Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gazza, Item Description all over the place

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation Gazza, Item Description all over the place

Hi Gazza,

I'll attach two links to listed items on my shop so you can see what's happening to the item description on listing and how it should be.

This is what is happening:

http://uk.ten.ebid.net/perl/auction....646&mo=auction

This is how it should be:

http://uk.ten.ebid.net/perl/auction....642&mo=auction

When I copy and paste, everything is in the right order, everything is how it should be, then I save, then I check the listing and everything is all over the place lol!

As you can understand, I need to make changes to my listings' "Item Description", number one, because I'm expanding shipping to the USA and I like to put a pre-combined shipping list on the item description, number two, adding a new payment method for Great Britain "Postal Order" which I need to include information on that in the item description so people know I only accept that method for mainland Great Britain, and number three, because I noticed a couple of spelling mistakes which are my bad lol!

It's taken approximately 40 minutes for me to do around 6 listings because I'm having to save, re-edit - copy/paste things back into the right order, save, re-edit - copy paste again etc. Realistically, I should have been able to do around a 100 listings in that same 40 minutes.

I hope the above links are useful and can hopefully pin point the issue.

The reason I like to put "pre-combined" postage price lists on my listings is so customers can see the combined shipping prices so they are not blindly buying multiple items and then being surprised by the shipping cost lol!

I'm on Windows XP (Home with Microsft Works not Office), running Internet browser Explorer 7.0.

Thank you )
    Last edited by darth_reaper; 6th February 2009 at 10:34 PM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

I can't see anything different between the two.
    In both of them the text and images are all centered.
    What is the problem?

BTW, what do you use to create your HTML? Microsoft anything is usually the cause for problems.

All-About rokins_toys
    Forum Posts

Arrow

There's definitely a visible problem from my end. Paragraphs are out of order, multiple spaces appearing between paragraphs when there should only be one space between each paragraph, bold disappearing off fonts when there should be bold, even fonts are changing colours lol!

I'm still using "turbo lister" to keep all my listings as I do not have any office programs to run eBid's spreadsheet thingy, as when I downloaded that before, it said I needed a Microsfot Office program to run it properly otherwise, I get a window with symbol code in it.

"Turbo lister" is not the cause of the problem either because things have copy and pasted fine, it's when I save online that everything screws up a bit, it's happened before last year. When I copy and paste, it should save in the order it's pasted, not rearrange things! Lol!

All listings were originally created in Turbo Lister. I just copy and paste into eBid's online listing tool using the advanced setting: WYSIWYG Advanced.

These side by side pictures will show you what's happening, put on some notes too:
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by darth_reaper; 7th February 2009 at 04:39 AM.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

I don't wish to sound dim, but I'm still not seeing it.

Not knowing how you think the page should be, I can't tell from the pictures where the problems are. How about a side by side comparison of the one you say is correct along with the one you say is wrong?

You still haven't said what you used to create the original HTML. Turbo lister may well have a copy of it, but I doubt that you used TL to create each auction in the first place. It is important to know what you used because some applications include all sorts of extra code within the HTML which may well be getting stripped out by the auction software on eBid.

All-About rokins_toys
    Forum Posts

Well, after 41 re-edits in 23 mins, this listing is finally as it should be. So given the time spent on this ONE listing alone last night and today, I could have done 200..

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by darth_reaper View Post
    Well, after 41 re-edits in 23 mins, this listing is finally as it should be.
    Which listing?

And, yet again, what are you using to write the original auction description? I've looked at the HTML in a couple of your auctions and it is fairly horrendous.

Forum Newbie
    View RamboAutoTools's Feedback (+8)
    All-About RamboAutoTools
    View RamboAutoTools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi All,

I'm seeing the same problems in my listings, granted i tend to use office applications, however i have copied anything out of word and pasted in note pad to try and remove any hidden rubbish that MS puts in and still get the same problem. It all looks fine when your making the listing then you hit save and view the listing and half of the text is missing and rest has been re arranged and make no sense to anyone, lol

take a look,
    http://uk.ten.ebid.net/perl/auction....952&mo=auction

it's about the 30th time i have tried to edit the listing to get it the way it should be, but now i have pretty much given up on it and resorted to the forums for help, lol.

I have loads of stuff i would like to list (about 250 products) but obviously i want to get the first few right first as i don't really like the idea of having to go back over everything again.

Cheers guys.
    Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by RamboAutoTools View Post
    Hi All,

I'm seeing the same problems in my listings, granted i tend to use office applications, however i have copied anything out of word and pasted in note pad to try and remove any hidden rubbish that MS puts in and still get the same problem. It all looks fine when your making the listing then you hit save and view the listing and half of the text is missing and rest has been re arranged and make no sense to anyone, lol

take a look,
    http://uk.ten.ebid.net/perl/auction....952&mo=auction

it's about the 30th time i have tried to edit the listing to get it the way it should be, but now i have pretty much given up on it and resorted to the forums for help, lol.

I have loads of stuff i would like to list (about 250 products) but obviously i want to get the first few right first as i don't really like the idea of having to go back over everything again.

Cheers guys.
    Alex.
    Hi Alex,
    welcome to eBid, sorry you'll need to remove your phone number from your listings as it's against eBid's Rules.
    Are you tryng to use an email address in them, as that will result in missing sections as well, as email addresses are automatically stripped out.
    It's a bit hard to see whats wrong if we don't know what it should look like, can you take a screenshot before the editor does its thing showing what it should look like?
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Newbie
    View RamboAutoTools's Feedback (+8)
    All-About RamboAutoTools
    View RamboAutoTools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there,

Thanks for the welcome and tip on the phone number, must has have missed that when reading thought the rule book. I've removed from the listings now, although where that stands with company law etc, as we are meant to make sure all our contact details are displayed on whatever it is we do?

The listing should look like this http://www.ramboautotools.com/temp/V001.htm

I'm thinking it must be some sort of hidden formating thats making this happen.

Cheers,
    Alex

Thread Information