Thread: Recorded Signed for Post

Forum Lurker
    Littlehampton, West Sussex, United Kingdom
    View CoastalCoder's Feedback (+32)
    All-About CoastalCoder
    View CoastalCoder's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    Ive told my postie as ive known her for years to put them through letter box, or through the top window if large.
    If its your regular postie just have a word might be best.
    We did had the same postie for years... over the last year or so it's been a variety of people, one of which doen't even wear a uniform (or if he does it's under his own clothes), I can't really say if it's one particular one who doen't bother as he puts the letters through I don't see him...

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dont that for years here! Its Wrong as you pay for a service which is NOT carried out! If I wanted parcels shoved through the letter box or Worse left on the window sill then I would not pay for recorded!

Its ALL going to change if the rumours are correct and that Recorded items will be tracked the same way as the International ones are in the future...

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Funnily enough, my regular postie never does it. He knows that I am down at the post office every day. He leaves me a card with an additional note written on it along the lines "Sorry, but I won't be able to get it back to the po til x.xx am or pm"
    The problems here are when he is away.

Quote Originally Posted by CoastalCoder View Post
    We did had the same postie for years... over the last year or so it's been a variety of people, one of which doen't even wear a uniform (or if he does it's under his own clothes), I can't really say if it's one particular one who doen't bother as he puts the letters through I don't see him...
    I think that is part of the problem. A "regular" postie seems to be rapidly becoming a thing of the past. A combination of sick leave/holiday means that many of them do "double" rounds and they just can't be bothered to play it by the books.

Forum Lurker
    Littlehampton, West Sussex, United Kingdom
    View CoastalCoder's Feedback (+32)
    All-About CoastalCoder
    View CoastalCoder's Listings
    Forum Posts

I must admit that we never had this problem before when we had our regular postie, and he was really helpful.

The other thing that seems to happen now is ringing the bell and leaving parcels on your doorstep, I had this with several hundred pounds worth of IT gear...

Quote Originally Posted by CoastalCoder View Post
    I must admit that we never had this problem before when we had our regular postie, and he was really helpful.

The other thing that seems to happen now is ringing the bell and leaving parcels on your doorstep, I had this with several hundred pounds worth of IT gear...
    They left over £500 of gear on my doorstep back in November and "signed" with my hubbies name. I was livid.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

My regular postie never does this.

It only happens when he is on holiday or off sick.

Several times I have been handed parcels and only noticed the recorded delivery sticker when I have gone back indoors

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

very rare now for anyone to sign for parcel unless it`s special delivery i only use 1st class and sd now your paying for nothing with signed for even our posty said it`s a waste of time

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Coastaltrader, Yes you shoud definately report it, I had an incident a few years ago where this happened to me. Reported it and never saw the person who did it again, if he had rung the bell as he should have I was in.

He/she derserves everything they get, by not reporting it you make the situation worse.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

RD is pants. I have had a couple just go missing. Nobody knows where they are. Apparently they are getting rid of RD eventually (which will be great fun when you get idiots over on fleabay making chargebacks as hobby)
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

Thread Information