eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: What happened to thread about PowersellersElite

View paully58's Feedback (+3)
    All-About paully58
    View paully58's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    Yes Pally I think it has run it's course.

About the currency conversion, I think you misunderstood, I meant about converting the $ that would come into your possesion into £. If Gramma (or anyone else was to pay through Poopal I think they include the conversion in the transaction.

The cheapest method of conversion I have found is www.auctionchex.com
    If you are sent cheques or money orders they can cash them on your behalf, but it is slow (around a month). This is because they (quite understandably) wait for the cheque/MO to clear in their account before paying out on it. I've not used it myself yet but have only heard good things about them.

Beware though if you do the exchange through your bank (quicker)they will really siting you with charges to compensate.

As for the customs paperwork there is nothing to it: you just have to fill out what the contents of the package, the weight and it's value. Some folks ship things as "gifts" to avoid possilble charges, but the downside to this is that you will get hammered if the customs people find out you are deceiving them.
    Thanks lofty,
    I use poopal as you call them I've not had any probs with them to date, I also use google checkout and of course Cheques/postal orders but will give auctionchex a look, do I need to list in different currencies or is that done automatically.
    paully58
    Last edited by paully58; 28th November 2008 at 10:33 PM.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

when ive shipped to the US on feebay paypal do the currencie conversion, so no problems there, i shipped a lot of glass items witch the customs at there end never opened [ that may of been because glass would of been a hassel for them to rewrap carefully]
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

The reason I refer to the payment in that way is that anything typed in
    these forums is picked up by search engines. Those engines generate the adverts you see to the left of the page. That is why so many of us refer to the other website and it's partners by other names, to cut the publicity for them (as well as to show contempt).

To sell internationally you do not need to change currencies, just put a tick in the relevant box for the Countries you choose to post to.

Some people log how much the postage will cost for each Country, but that is a personal decision to make for you. I along with others list as "postage unknown" asking for the potential buyer to ask for postage costs. The reason I do this is that I have a large number of listings and come April that would mean 360 x however many postage options to change.

With the currency it will show as £ to you, but if you click into Grammas' store you will see what happens to foreign listings. Her's will be listed in $ with a figure in brackets showing the price in your currency.

If you click into Bykimbo's forum signature you will find a help file which should give you all the info you need on how to do these listings.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

All-About paully58
    View paully58's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    The reason I refer to the payment in that way is that anything typed in
    these forums is picked up by search engines. Those engines generate the adverts you see to the left of the page. That is why so many of us refer to the other website and it's partners by other names, to cut the publicity for them (as well as to show contempt).

To sell internationally you do not need to change currencies, just put a tick in the relevant box for the Countries you choose to post to.

Some people log how much the postage will cost for each Country, but that is a personal decision to make for you. I along with others list as "postage unknown" asking for the potential buyer to ask for postage costs. The reason I do this is that I have a large number of listings and come April that would mean 360 x however many postage options to change.

With the currency it will show as £ to you, but if you click into Grammas' store you will see what happens to foreign listings. Her's will be listed in $ with a figure in brackets showing the price in your currency.

If you click into Bykimbo's forum signature you will find a help file which should give you all the info you need on how to do these listings.
    Thanks for that lofty I will check out bykimbos forum on it and start posting for other countries as you do to start thanks again lofty and thanks for your respons too sidthelamp.
    paully58

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

thats ok paully58 hope shipping to US and other countries works out for you,

All-About paully58
    View paully58's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gramma1111 View Post
    Good for you and thank you. Do a google seach on Royal Post, that may get you there.
    Hi again gramma,
    have had help from people here that has been great and useful but still not sure what to put regarding postage cost as yet from what I can make out it's going to cost £5.20 postage but as I'm not exactly sure on that I will put postage not known until I know for sure anyway which dresses were you looking at and I will do them for you with post at £5.20 if thats ok with you?
    paully58
    Last edited by paully58; 29th November 2008 at 12:24 AM.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

as regard posting to US paully58 until i new the exact cost of a item to ship i would work it out the best i could with the royal mail PRICING MADE EASY booklet add a bit on to cover PP then ship if i was over the real cost by more than say a squid i would refund the difference via paypal to the buyer i always do this straight after posting with a note to explain, never had a unhappy buyer on that score

All-About paully58
    View paully58's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    as regard posting to US paully58 until i new the exact cost of a item to ship i would work it out the best i could with the royal mail PRICING MADE EASY booklet add a bit on to cover PP then ship if i was over the real cost by more than say a squid i would refund the difference via paypal to the buyer i always do this straight after posting with a note to explain, never had a unhappy buyer on that score
    Thanks for that sid the lamp I think that might be what I do cheers
    paully58.

Thread Information