eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ALL Listings will be removed if questions aren't answered within 24 hours??

Forum Newbie
    View fishtown's Feedback (+4546)
    All-About fishtown
    View fishtown's Listings
    Forum Posts

Arrow ALL Listings will be removed if questions aren't answered within 24 hours??

I didn't notice this policy before I registered with ebid. I am all for answering question ASAP, but the checklist that popped up when I was submitting my first listing stated that "ALL" of my listings would be ended & I could be suspended if I don't answer a question within 24 hours of it being asked. This seems overly harsh. I travel out of town approximately 3 days per week on business and don't always have access to the internet. Could anybody confirm the clarity of this shocking policy? I have asked 3 sellers questions about their items and have not once received an answer; their auctions are still running... Thanx in advance!

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there , sorry I can not help with this...but it is news to me....I agree it it a bit harsh.....no....if it is correct...it is rediculous ... for obvious reasons.....
    I suggest you contact support.....they will confirm or deny.............Papa.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

This one's been discussed a lot, and my personal take on responses given by ebid when asked this in the past, is that the rule is there as a way to get rid of troublesome "drop stock and run" sellers, and will never be applied to ordinary sellers in good standing.

View ttelyob's Feedback (+1495)
    All-About ttelyob
    View ttelyob's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trinakarenmillejamboree View Post
    24hrs is ont enough IMO, maybe 48hrs would be better.
    What happens if you go away for the weekend, do not have access to the computer?.
    You can put a notice on your listings stating you will be away from the computer on certain dates and that all transactions and messages will be dealt with immediately on your return, that's what do.

All-About ttelyob
    View ttelyob's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ttelyob View Post
    You can put a notice on your listings stating you will be away from the computer on certain dates and that all transactions and messages will be dealt with immediately on your return, that's what do.
    Trinakarenmillejamboree
    if you look at my listings you will see i have posted a notice for next weekend while i am on a two day residential course, and no computer with me.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Hi

I would put a notice on if I was away, but would that cover the you must answer questions within 24hrs the OP speaks of?

Quote Originally Posted by ttelyob View Post

Im all for anything that makes it harder for the scammers after all it efects all our sales.

All-About ttelyob
    View ttelyob's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trinakarenmillejamboree View Post
    Hi

I would put a notice on if I was away, but would that cover the you must answer questions within 24hrs the OP speaks of?
    If you go to My Notices it says this when explaining what notices are for

My Notices allows you to post notices to your auctions. You are able to notify bidders of impending absences or other information in relation to your current auctions. HTML is not permitted in My Notices.
    So if the notice is explaining an impending absence, surely it must cover you not answering within 24hours.

All-About ttelyob
    View ttelyob's Listings
    Forum Posts

I also have to agree 24hours is too short for a lot of people to respond in the time.
    for example on some days I work from 6am to 7pm, and often to tired to be bothered to turn the computer on, if I have had a parish council meeting the previous evening I will not have been on the computer after about 5pm. So would not get back to computer until sometime on the day after, so at least 36 hours.

Thread Information