My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paypal micro accounts ??? HELP

You don't HAVE to have a separate bank account. You need just one bank account. There's nothing stopping you from 'disconnecting' that one bank account from one PayPal account and then 'connecting' it to the other. That's if you want to have a bank account connected to PayPal at all: I don't have mine connected, because of all the horror stories I've heard about PayPal sucking all the money from your bank, either because they've made a mistake or because someone has hacked your PayPal account. Of course this means that I can't withdraw money until I 'reconnect' a bank account - but then if I really do need to do that I can just as easily disconnect the bank account again after I've withdrawn funds. Meanwhile, I use the funds in my PayPal account to buy stuff...
    Why use QWERTY? Get Broadband for your Fingers with Dvorak SKL!

Quote Originally Posted by sdk View Post
    You don't HAVE to have a separate bank account. You need just one bank account. There's nothing stopping you from 'disconnecting' that one bank account from one PayPal account and then 'connecting' it to the other. That's if you want to have a bank account connected to PayPal at all: I don't have mine connected, because of all the horror stories I've heard about PayPal sucking all the money from your bank, either because they've made a mistake or because someone has hacked your PayPal account. Of course this means that I can't withdraw money until I 'reconnect' a bank account - but then if I really do need to do that I can just as easily disconnect the bank account again after I've withdrawn funds. Meanwhile, I use the funds in my PayPal account to buy stuff...
    They told me i needed another one as i was going to use both micro and the normal expensive one.

They fibbed.

Let's put it this way: I have one bank account and:

A personal PayPal account
    A standard PayPal account
    A micropayments PayPal account
    Why use QWERTY? Get Broadband for your Fingers with Dvorak SKL!

View deelancs's Feedback (+670)
    All-About deelancs
    View deelancs's Listings
    Forum Posts

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH I rang pa**al yesterday oh what great fun and joy that was NOT I spoke to "someone" called Patrick [after 5mins of recorded gobbledegook] actually the gobbledegook was about 2mill times more sensible than the said Patrick.I mentioned micropayments and his reply was on the lines of are you sure? yes says I and quoted the fees for same. Oh No says he its 3.4% plus 20p yes says I thats for standard I want micro ones after several mins of this I says to him look you work for them surely you know what they offer, yes says he Was quiet glad when he said best we get some one from service dept to speak to you and gave me a number that was not a UK one so asked where would this number take me to the service dept says he yes says I but on which planet???? any way then he asks for my email address so I say which one the one you asked me to confirm at the start of this conversation yes says he I came back with well dont you think you have my email address on screen yes says he then total silence think im just about to give up. But will email one more time with complaint and that Im buying them NOmore biscuits till its sorted.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Interesting but not the one I was thinking of. I'll have a paddle too!

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

another one blow this one Kim

Quote Originally Posted by deelancs View Post
    But will email one more time with complaint and that Im buying them NOmore biscuits till its sorted.
    Any joy, dee? As I am thinking maybe of using Paypal again

I already have a Personal account and a Premier account linked to differerent bank accounts for withdrawals only.

I use my credit card to back payments made from the Premier account.

I used huddylion's link and was able to convert one of my two business accounts to micro-payments (having tried in vain last year to convert one of the accounts to a personal account, by phone).
    Thanks for that huddy, seemed to work very easily.

I'm in Euro-land so I will now be paying 5% + 5c instead of 3.4% + 35c and I've calculated that will save me money on any payment under €19, if that helps anyone else decide if it's worth their while.

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

Thread Information