Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What happened to thread about PowersellersElite

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    I do and have made a good friend out of it one of my repeat customers , i sell to anyone who wants to buy from me
    Ok - this probably doesnt sound like a big deal but I have bought from two people from America - both very friendly and helpful sellers.

As I type, a candle is flickering away in my black cat candle holder and the gorgeous pot pourri holder is going in with my lovely mum's Yule gifts

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysway View Post
    Why are you going off topic?

Because we can

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paully58 View Post
    gramma1111,
    I was not on here at the time you put your comment about me so was unable to return the compliment then but I can certainly do that now, firstly I'm someone who speaks their mind and if someone doesn't like that they, like me have 2 choices as to what to do about it, now I don't know if the following comment you made was aimed at me (" I think the pot here is calling the kettle black".) but until you tell me if it is I will leave that for now,yes gramma you are right at present I don't sell to America in fact I only sell to the UK my reason behind this is that in case you haven't noticed I'm new to selling on here and unlike you I haven't had almost six months of being a member here selling, if you look in my store you will see its in a right mess at present as I'm still trying to get thing's right,Why do you find the fact of me not selling in other countries strange?? is that a complusory thing that we have to sell to other countries even if we don't want to or do we still have freedom of choice?? anyway for yours or anybody else's information I'm an open book as to how I intend operating here so I will tell you why I don't sell in other Countries, it's because as I said for one I'm new here and thought I would start by just selling in the UK, secondly I sell via Dropshipping and some of my suppliers don't ship abroard which means if I use these suppliers I would need to have good shipped to me then dispatch them myself which kind of defets the object of dropshipping don't you think, having said that a lot of my suppliers do ship abroard which is good as I do intend to sell to all countries when I can find out how to calculate shipping costs and times, anyway if you have any other problems gramma then please let me know and I will be happy to give you my thoughts on it, can I just say I'm not shouting or having a go at you I'm just trying to explain thing's to you I don't wish to upset anyone but this is just the way I was brought up to speak your mind and if you have something to say say it clearly so there is no missunderstandings as to what you mean.
    paully58
    Thank you for your post. I appreciate people that speak their mind because fortunately or not, I do also. Gets me in trouble sometime but sobeit. I truly am a gramma, with 8 grandchildren and a greatgrandchild. I found a dress in your shop that I truly loved, and would have been able to purchase in two of my grandaughters sizes. When I tried to buy, I found that you do not sell to the U.S. Why is this strange? At the time you were having quite a go at Lofty, about his so called problems with foreigners. Which is not true, but again sobeit. Yes the remark "the pot calling the kettle black" was concerning you because I felt that you are going at Lofty for supposed issues with foreiners, and here you are not selling to the U.S. You can imagine my surprise at that. To address the issue of shipping, You have a website in Great Brittain, which I'm sure some can tell you what it is, that gives you the shipping totals to the U.S. If you can't find it ask. Someone here can tell you. If you decide to sell to the U.S. within the next few days let me know. I would still like to have those dresses. If I can answer any other questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.

View paully58's Feedback (+3)
    All-About paully58
    View paully58's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello gramma,
    like you I'm also a grandparent but a grandad not gramma thats the wifes job but only to one beautiful 2 yr old grandaughter but we are expecting the arrival of 2 more grandchildren one is due on 9th dec and the other in april that's enough for now as I'm only 50 and the wife is only 45 any more than that and we would feel older than we already do anyway back to the point, thank you for your reply with regard to lofty the reason I was having a go was because each time he mentioned the subject of this thread he kept on about how Mr Scampo nad the fact that he was from Italy as if he was implying that people from any other country can't be trusted and that it must be a scam because Mr Scampo didn't write his words correctly in english which I thought was most unfair when a lot of people can't spell properly I'm even guilty of that on occassions anyway I think that subject has now run its course so I think it should be put to bed now especially as Mr Scampo has even wrote on here to try and explain himself, anyway I'm glad you like some of the dresses that I have in my store and would be more than happy to sell you a couple if you wish to have them,like I said I don't know any shipping costs at present but will do my best to find out once I finish this to you I will go to the correct threads and see what I can find out once I have done that I will let you know on this thread or send you a message to let you know then I will change my listings to include shipping to other countries.
    paully58

Forum Diehard
    View gramma1111's Feedback (+746)
    All-About gramma1111
    View gramma1111's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good for you and thank you. Do a google seach on Royal Post, that may get you there.

www.seajays.org.uk

This is an excellent and accurate postage calculator for UK- based sellers.
    Just enter the weight, then choose from what is shown.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I maybe wrong, but the only time I remember mentioning about Italy was when I mentioned the illogical decision to want payment in a foreign currency. Thereby incurring a conversion charge with EVERY transaction, (that must surely push up costs when it could be avoided).

Paully, the only difference with selling outside the UK is the fact that you will need customs documentation. And a currency conversion system. Also it is best to warn your foreign customers up front that there maybe customs fees added on. Also that these are the responsibilty of the buyer.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

All-About paully58
    View paully58's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    I maybe wrong, but the only time I remember mentioning about Italy was when I mentioned the illogical decision to want payment in a foreign currency. Thereby incurring a conversion charge with EVERY transaction, (that must surely push up costs when it could be avoided).

Paully, the only difference with selling outside the UK is the fact that you will need customs documentation. And a currency conversion system. Also it is best to warn your foreign customers up front that there maybe customs fees added on. Also that these are the responsibilty of the buyer.
    lofty either of us could be wrong on that and to be honest I for one can't be bothered to search through all 6 pages just to see what was or wasn't said but as I said to gramma in reply to her last message "the reason I was having a go was because each time he mentioned the subject of this thread he kept on about how Mr Scampo nad the fact that he was from Italy as if he was implying that people from any other country can't be trusted and that it must be a scam because Mr Scampo didn't write his words correctly in english which I thought was most unfair when a lot of people can't spell properly I'm even guilty of that on occassions" and I stand by that but like I also said he wrote on here to explain himself including why he used US currency rather than his own.
    Anyway again like I said to gramma I think that topic of conversation has now run it's course and should be put to bed, don't you agree?.
    Thanks lofty for the information regarding Customs Documentation isn't that rather complicated? just for sending clothing to other countries? I saved a currency converter site called XE Currency converter to my favorites list its a web site I was using to work out the rates for my holiday to norway next year so hopefully that will do the job?, I will put that message regarding custom fees but won't that put some off of buying from you?
    Paully58

All-About paully58
    View paully58's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    www.seajays.org.uk

This is an excellent and accurate postage calculator for UK- based sellers.
    Just enter the weight, then choose from what is shown.
    Thanks judiesnicethings,
    I was given that site from the postage and packing thread and I had a look here is a copy of my reply to those that gave advice from there "thanks again for your help,looking at the site you gave me bookshed it will be £1.65 as mine will be small package price as I will only be sending clothing which should come in that price bracket,yet yours dropsies2 say's £2.80 to £6.30 that's a big difference, I will only be sending clothing that I wouldn't think would be more than 20kg so maybe I got it wrong I don't know", anyway with that and what lofty has said here regarding sending to other countries it looks more and more confusing as I go but I'm sure it's not really, I just want to get it right before I start selling to other countries I would hate to get it wrong or overcharge for postage then either lose sales or get complaints.
    paully58.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes Pally I think it has run it's course.

About the currency conversion, I think you misunderstood, I meant about converting the $ that would come into your possesion into £. If Gramma (or anyone else was to pay through Poopal I think they include the conversion in the transaction.

The cheapest method of conversion I have found is www.auctionchex.com
    If you are sent cheques or money orders they can cash them on your behalf, but it is slow (around a month). This is because they (quite understandably) wait for the cheque/MO to clear in their account before paying out on it. I've not used it myself yet but have only heard good things about them.

Beware though if you do the exchange through your bank (quicker)they will really siting you with charges to compensate.

As for the customs paperwork there is nothing to it: you just have to fill out what the contents of the package, the weight and it's value. Some folks ship things as "gifts" to avoid possilble charges, but the downside to this is that you will get hammered if the customs people find out you are deceiving them.
    Last edited by lofty100e; 28th November 2008 at 10:26 PM.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thread Information