Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Goodbye Ebay

Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View scanjet1954's Feedback (+1757)
    All-About scanjet1954
    View scanjet1954's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merlin_man View Post
    i wonder why it`s free to list well for one they have just been caught out adding over 1 million auctions that never existed during the boycott , 2 , with these listings now taken off site and ebay stocks sinking faster than the titanic it is now desperation stakes without those share prices that are usually above $29.00 they are in financial carp now a free listing day that will bump some cash back in , but not my cash more fool you if you are so desperate to hand over cash to people who are already multi millionaires i`d sooner give it to the small guys who treat the people that use their sites like people
    I heard yesterday that it was more than 4 million.

Quote Originally Posted by scanjet1954 View Post
    I wonder what the FTC will have to say about those "questionable" listings?! Could "Club Fed" be on the horizon for the 'bay execs (a la Enron and Martha Stewart?)

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

it could be but with the amount of listings just a few of these pretend sellers had i mean like 7-10 sellers it was over one million items so how many more bogus listing were there ????? impossible to say unless someone gets in and checks the books before they hidden away

Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View scanjet1954's Feedback (+1757)
    All-About scanjet1954
    View scanjet1954's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would be nice to find out exactly how many.......

I bet the shredders are red hot over there now
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Default Ebay Padding Lisitng Figures

It would be nice to find out exactly how many.......
    Here is an example-
    sdc_prod_434012 # of listings 35002
    sdc_prod_9124_14 # of listings 48395
    sdc_prod_9074_35 # of listings 21401
    sdc_prod_9452 # of listings 24501
    sdc_prod_301013_74 # of listings 27291
    sdc_prod_9352_67 # of listings 30278
    sdc_ prod_ 9055 # of listings 1925

Notice the familiar username. None have feedback and have no bid or buy now buttons. Ebay are also deleting any threads that are appearing in their forums about padding out auction numbers.
    For low price gifts that are suitable for pratically everyone !
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Riviera-Shades

Jazz your car up with these great accessories
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hartiff-Auto-Styling

Golfers..Have a look here for a wide range of golf ball markers
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Golfers-Corner

Not an ebid member yet? Click below to sign up.

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/normal....=register-main

I have sold almost 50 items here in only a couple of weeks. If you put some items up for sale they will sell. Have faith

Forum Diehard
    Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View BridalStudio's Feedback (+47)
    All-About BridalStudio
    View BridalStudio's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking Goodbye Vultures

I have done it...Whoopee

I have removed every single item and shut up shop....

Is greedbay in for a shock when, or if they read the requested survey....
    Asked for a reason to tempt me back... My reply was inevitable: free lising on every level...one off life membership, Oh! and I told them to get rid of the vultures on the forums....

Oh blimey, I feel all light headed, or is it the financial weight off my shoulders.

It's a great feeling insn't it, I felt like that 18 months ago.

If you ever feel like opening a store again read this
    -------------------------------------------------
    Once upon a time....I called the office of the feeBay Mall to see about opening a store there. Here's the transcript of my side of the conversation

"Good Morning, I'd like to open a store at your Mall"

"Yes, I understand you are just a venue, that'll be great"

"You want my credit card number first so that I can register...well OK, here it is XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX. OK, so I'm all set?"

"You want an up front fee for everything I bring into the store?"

"Ok, and then you want a cut of everything I sell, I thought you were a venue"

"Oh, you are just a venue, but then you want me to use your bank that's not a bank to process my customers' payments?"

"What? Sometimes I'll have to let the customer leave the store with the merchandise and afterwards you'll notify me that your bank that's not a bank is holding my funds for 21 days or until the customer calls in to say they like it. Is there anything else I should know?"

"As customers leave my store YOU will poll them to see what their reactions were - something called DSRs - and then you'll charge me more to sell my merchandise if they rate me me as merely good - 4 out of 5 DSR stars, anything else?"

"Oh, and you get to hang a RED BANNER warning my customers that I have problems outside my store if my DSR scores are only 4 out of 5, in other words merely what you call good? My goodness, is there anything else?"

"AND you'll place other merchant's merchandise in front of my store so that my customers see it first, and then my RED BANNER?"

"What else could your venue possibly do for me?"

"Oh, from time to time you'll let a deadbeat shoplifter come back in to slap me around in front of my other customers, and all I can do is say how much I liked it"

"I see. Let me get this straight, you are just a venue but YOU collect a fee everytime I offer something for sale, YOU collect a fee everytime I sell something, YOU REQUIRE that I process payments through your bank-thats-not-a-bank, YOU ask my customers how I did on your scale that they don't understand, YOU get to hang a RED BANNER in front of my store if my DSRs are merely GOOD, YOU get to place other merchant's wares in front of my store, and YOU will bring in shoplifters and deadbeats to slap me around with no recourse. Do I have this right so far?"

"OK, can you tell me what's in it for me?"

"Hello"

"Hello"

"Helloooooo"

"Anybody there?"

"What?, I can barely hear you, what? I have to supply my own Vaseline and smile too?"
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Diehard
    Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View BridalStudio's Feedback (+47)
    All-About BridalStudio
    View BridalStudio's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    It's a great feeling insn't it, I felt like that 18 months ago.

If you ever feel like opening a store again read this
    -------------------------------------------------
    Once upon a time....I called the office of the feeBay Mall to see about opening a store there. Here's the transcript of my side of the conversation

"Good Morning, I'd like to open a store at your Mall"

"Yes, I understand you are just a venue, that'll be great"

"You want my credit card number first so that I can register...well OK, here it is XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX. OK, so I'm all set?"

"You want an up front fee for everything I bring into the store?"

"Ok, and then you want a cut of everything I sell, I thought you were a venue"

"Oh, you are just a venue, but then you want me to use your bank that's not a bank to process my customers' payments?"

"What? Sometimes I'll have to let the customer leave the store with the merchandise and afterwards you'll notify me that your bank that's not a bank is holding my funds for 21 days or until the customer calls in to say they like it. Is there anything else I should know?"

"As customers leave my store YOU will poll them to see what their reactions were - something called DSRs - and then you'll charge me more to sell my merchandise if they rate me me as merely good - 4 out of 5 DSR stars, anything else?"

"Oh, and you get to hang a RED BANNER warning my customers that I have problems outside my store if my DSR scores are only 4 out of 5, in other words merely what you call good? My goodness, is there anything else?"

"AND you'll place other merchant's merchandise in front of my store so that my customers see it first, and then my RED BANNER?"

"What else could your venue possibly do for me?"

"Oh, from time to time you'll let a deadbeat shoplifter come back in to slap me around in front of my other customers, and all I can do is say how much I liked it"

"I see. Let me get this straight, you are just a venue but YOU collect a fee everytime I offer something for sale, YOU collect a fee everytime I sell something, YOU REQUIRE that I process payments through your bank-thats-not-a-bank, YOU ask my customers how I did on your scale that they don't understand, YOU get to hang a RED BANNER in front of my store if my DSRs are merely GOOD, YOU get to place other merchant's wares in front of my store, and YOU will bring in shoplifters and deadbeats to slap me around with no recourse. Do I have this right so far?"

"OK, can you tell me what's in it for me?"

"Hello"

"Hello"

"Helloooooo"

"Anybody there?"

"What?, I can barely hear you, what? I have to supply my own Vaseline and smile too?"
    Well handled Ken....Does put you off doesn't it

Thread Information