Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: This listing thing seems to be working

Default This listing thing seems to be working

Got three seperate bids WOW for three seperate items
    Lucky people will get real good bargains & I will gain some space.
    Better get listing some more as soon as I can

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheMan3 View Post
    Well done.
    Got 3 bids on my stuff as well.
    Hi Dan well done to you to

Sadly, I've listed loads over the past couple of weeks, no bids or BINs, in fact, sorry to say, I've got bids elsewhere on one boxed set for a lot more than I had it BIN on here - and there weren't even any views here. It's got rather dispiriting.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    Sadly, I've listed loads over the past couple of weeks, no bids or BINs, in fact, sorry to say, I've got bids elsewhere on one boxed set for a lot more than I had it BIN on here - and there weren't even any views here. It's got rather dispiriting.
    Hazel, I don't know if this helps, but I went into your store the other day and looked at a few categories I was interested in... then saw that nearly all your stuff (over 2,000) was in one big "to be sorted" category, and gave up. You have such a large stock, and such a variety of books, I was only prepared to check the sub-cats I knew were of interest to me. I don't know how common that is, but maybe it would be worth having a bit if a blitz on sorting into cats?

Yes I know, it's a bit difficult, they've stayed like that because I haven't had time to sort them out. I don't really blame anyone for not looking at those ones at all. The thing is that there are at least 600 that aren't in that great big lumped category, and all the ones I've listed recently are done properly with pictures, there are at least a couple of hundred of those.

It doesn't seem to make any difference, they still get no views, with or without pictures, with or without being listed in a sensible category with a decent description. It doesn't seem to make any difference, I've sold just as many of the ones from the giant lump category as any of the others.

I was just feeling a bit cheesed off because I listed two lots on here and the same identical ones elsewhere, and have had to take them off here, where they got no views at all, because they've already got bids elsewhere. If I suddenly get loads of time the week after next because my employers couldn't get it together in time to prolong my job, I should sort it out. My problem is that I'm wondering if it's worth spending all that time doing it, when all I seem to be doing is removing them because they sell (much faster) elsewhere.

What categories were you interested in? I'll go for them first

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Right, can't refuse an offer like that. Rather than double-check your split, if I say I read whodunits (as old fashioned as possible) by the bucketful, I'm sure you have a crime or crime and something section. That's where I looked. I'm also interested in cookery books (anything unusual, not just more Hamlyn!)

Other interests are country living, countryside pursuits and natural history... not sure what cat you'd put those in, but I'm sure you've got one tucked away somewhere.

And motor sport.

Umm... and boats.

I think that's about it.

For now.

Thread Information