eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scrolling pics in listings ?

Forum Lurker
    View mikeandjane's Feedback (+70)
    All-About mikeandjane
    View mikeandjane's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks again, I have put it in as default, so it should appear on all new and re-lists

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wow, Seedstation...looks great!! And a big thanks to HannaHolly for posting the link to the gallery builder page...I'll be doing one up as soon as my new puter is up and running!

The Tattered Hydrangea

Forum Newbie
    View timdiecast's Feedback (+290)
    All-About timdiecast
    View timdiecast's Listings
    Forum Posts

What happens when you sell one of your scrolling pick items? Does the picture disappear?

Tim

All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

The way I'm understanding it, Tim, is when an item sells that's in the gallery, you would need to go to the setup page, and re-select items for it, C/C/P, and drop that new code into your default page...it is not 'connected' in any way to our listings....a little bit of an annoyance, but for now I feel the good outweighs the bad....Happy Selling!

Hi there

I've tried this a few times and I have tried 2 or 3 different ways of doing it and I can't get the scroll bar to show - it is either there in all it's html glory - or just a space! I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried editing one of my existing listings, listing a simular listing and even a brand new one and I still can't get it to work.

Any suggestions please?

All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrowlasCrafts View Post
    Hi there

I've tried this a few times and I have tried 2 or 3 different ways of doing it and I can't get the scroll bar to show - it is either there in all it's html glory - or just a space! I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried editing one of my existing listings, listing a simular listing and even a brand new one and I still can't get it to work.

Any suggestions please?
    Have you placed the HTML codes you got from the scrolling gallery webpage into your My Defaults section here in eBid? I'm kind of stabbing in the dark here not knowing if you are using HTML for your listings, WYSIWYG or what....I'm using the 'plain HTML' editor because I do my own HTML, etc....

I've placed the HTML code for the gallery in my defaults so it will automatically come up with each new listing.

Is this what you were wanting to know?

All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

BTW, I have been having probs with my scrolling gallery not showing up in my new listings for the past 2 days. I've written ISDN*tek who has supplied the gallery thingie and he suspects that there is something wrong with the listing editor programming here on this end. He looked over one of my listings and says that the script has been wiped...how or why I haven't a clue..............I started a new thread today here in the forum on that exact topic....hoping that Gazza will reply soon with a "fix"....AAAAAAAAaaaaack!!

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    BTW, I have been having probs with my scrolling gallery not showing up in my new listings for the past 2 days. I've written ISDN*tek who has supplied the gallery thingie and he suspects that there is something wrong with the listing editor programming here on this end. He looked over one of my listings and says that the script has been wiped...how or why I haven't a clue..............I started a new thread today here in the forum on that exact topic....hoping that Gazza will reply soon with a "fix"....AAAAAAAAaaaaack!!
    Thanks for this! I thought I wasn't doing it properly. I have put the code in just like you said and it is just a page of code! Prehaps this is what is wrong - not me?!

All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Jo, please go to "Problems With HTML Editor? thread (Website Glitches) and post that you, too, are having probs with the gallery script showing up....it's my original post of this...maybe Gazza will move this problem up on his list of "to-do's" and get a fix for us!

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Jo, please go to "Problems With HTML Editor? thread (Website Glitches) and post that you, too, are having probs with the gallery script showing up....it's my original post of this...maybe Gazza will move this problem up on his list of "to-do's" and get a fix for us!
    Hey Hey! It's working now! See here!

http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/auctio...7-1&mo=auction

Cool!

Thanks Gazza!

Thread Information