!! lol! Wonder how many they will have left working for them by the time they get to the end of the lists!!! - wonder how much they are paying the callers for taking the verbals!!!

uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?words=redannigoni&mo=search&type=user

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Phias-Miniatures

Lots of handcrafted dollshouse items for you to add to your 'mini-world'

Hi,

I've been getting the calls for a few weeks now. I just say that the person they want isn't in at the moment! What with phone calls, e-mails and postal bits as well, they must be getting pretty desperate.

Forum Lurker
    View cruellady's Feedback (+42)
    All-About cruellady
    View cruellady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redannigoni View Post
    I don't believe this will make any difference to their mindset though - they know what their ultimate goal is, shareholders have to be satisfied and the fact that small sellers helped them get to where they are today has little or no impact on this unscrupulous company. For those buyers who do want diversity and choice they will move to alternative sites - it will only be a matter of time before most realise they are being offered the same 'c..p' product at various different prices as they can get on the high street - that's even if they can find what they are looking for after the almighty 'search' changes in place now over there!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by redannigoni View Post
    They haven't got morons working for them as someone on this site has suggested, in fact they are extremely clever because the likes of you and I have done the dirty work for them, they just set us up with the unfair feedback changes, the price-hikes, the new shop systems, the unfair suspensions many have had to endure etc. etc - it was only a matter of time before we 'little ones' would up and take the open road - well I'm just hoping the road that company is planning on taking leads to a dead end! or preferably off the end of a cliff!
    :: nods :: I've said similar elsewhere 'round these parts, and even my friendly neighbourhood SEO consultant, who doesn't buy online, has told me they've shot themselves in the foot by alienating the small folk.

likewise.

Cru
    x

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalistslibrary View Post
    Hi,

I've been getting the calls for a few weeks now. I just say that the person they want isn't in at the moment! What with phone calls, e-mails and postal bits as well, they must be getting pretty desperate.
    You're passing up a chance to have some fun! So often I've wanted to tell a company why I refuse to shop at their stores anymore . . . I'd love to have them call me and ask why I haven't been around. Unfortunately, my daughter's phone number is the one listed on our store, so she's the only one who gets to tell them what she really thinks!

Forum Newbie
    Stockton - On - Tees, Cleveland, United Kingdom
    View thebigjst's Feedback (+2)
    All-About thebigjst
    View thebigjst's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi All
    I have just managed to list my first 2 items on here and I should imagine that it wont be long before it is 200 then 2000. I have also rang a few friends who also sell on the dark side to tell them about Ebid.
    I must admit that it all looks a bit daunting at the moment as all the pages are so different from what I am used to but I suppose that getting my monthy fees down from £500 might be a bit of an incentive.
    As for the phone calls, I didn't get one :-( just an email to say they had tried to call ( yeah likely story ) My £500 a month, which will now be increasing to around £750 a month, obviously doesn't warrant the personal touch.
    Viva Le Revolution
    Biggles

View Golde's Feedback (+16)
    All-About Golde
    View Golde's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have also been getting calls and emails. I am not going to bother replying or give them any free feedback. I wont be going back even to buy.
    Best of all though....their share price closed today at... 19.15!!! The monster is going down, slowly but surely! When it sinks to 16.75 (and it will I think within a week or 2) they are back to Dec 2002 levels! There is no way back for them, and I hope they learn some hard lessons from it. That you can only manipulate people so far..
    Keep an eye on the Google Finance graph, maybe even post on the discussions on that page ; )
    Last edited by Golde; 2nd October 2008 at 11:54 PM.

Forum Lurker
    View GCTSpares's Feedback (+2)
    All-About GCTSpares
    View GCTSpares's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi -

I had a similar experience to another person who was suspended for 4 negative feedback and 2 neutral - we had sold about 300 items that month and had 99.4% positive. 2 of the negative were for items damaged in the post - just immediate negative no contact to let us sort it out! They then suspended all the family accounts as we are all associated - a real pain as that was our living.

We have also received calls about the changes being made to ebay about 6 weeks after being suspended - the person phoning said they were from another company, only employed to make the calls on behalf of e**y - if that's true I pity them as they'll be getting a lot of not very pleasant responses.

Any emails from e**y get deleted now without reading. You would think they'd know who they've suspended.......

I was a small seller over there for about 6 years.

I obviously don't merit the cost of a phone call, but I HAVE had an email from them nearly every day for the last couple of weeks - wasn't happening before!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Lurker
    View cruellady's Feedback (+42)
    All-About cruellady
    View cruellady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to all newcomers - the listing process/format is a bit different here, and as with any new site, it takes a little time to settle in. The more I list and explore eBid, however, the more I recognise that the management have learned from the mistakes of others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Golde View Post
    Best of all though....their share price closed today at... 19.15!!! The monster is going down, slowly but surely! When it sinks to 16.75 (and it will I think within a week or 2) they are back to Dec 2002 levels! There is no way back for them, and I hope they learn some hard lessons from it. That you can only manipulate people so far..
    Keep an eye on the Google Finance graph, maybe even post on the discussions on that page ; )
    Although this scenario is possible, share prices on established companies like Them are planing down generally. With the vote for the US rescue approved today, however, folk may take note of the big policy swing by Them, start removing small amounts of their funds and looking around for other, more dynamic places to invest their money for when the markets recover.

Cru
    x

Thread Information