eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Would anyone else like to know....

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I've often wondered how it's supposed to be pronounced. I'd thought maybe burg-yeb, but I guess not if the "burgy" is to represent burgundy? burgy-ebb, burgy-ee-bee? Help!
    Burgy = Burgundy
    Eb = eb (like "eb"bing tides of water
    Pronounciation = "Burgeeeeee eb"

Note: Was doing a word search this am in the Lexicon Webster Dictionary for a different word and ran into the following:

burg - "a fortress or fortified town of early and medieval times"

burgage - "Law in England, a tenure, whereby...citizens...held their lands...of the king or other lord for a yearly rent; in Scotland, that tenure....was held under the crown."

burgee - "A three cornered or swallow-tailed pennant used as a distinquishing flag on merchant ships and yachts."

STRANGE

I selected my online name because I liked the color burgundy, water and the seashore, and because "eb" sounded somewhat British to me. However, I was not familiar with the words above, and they all are quite United Kingdom.

STRANGE I SAY! IN A NICE WAY!

~Burgyeb~

P.S. My son was born in Oxford, England, and Quad was kind enough to add him to the map of Ebid Members as "Burgyeb's Son".

I found my son's birthdate listed among the copyright dates in the dictionary I used.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChameleonSystems View Post
    I'm one of the boring ones...

Chameleon Systems formerly Chameleon Software. Started writing bespoke software for small companies in 1986 after returning to my home county when my student days were over. Went on to sell computers, software etc soon after.

Chameleon was chosen because the software was made to fit/adapt to how my customers run their business (not the other way round as with 'off the shelf' software).
    I don't know about boring! I wouldn't have figured out the Chameleon bit

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Burgy = Burgundy
    Eb = eb (like "eb"bing tides of water
    Pronounciation = "Burgeeeeee eb"

Note: Was doing a word search this am in the Lexicon Webster Dictionary for a different word and ran into the following:

burg - "a fortress or fortified town of early and medieval times"

burgage - "Law in England, a tenure, whereby...citizens...held their lands...of the king or other lord for a yearly rent; in Scotland, that tenure....was held under the crown."

burgee - "A three cornered or swallow-tailed pennant used as a distinquishing flag on merchant ships and yachts."

STRANGE

I selected my online name because I liked the color burgundy, water and the seashore, and because "eb" sounded somewhat British to me. However, I was not familiar with the words above, and they all are quite United Kingdom.

STRANGE I SAY! IN A NICE WAY!

~Burgyeb~

P.S. My son was born in Oxford, England, and Quad was kind enough to add him to the map of Ebid Members as "Burgyeb's Son".

I found my son's birthdate listed among the copyright dates in the dictionary I used.

Thank you for all that, fascinating, and I feel I can now read your ID and be happy I'm thinking your name correctly! FYI in case you didn't know, burgee is the only one of those words with a soft G. So you could become bur-jee-ebb if you ever fancy a pronunciation change.

My stage name and year i was born

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

A good year I have been told

Well here's an obvious one too - Crowlas is the village I live in (Cornwall) and I was going to call myself CrowlasCards but I thought there are other crafts I like to do and I may start selling them etc etc at some time in the future so CrowlasCrafts it has become.

Not very interesting I am afraid - but I have enjoyed reading everyones posts - even if this has been done before - some of us are getting a little forgetful and need reminders now and then!!

Prevoius thread is here: http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=97554
    Last edited by CrowlasCrafts; 15th December 2008 at 10:07 PM.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think this thread is very interesting. Thanks for starting it Meebo. I chose my user name so my husband could remember it! He dosen't do much on the computer and usually has me sign in for him when he decides to take a look at something. He hasn't spent much time on eBid because the few times he looked he didn't find anything of interest to him so guess I could have chosen anything I wanted to.

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Your husband sounds like mine when it comes to computers. I have to switch it on for him!! and he is the one that did a 3 months course.

Redmerlin777

I Love red kites and merlins (raptors or birds of prey)
    I Love the ledgends of Merlin. He is my Hero...He was for real way back in Roman British era and must have been a fascinating person. He may have been a druid... Such a wise and intelligent man but like us all, had great human failings...I wonder if he will ever awake from his enchanted sleep?

So that accounts for the redmerlin bit.....
    777 is a perfect number....
    7 is lucky
    Triple 7 extra lucky and most important of all...
    Is greater than the number 666
    Click to open The Allsorts Cupboard

Widen your search Horizons
    Find it on eBid
    Click here to join the fun for FREE

Thread Information